Female Managers in the SPFL? In the Premiership?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Wikipedia, in last season's Scottish Womens PL there were 10 male and 2 female managers... the latter leading Rangers (5th) and Spartans (4th).

Thanks. I am by no means advocating they stick to women's football for evermore, but that might be the best place to establish themselves.

And again.

I think the few posts on this thread that fit the criteria are knowingly stupid. Apart from Im_Rodger's. I suspect he's about 15 and thinks he's being really funny.

To be fair I think most of the sexist comments on this thread at least are simply made in jest and (hopefully) don't reflect the posters actual views.

I think that eventually there will be women managing/coaching professional men's teams. I don't think it will be for a while but attitudes are slowly changing and I can see a chairman somewhere with the balls to appoint a woman if she was proven to be a top class manager.

One thing I don't see though is men and women playing in the same teams/leagues, most competitive sports are still divided into gender categories and I am not sure that will change.

To be fair I think most of the sexist comments on this thread at least are simply made in jest and (hopefully) don't reflect the posters actual views.

I think that eventually there will be women managing/coaching professional men's teams. I don't think it will be for a while but attitudes are slowly changing and I can see a chairman somewhere with the balls to appoint a woman if she was proven to be a top class manager.

One thing I don't see though is men and women playing in the same teams/leagues, most competitive sports are still divided into gender categories and I am not sure that will change.

You may get one or two but I think that most owners/CEO's etc will still go for a male ex player purely because he can 'relate' to the players with his own experience. Unless the woman's game became as professional as the men's (that's not a slur, I'm talking about the levels of cash etc which leads to more pressure on financial success etc) then it would take an exceptional woman to do it. I certainly can't see a time when half of the managers in the senior leagues are female which would be the ultimate scenario with this line of logic.

As for all the 'right on' types picking us up for being sexist, what do you expect ? This isn't the BBC, we're a bunch of dafties on the internet putting the world to rights :lol:

As for all the 'right on' types picking us up for being sexist, what do you expect ? This isn't the BBC, we're a bunch of dafties on the internet putting the world to rights :lol:

What do you expect from a poster who equates calls to keep politics away from football to unionists shutting down the referendum debate?

I think the few posts on this thread that fit the criteria are knowingly stupid. Apart from Im_Rodger's. I suspect he's about 15 and thinks he's being really funny.

Excuse me but my jokes got people like:-

post-54005-14085521058514_thumb.jpg

What do you expect from a poster who equates calls to keep politics away from football to unionists shutting down the referendum debate?

I wish I hadn't but I've been dipping into the referendum sub forum and it makes the football forums look like the Cambridge/Oxford debating teams.

So you are looking for some kind of rugby or cricket coach for your next gaffer?

I would always want my clubs manager to have had a background in football.

I think the point there is that "a background in football" doesn't always have to mean chucking ex-players into jobs because they scored a few goals and somehow got their coaching badges.

Or maybe she would have the ability to remain calm and composed in getting her point across, unlike so many "fitba men".

On the original point about female managers in the SPFL, I doubt someone like Anne Budge would be afraid to appoint one if she thought she was the best candidate.

I doubt it, one player comes into the dressing room with their boots still on and shit would go down

It's hard enough for males that aren't affiliated to spl football to get a top job never mind a woman. It's sad but it'll take a long time till the old boys club allow males with a non football background in, then twenty years on we may get a female assistant coach.

Archived