The Compliance Officer and The Championship

I'll bet Stubbs and Nelson wish they hadn't bleated on and on about the incident now.STFU,the game was over and it was time to move on.How will Hibs cope withought Stevo?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SD's analogy doesn't stand up, imo.

In a sporting contest teams are competing directly against one another, and the manner in which the rules are applied has no implications beyond those within the narrow limits of the sport itself. Neither of those apply to a criminal justice system, where criminals aren't competing against one another, but where the the rights have to be balanced against those of third parties (the victims).

Me, I'd say the OP has a point, but I can't say I feel very strongly about it.

Typical liberal wishy washy :rolleyes:

Also, this is a sport. 3 teams are unfairly hindered for 36 games by rules that apply to the others for 12 games and the diddies directly benefit every time a player is banned.

I hate to break this to you but you are in the championship.

You wont be able to watch your Jambo`s on TV every week now.

Starting this weekend :P

Interesting contrast between Hearts fans' view on this and the Hill/Hamill incident last season. Same thing really, a tiny movement of the head with no real contact. Whether it should be a red card offence or not is irrelevant, it is, and we all know it. At least Stevenson didn't collapse to the ground and start rolling around.

I can almost understand the point but that's the way it goes sometimes. Should we all play matches at the same stadium so everyone plays on the same pitch too? Football is full of irregularities. Deal with it.

The Scottish cup, for example. One tournament but there's a vast difference between the first round and the final. I'm sure if someone got lamped in the Scottish cup final there would be an outcry to retrospectively punish this. If it happened in the first round to a Threave player? No one would give a f**k.

Basically, dry your eyes and get on with it.

No one from Cowden or Alloa would be as billy big-time or stupid as Stevenson or Walker so no need to gather evidence against us.

Not so your chairman though who was filmed singing sectarian songs. Or am I wrong?

Basically the OP has a valid argument but there is nothing that anybody can do about it. So we just have to live with it and be glad we don't live in Syria.

I suppose Ann Budge might as well make out the cheque for this season's poor discipline now. Six more games against Rangers and Hibs still to go.

Can see both sides here. One the one hand, if John Armstrong chins Callum Elliot and the ref misses it, he gets away Scott free just because its not televised. Where as most hearts hibs and gers games will be, carrying that evidential burden. On the other hand, don't be a twat like Stevenson and walker and you won't get done. Simples

One thing i do know for sure is that Stubbs made a right c@#t of that. Does the guy have a brain? Hearts will be without what is essentially a fringe player whilst he will be without a first choice starter. Erse

:lol:

should we tell him?

Tell me what? Hearts will be in highlights on BBC1 every single Sunday by the looks of things. Sportscene are absolutely notorious for "trial by TV". Not sure what's funny. If there's an incident, sportscene will show it.

Tell me what? Hearts will be in highlights on BBC1 every single Sunday by the looks of things. Sportscene are absolutely notorious for "trial by TV". Not sure what's funny. If there's an incident, sportscene will show it.

Championship highlights are on the official YouTube channel. Along with League One, League Two and Premiership highlights

The YouTube channel is likely more watched than Sportscene aswell

Are people seriously suggesting that an incident (any incident not necessarily this one) can be seen by millions on TV but must be ignored because not every game is on TV? Is this some kind of joke?

Incidents should not be ignored

When it comes to adding to a players disciplinary points total and a clubs disciplinary record, retrospective penalties should not apply

Not sure if it does at the moment?

If they don't get involved they won't get done. No that I think Walker deserved a ban, he basically did nowt, but that's the way of football these days.

I'm no having the CCTV analogy though. If someone was murdered off camera it would still be investigated. Thousands of people could witness a headbutt at a game but if there was no footage that'd be the end of it if the ref missed it. TV evidence is clearly the only form of prosecution in these cases, as witnessed by Lunny refusing to review cameraphone footage in games last year.

Archived