Lowland Development League

HibeeJibee

That’s now two away cup games for Kelty where the home team haven’t booked long enough to complete the match! Fair enough replaying the game but it is extra games to fit in. Surely the home team have to take full responsibility that they have a long enough booking and if not forfeit the game!!

If a game is unexpectedly held-up for a significant period... most obviously a bad injury requiring an ambulance... it's understandable it might run into issues, if the lights have a cut-off. It's much the same within an unlit senior match during January or February, or midweek in April, when there might not be enough daylight for an unexpected delay as well as extra-time and penalties.

However kick-offs should be allowing for extra-time and penalties, they are routine not unexpected. If the home club fails to allow for extra-time and penalties, they should surely forfeit the tie. With these incidents happening in quick succession clubs can't now plead ignorance of the issue.

Edited by HibeeJibee

If a game is unexpectedly held-up for a significant period... most obviously a bad injury requiring an ambulance... it's understandable it might run into issues, if the lights have a cut-off. It's much the same within an unlit senior match during January or February, or midweek in April, when there might not be enough daylight for an unexpected delay as well as extra-time and penalties.

However kick-offs should be allowing for extra-time and penalties, they are routine not unexpected. If the home club fails to allow for extra-time and penalties, they should surely forfeit the tie. With these incidents happening in quick succession clubs can't now plead ignorance of the issue.
While I agree that allowances should be made for ET and penalties in caste cup ties, I don't think that's always down to the home club to be fair, as the only way it could be done is bringing the KO forward. That could be done when they are caste as the issue is already "known". Rather than caste a 19:45 or 20:00 cup fixture and leave it to the clubs to negotiate (what if the away club didn't agree to the time change, for example) make 19:15 the kickoff for winter cup ties across the board?

Most 4G facilities that host games on a Friday night will have a hard stop of 22:00, where the home team have no control over the lights, even if it is their own ground. Certainly anyone with a 4G which has received funding will have lights that even if switched on at the switches will cut off at 22:00 on an internal timer that you have no access to and not come back on til 09:00 as part of the planning regulations.

Its not like they can say "we'll book an extra half hour at the end to account for it", the lights would still go off and there's nothing at all they can do.

Maybe that's an unknown for the league this year with so many teams and it's certainly not a criticism for what it's a superbly run competition.

Maybe just a learning point for everyone for next season that across the board all cup ties should be caste as 19:15 kickoffs rather than 19:45 (would get ET but unlikely pens) or 20:00 (wont to get either)?

12 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

While I agree that allowances should be made for ET and penalties in caste cup ties, I don't think that's always down to the home club to be fair, as the only way it could be done is bringing the KO forward. That could be done when they are caste as the issue is already "known". Rather than caste a 19:45 or 20:00 cup fixture and leave it to the clubs to negotiate (what if the away club didn't agree to the time change, for example) make 19:15 the kickoff for winter cup ties across the board?

Most 4G facilities that host games on a Friday night will have a hard stop of 22:00, where the home team have no control over the lights, even if it is their own ground. Certainly anyone with a 4G which has received funding will have lights that even if switched on at the switches will cut off at 22:00 on an internal timer that you have no access to and not come back on til 09:00 as part of the planning regulations.

Its not like they can say "we'll book an extra half hour at the end to account for it", the lights would still go off and there's nothing at all they can do.

Maybe that's an unknown for the league this year with so many teams and it's certainly not a criticism for what it's a superbly run competition.

Maybe just a learning point for everyone for next season that across the board all cup ties should be caste as 19:15 kickoffs rather than 19:45 (would get ET but unlikely pens) or 20:00 (wont to get either)?

Good post. Some even earlier the big issue we had at Lasswade was the timer going out at 9.45pm to allow 15 minutes for the players getting changed and getting their arses out so staff can get finished for 10. The timer would require an electrician to change it. With lots of prior let’s up to half 7 I think the only way to proceed is to do away with extra time and go straight to pens.

