Peterhead v Morton

Firstly the game: Reflecting on the game I think a draw would be a fair result but credit to Morton for keeping pushing at the end. Made easier by Rory getting a needless sending off and allowing Morton to play high at the end of the game. I won't comment on the second yellow until I see the highlights but the first one was absolutely needless and Jim is going to have to get across to Rory the consequences for the team when he is back-chatting the ref. On the subject of the ref, I thought he had a decent game given that the last time he was here we lost two players with some shocking decisions. Think he missed a handball when Rory had a shot and the player lay on the ground in front of him. All in all a good game of football.

Secondly the Morton supporters: my oh my oh my. We haven't had any incidents of violence at Balmoor where we needed to call the police and have supporters ejected, until today. Well done Morton, you are officially the worse behaved support seen at Balmoor. It would be a pity if we had to introduce segregation at Balmoor due to the behaviour of your support today.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Secondly the Morton supporters: my oh my oh my. We haven't had any incidents of violence at Balmoor where we needed to call the police and have supporters ejected, until today. Well done Morton, you are officially the worse behaved support seen at Balmoor. It would be a pity if we had to introduce segregation at Balmoor due to the behaviour of your support today.

What happened? Did bouts of song signing break out? Shockeroony, bet you haven't see that at Balmoor for years!

Firstly the game: Reflecting on the game I think a draw would be a fair result but credit to Morton for keeping pushing at the end. Made easier by Rory getting a needless sending off and allowing Morton to play high at the end of the game. I won't comment on the second yellow until I see the highlights but the first one was absolutely needless and Jim is going to have to get across to Rory the consequences for the team when he is back-chatting the ref. On the subject of the ref, I thought he had a decent game given that the last time he was here we lost two players with some shocking decisions. Think he missed a handball when Rory had a shot and the player lay on the ground in front of him. All in all a good game of football.

Aye McAllister had issues with the ref, jostling about on line for a corner.

SAM_0119_zpsb7e2a46b.jpg

Took his penalty sweet enough.

SAM_0121_zps7ed4a038.jpg

Saw one supporter getting ejected late teens looked a bit pi5hed, maybe if the guys who did the ejecting were dressed same as the stewards might have quietened down one old Morton fan who protested about their man handling.

After Morton went ahead you upped your game creating a lot more chances. Could have gone either way up until the sending off.

If by call the police you mean allow your fans and players to verbally and physically abuse Morton fans, then yep, you're spot on. Two sides to every coin...

I thought Morton just about deserved their win. First half they played most of the football on display which tbh, was not a lot. McManus had the best chance through one on one with the keeper but the latter did well and smothered the ball as McManus tried to round him. Second half Morton scored from a corner. Ball broke loose in the box and Milojevic hooked it into the keepers top left corner.

After that Peterhead came into it for a 20-25 min spell and got their penalty from a stupid foul just inside the right side of the box. Shortly after that there was a scramble which Gaston eventually smothered. Morton seemed to recover their composure and finished the game the stronger.

McAllister thoroughly deserved both cards especially the second where was needlessly late on Gaston when he had no chance of getting the ball.

Good 3 points for us. I don't think many teams will do that at Balmoor

Labelling 'Morton' as the worst behaved support ever seen at balmoor on the back of one or two individuals is a bit of an over reaction. Every fan base has their numpties but it's normally a small minority. Would be interesting to hear the other side of the story from a ton fan.

It should be noted that we went over to the Peterhead fans in the first half with every intention of winding up the wee dicks behind the goal, which obviously was a success. Then we moved to the stand while a handful of boys stayed with our flag and it was only when there were a handful of Morton fans left when the wee dicks had the courage to make their move. So dry your eyes.

As for the boy who got chucked out, he had to go but the guy in plain clothes, presumably off duty police as he was not wearing an SIA badge, was witnessed punching him in the side of the side of the head in the most overly aggressive ejection I've ever seen.

Other than that: SCENES.

It should be noted that we went over to the Peterhead fans in the first half with every intention of winding up the wee dicks behind the goal, which obviously was a success. Then we moved to the stand while a handful of boys stayed with our flag and it was only when there were a handful of Morton fans left when the wee dicks had the courage to make their move. So dry your eyes.

As for the boy who got chucked out, he had to go but the guy in plain clothes, presumably off duty police as he was not wearing an SIA badge, was witnessed punching him in the side of the side of the head in the most overly aggressive ejection I've ever seen.

That is tragic. Why would you intentionally go and wind up kids and boast about it to boot?

Surely the purpose of going to a football match is to watch the game, not, "winding up the wee dicks". I almost choked when I read of "aggressive ejection", that's the way of the world now, don't behave, however play the human rights card when dealt with.

I went to the toilets at half time and saw some of the verbals going on, I've never felt so intimidated at a game at Balmoor like this before. I hope that Morton can identify these so called fans and ban them from their games!

Surely the purpose of going to a football match is to watch the game, not, "winding up the wee dicks". I almost choked when I read of "aggressive ejection", that's the way of the world now, don't behave, however play the human rights card when dealt with.

I went to the toilets at half time and saw some of the verbals going on, I've never felt so intimidated at a game at Balmoor like this before. I hope that Morton can identify these so called fans and ban them from their games!

:bairn :bairn :bairn

So you went over deliberately to wind them up and ultimately that ends with a fight? When you set out to wind people up what do you expect? Sounds to me like most of the dicks were on our side. As for the guy getting punched on the way out, maybe he should have thought about his actions having consequences a bit sooner. Disgraceful behaviour and an embarrassment to the club.

Don't try defending the indefensible, it just makes you look stupid.

Whatever happened to going to football to watch the game?

You're right. How dare we sing songs wind up the opposition. We did leave remember leaving a large group to gang up on a minority. How dare *you* call anyone a disgrace when you don't know what happened?

When we returned to the main stand it was having had a laugh with the stewards who had agreed we'd done nothing but have a carry on.

And don't defend the indefensible act of punching a teenager in the face en route out of the stadium, it makes you look stupid.

Also tonsilitis I did enjoy the game. It was a good day with a great finish and it was good to toast it with friends after wards. Definitely my favourite trip in a long time other than the half time debacle.

You're right. How dare we sing songs wind up the opposition. We did leave remember leaving a large group to gang up on a minority. How dare *you* call anyone a disgrace when you don't know what happened?

When we returned to the main stand it was having had a laugh with the stewards who had agreed we'd done nothing but have a carry on.

And don't defend the indefensible act of punching a teenager in the face en route out of the stadium, it makes you look stupid.

Also tonsilitis I did enjoy the game. It was a good day with a great finish and it was good to toast it with friends after wards. Definitely my favourite trip in a long time other than the half time debacle.

I did enjoy the game and being there saw exactly what happened.

So you went over deliberately to wind them up and ultimately that ends with a fight? When you set out to wind people up what do you expect? Sounds to me like most of the dicks were on our side. As for the guy getting punched on the way out, maybe he should have thought about his actions having consequences a bit sooner. Disgraceful behaviour and an embarrassment to the club.

Don't try defending the indefensible, it just makes you look stupid.

Whatever happened to going to football to watch the game?

Sit down and shut up, you odious, slithering leech on this football club.

Archived