Stenhousemuir v Stirling Albion

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We made it hard for ourselves but in the end we achieved an excellent away victory over Stenhousemuir. Can`t remember the last time we scored 5 away from home but the 4 we let in one or two imo could have been avoided especially the 2nd Stennie goal Greg Patterson our goalkeeper did not exactly cover himself in glory for this one but overall a good performance in a ground where in the past we have usually ended up with nothing.

Roll on Airdrie next week possible 2nd away victory on the trot here`s hopping :thumsup2

Booth's tactics and team selection are absolutely shocking. Time for him to have a drastic rethink.

We are 2 goals down and concede a corner so we put all 11 men back into our box, we put 2 players on the front post even although the Albion have no players in that area and 2 players on the back post. Unreal.

It took the Binos all of 10 minutes to see that every ball we play from the keeper has to go through the back 4, they put men up to put pressure on us and it goes to ratshit.

Booth brings Miller on who is a right sided player and puts him on the left side and Dickson who is left sided plays on the right and then Dickson, who was probably our best player, gets substituted..

Good bet for Tuesday will be Hearts +3

It took the Binos all of 10 minutes to see that every ball we play from the keeper has to go through the back 4, they put men up to put pressure on us and it goes to ratshit.

I noticed that as well the last couple of times we've played at Ochilview, it's classic Scottish lower league team trying to pass the ball out from the back. Pass it along the back once or twice until someone loses it, or panics and belts it up the park. At least we just accept that we can't pass it, skip the fannying around and just punt it up straight away.

I was very critical of the manager last week but to give him his due, McDonald made tactical changes at half time and turned this game around.

Its not much fun being behind the goals and having to watch your own defense. Wedderburn is a better defender than I gave him credit for and Chris Smith reads the game so well. Even then it was Darren Smith who made a number of key interventions.

Well done to Greig and the team.

Bizarre game. I thought we played really well in the first half. Turning point was Josh Watt's miss when one on one with the keeper at the end of the first half. I'm still not sure how the match turned the way it did. Calamitous mistake for the equaliser and then Summers got done by Darren Smith for the third. Him and Lithgow had nightmare second halves. And the keeper doesn't look the best (hurry back Chris Smith).

Going forward I thought we looked very good. Given we scored 4, maybe not a surprise.

Couldn't understand Booths double substitution after it went 4-3. I felt that we could still have got a point at least but no sooner had he made the change and it was 5-3.

Overall I was actually more positive today than I was after we beat Airdrie.

At half time I commented this was the worst side we have played at this level I can remember, they were utter garbage. To come out and lose four goals is pub level in all honesty.

Gordon Smith was sensational for Stirling I reckon you will struggle to see a better striker this season. Pace, power, clinical. Everything we don't have.

What happened with that fat lad and his mates getting chucked out in the first half? That was more watchable than than the game especially at the start when some boy played a tune on the drum and only one kid jumped about to it. Poetry that was.

Positive after watching that pish?

We are relegation fodder worst team I've seen in years.

First half we played good football and deserved to be ahead. Individual errors cost us in the 2nd half.

Collectively against Airdrie we were rubbish.

Archived