Best young prospect in the league?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just stating the facts.

As it is though, it was I that brought up McGeady in the first place, I didn't overlook him. Deflect away by saying I'm 'raging' though, as a club that has a history of overspending, I certainly wouldn't be happy if we were investing as much as Celtic do and getting the same return.

Phil Roberts may well turn out to be great for us DBurns, but I highly doubt he'll ever be anywhere near the best prospects in the league.

Celtic admins 0

Dundee admins 2

You're obviously not happy, I'm going to put you in the permanently seething about anything Celtic (or Rangers) related, so much so it blinds you when it comes to having a discussion about any topic that involves them category.

Only because you've taken a "fact" I stated and turned it into this big rant about Celtic.

Enjoy Paul McGowan, Simon Ferry, Nick Riley, Gary Irvine, Kevin McBride.

All products of our "disgraceful" youth squads.

Enrico Annoni, on 20 Aug 2014 - 16:28, said:

Celtic admins 0

Dundee admins 2

You're obviously not happy, I'm going to put you in the permanently seething about anything Celtic (or Rangers) related, so much so it blinds you when it comes to having a discussion about any topic that involves them category.

Enjoy Paul McGowan, Simon Ferry, Nick Riley, Gary Irvine, Kevin McBride.

All products of our "disgraceful" youth squads.

I stated that my club has a history of overspending... Not yours.

You've clearly missed my point though, and if you're happy to keep churning out players that aren't good enough for your club, by all means.

I stated that my club has a history of overspending... Not yours.

You've clearly missed my point though, and if you're happy to keep churning out players that aren't good enough for your club, by all means.

More to a club than just producing players from the youth system, but at least despite your anger at it, Dundee have benefited from our "disgraceful" (yes you really said that) youth system

You might find this useful for future rants

http://www.celticfc.net/pages/contactinfo

Enrico Annoni, on 20 Aug 2014 - 16:33, said:

More to a club than just producing players from the youth system, but at least despite your anger at it, Dundee have benefited from our "disgraceful" (yes you really said that) youth system

You might find this useful for future rants

http://www.celticfc.net/pages/contactinfo

It seems to me that you're the one that's upset here. Yes, Celtic's youth system is disgraceful for the facilities you have and the talent that ends up being churned out.

It seems to me that you're the one that's upset here. Yes, Celtic's youth system is disgraceful for the facilities you have and the talent that ends up being churned out.

:lol:

Enrico Annoni, on 20 Aug 2014 - 16:37, said:

:lol:

Least that post was easy enough for you not to have to edit in your fits of rage like you've done with your other posts in this debate.

Least that post was easy enough for you not to have to edit in your fits of rage like you've done with your other posts in this debate.

Aye ok, :lol:

Fucking hell, you're embarrassing. anyways i've had enough laughing at you. don't forget they contract details

Charlie Mulgrew made himself elsewhere. He never even made a first team appearance for Celtic before moving on.

The comparison of sizes between Celtic and Livi yet Livi have 2 regular's in the Scotland side and Leigh Griffiths, it's a disgrace Celtic don't have more than they do considering they get basically free choice on who they want in their academy.

In his professional career he's spent 8 of his 12 years at Celtic, with many years beforehand in their youth system, he's a product of their system. You'd be aswell arguing Stevie May spent two years at Alloa and Hamilton so he's not our youth product. They also have David Marshall, James Forrest and Shaun Maloney who have been regular Scotland players, and Aiden McGeady who would've been.

Livi have had Dorrans and Snodgrass. In comparison Celtic are clearly ahead, even including your bizarre inclusion of the barely capped Griffiths, who even Forrest has double the caps of,

RandomGuy., on 20 Aug 2014 - 19:20, said:

In his professional career he's spent 8 of his 12 years at Celtic, with many years beforehand in their youth system, he's a product of their system. You'd be aswell arguing Stevie May spent two years at Alloa and Hamilton so he's not our youth product. They also have David Marshall, James Forrest and Shaun Maloney who have been regular Scotland players, and Aiden McGeady who would've been.

Livi have had Dorrans and Snodgrass. In comparison Celtic are clearly ahead, even including your bizarre inclusion of the barely capped Griffiths, who even Forrest has double the caps of,

Of course Celtic are ahead, but by what margin? The margin they're ahead by is nowhere near being good enough. And you mention Shaun Maloney, how far are we supposed to go back here? Maloney is 31 now fs. Dundee produced Bobby Cox, so we're doing a smashing job as well!

In the past say, 10 years, Livi have produced quality that almost equals what Celtic have produced.

The Stevie May/Mulgrew situations are entirely different. Mulgrew had played 0 times for Celtic before he was moved on. I've gave the issue more time than I really should have, because it's simple really: Celtic do not produce enough quality considering the amount they invest.

had a look tonight, and when you compare the similarly positioned McGinn, Fraser and Christie, they all have 4 league goals, McGinn with significantly more games than Fraser and Christie but Christie has slightly less, meaning he has the best goals to game ratio.

had a look tonight, and when you compare the similarly positioned McGinn, Fraser and Christie, they all have 4 league goals, McGinn with significantly more games than Fraser and Christie but Christie has slightly less, meaning he has the best goals to game ratio.

John McGinn primarily plays as a defensive midfielder...

I'm no expert in Ryan Christies position, but he plays as a striker in my dream team... So I'm hoping he's playing upfront!

I'm no expert in Ryan Christies position, but he plays as a striker in my dream team... So I'm hoping he's playing upfront!

I believe his correct role is as a Trequarista...

Just oaf McKay usually.

Archived