23 hours ago, gogsy said:

"Heriot Watt 3 Kelty Hearts 3 after extra time. The game was going to head into penalties then the Floodlights went off at Riccarton due to the timer  Likely outcome will be the game being replayed.‬

Think Heriot watt offered to take the penalties in the Indoor pitch, which had the lights kept on, Kelty refused. Don’t quote me on this but a parent of an Heriot watt player mentioned. He said TBF, Heriot watt should have won the game with the chances created. 

16 minutes ago, skynews said:

Think Heriot watt offered to take the penalties in the Indoor pitch, which had the lights kept on, Kelty refused. Don’t quote me on this but a parent of an Heriot watt player mentioned. He said TBF, Heriot watt should have won the game with the chances created. 

Not true, we all waited inside for the penalties but were all told the u20 League Secretary and the referee having spoken to the league secretary refused for this to happen.

Not true in the slightest, Heriot watt and ref agreed. The Kelty coaches refused. It’s not difficult to understand.  Having spoken to the parent, the Heriot watt players are fuming, the indoor pitch was set for a penalty kicks.  No one is having a pop. Kelty took ages in all the interval breaks according to Heriot watt players. 

Whicn under 20 sec or league Secetary are you on about?

2 hours ago, skynews said:

Not true in the slightest, Heriot watt and ref agreed. The Kelty coaches refused. It’s not difficult to understand.  Having spoken to the parent, the Heriot watt players are fuming, the indoor pitch was set for a penalty kicks.  No one is having a pop. Kelty took ages in all the interval breaks according to Heriot watt players. 

Whicn under 20 sec or league Secetary are you on about?

The one that the referee was on the phone too. Jesus, iv no need to lie. "Took ages at interval breaks" bloody hell, the U20 team havent been beaten all season, why suddenly time waste at half time and extra time and not play penalties.

You have went from "dont quote me on this" to a full blown rant "not true in the slightest"

Heriot Watt should have organised the game in plenty time for extra time and pens, they are to blame. Not Kelty. Their players should be fuming with whoever organised the kick off time, not Kelty.

Edited by kefc

Took in the game and Kelty bossed the match, Heriot-Watt watt scored on their first attack and last attack when Kelty switched off. Both teams hit the post in the first half. 

I was also waiting on penalties when the oriam employee told everyone there was to be no shootout as the referee had been told by the league secretary that it wasn’t permitted to move the game indoors for penalties. 

One of the Kelty players told the travelling support that the lights were going to be switched off at 10.30, and that the ref offered to abandon the game at half time in extra time with the match poised at 3-3 or play the second half of extra time in the hope that there would be a goal and the lights would stay on til it finished. 

8pm kick offs for a match that can go to extra time and penalties is farcical. 7.45 at the very latest to allow for the match to be played to its conclusion. There were no unexpected stoppages. The blame lies purely at the feet of the home team. 

Edited by pipedreamer
Typo

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

To be fair the Heriot Watt players that were in a certain chip shop in Kelty after the first game were claiming they should have won a game they lost three-nil, so im betting they should have won by three or four on Friday.

Getting personal now. I would expect Kelty to steamroll every team with the investment and calibre of players in your rank.  Kelty are the best team in the league by a country mile. I have seen you play Bonnyton, Cumbernauld away and hearts youth. No one is denying that, I was not at the game but by all accounts “ Kelty bossed “ the game without any clear cut chances. 

You will everything this season.  The conduct of the staff to refuse to move pen in am indoor was wrong. The Ref never called the Secetary, nor did anyone from Heriot watt having confirmed with the player who has asked one of the coaches.

Good Luck with the season, am a football fan and I love watching your 20s like I do some of your 1st team games. It’s not nice to get all personal.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Some game at Dalkeith , Dalkeith 5-5 Edinburgh United

Edit Dalkeith 5-6 Edinburgh United now

Cracking result for Stirling Uni beating Spartans by three goals

Incredible game Gogsy well done United :)