Ice Bucket Challenge

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. If we had our priorities right research into cancer and treatment of, and care for, cancer sufferers would not depend on charity.

2. Until that happens, and we do depend on charities for so many things, there must be better ways of raising money than carrying out stupid stunts. I can't understand why so many 'good causes' seem to rely on people demeaning themselves in some way.

Good points.

If folk want to tip a bucket of water over their head for a laugh and follow it up with a donation it's a pretty harmless way of making it viral and maximising the amount going towards the chosen charity.

Personally don't see any harm in it.

"Demeaning themselves" ha ha ha fucking hell, its pouring a bucket over your heed, no being shagged in public

I'm assuming you've done both so as to be in a position to make a comparison.

Maybe I'm old fashioned or something but why can't you donate to charity without filming yourself doing something stupid and then putting it out on the web?

It's a load of shit can't people just donate some money without the attention seeking.

Yeah, it's like the other end of the economic spectrum to the black tie galas for charity; rich people having to show how much they supposedly care rather than just donating the money.

If you want to give just give.

I just saw one on fb with George Dubya Bush. He nominated Bill Clinton. He's still a chunt mind. Gehrig's disease/ALS/MND is fecking horrible so it is great that awareness and money is being raised by this venture. Sadly it is such a deadly disorder and kills relatively quickly that research lags behind other diseases such as cancer.

Jimmy Johnstone and Don McVicar died from it and the former baseball great Lou Gehrig.

Its a bit fun, its original, it raises money and awareness for a good cause..so yeah,same as most things like that in this country, let's all try and act cool and moan like f**k how pish it all is!

I'm with you UTN, money for good causes no matter what they are is good thing, period! Some maybe on the bandwagon, but that's the whole point, to get people engaged to give money to charities/people that are less fortunate than us.

I'd love some c**t to nominate me, it was 38 degrees today.

ETA - Don't do it while cycling or driving,. I do like you Nade :wub:

Archived