Peterhead v Morton

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we play like we did against Berwick or Ayr then it's highly unlikely that we'll take anything out of this one. I wouldn't rule us out, but it'll probably take our strongest performance of the season to win this one.

We're too unpredictable ( and soft centred) to be going into this game with any confidence. Definitely need a presence in midfield if we are to do anything this season. If the manager has Bachirou money to spend - he has an opportunity to get us back on the rails. He hasn't done too badly so far IMO so I'm fairly optimistic that he'll finish the job . Like others - I'd settle for a point at this stage.

Thought a draw would be the outcome before the match. Well done Morton for keeping going till the end and getting the win. Game came alive in the second half. McAllister rightly sent off for second bookable had loads of time to pull out of challenge on the keeper, he didn't. His first booking was a fair one as well hooked his foot around defender and both went down inside the box. After his first booking he was niggling the ref with the verbal. Lapse at the back cost Peterhead. Morton played some tidy football at times moving the ball about more than the home team but seemed lacking upfront. Your number 9 tends to look down to much, got a turn of speed about him but doesn't seem to make much space . Peterhead long ball and down the leftside were their main options.

On balance, deserved win for Morton.

Archived