Peterhead v Morton

Interesting match. Peterhead look like being a tough nut especially at Balmoor with a decent striker in McAllister plus Mark Millar and Jamie Stevenson. On the other hand, they struggled against Stirling and by all accounts only got a hold of the game against Airdrie after the sending off.

Morton were poor v Ayr but heading for a stick on 0-0 when Jordan Allan had a red mist moment and his sending off cost the game. We looked a different team against Stranraer but was that a one off?

I am nervous that the Peterhead midfield might be too strong for ours but equally we have proven ourselves hard to score against and there is always a chance that our new strike force could do the business. We also may have players coming back from injury.

As of now, I would be happy with a point.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can take 4 points from our next two games (Peterhead and Forfar away) then i'd say that's a pretty good return.

Anything less will be poor, as we need to be winning most weeks and picking up as many points as possible in these fixtures to have a chance at competing for the title.

Millar was quiet last week by all accounts so perhaps he is not match fit. Hopefully Pepper and Miller can do the business against him.

Anyone know how long Barrowman is out for? That will be 4 weeks on Sat since his last game against Spartans, hopefully we see him return on Sat or next week to see how he plays with McManus. Potential good partnership there.

Team should be playing with a bit of confidence after Saturday and we are hard to beat.

0-1. McManus.

Millar was quiet last week by all accounts so perhaps he is not match fit. Hopefully Pepper and Miller can do the business against him.

Anyone know how long Barrowman is out for? That will be 4 weeks on Sat since his last game against Spartans, hopefully we see him return on Sat or next week to see how he plays with McManus. Potential good partnership there.

Team should be playing with a bit of confidence after Saturday and we are hard to beat.

0-1. McManus.

Barrowman has hardly played at all in 2014. It was a hamstring injury that he was out with at the end last season as well (he missed the last 2 months of the season with that). Hopefully there's no major problem and he's back fit soon, but it is a bit concerning.

A hamstring is usually 4-6 weeks so there is a chance he might be fit for Saturday. I think that Stefan McCluskey might be fit to start on Saturday so we would probably look at the same team as Saturday but with Stefan replacing Russell on the left.

I feel for Tam O'Ware if he is left out as a result of players coming back. He is clearly getting used to playing upfront but he has done pretty well and helped McManus a lot.

If we get the first goal I'd be a little more confident than with most Morton sides of getting a decent result, at very least a point. The story of our season, i suspect, will be huffing and puffing to get a first goal; if Peterhead score first I can see it being a long day on the park.

Not that the football should distract from the far more important details of an all-day away trip, to hound our lying, lower than a snake's belly ex-manager. Though after the fine weekend win I think the ShameGame rating has to be lowered to 8/10. If we were going up there off two defeats and staring straight at a third, the away support would have needed to be segregated among itself.

A hamstring is usually 4-6 weeks so there is a chance he might be fit for Saturday. I think that Stefan McCluskey might be fit to start on Saturday so we would probably look at the same team as Saturday but with Stefan replacing Russell on the left.

I feel for Tam O'Ware if he is left out as a result of players coming back. He is clearly getting used to playing upfront but he has done pretty well and helped McManus a lot.

Would prefer a natural wide player like Russell is to keep his place and not replace him with McCluskey who plays more through the middle.

We created loads of chances on Saturday and put a lot of good balls into the box. Same team for me regardless of who is back. After a win like that, no one deserves to lose their place. If we had a very special player then fair enough, but don't think we have anyone good enough to walk straight back into the starting eleven.

Would prefer a natural wide player like Russell is to keep his place and not replace him with McCluskey who plays more through the middle.

We created loads of chances on Saturday and put a lot of good balls into the box. Same team for me regardless of who is back. After a win like that, no one deserves to lose their place. If we had a very special player then fair enough, but don't think we have anyone good enough to walk straight back into the starting eleven.

I have a good deal of sympathy with that view but I see in the Telegraph that Jamie McCluskey is a doubt. When he subbed Milojevic on Saturday I wondered if he had a knock but Duffy said he took him off as he had a booking already and the game was won so why risk a second booking. Makes sense!

How did Jamie look last night? Notice he played the full 120 so hopefully the possible injury is a none issue.

Important to keep Crighton, Milojevic, J.McCluskey, Pepper and McManus fit to have a chance of the title this season.

I can actually see us winning this one. After signing McManus we've managed to find the net 9 times in 2 games with McManus getting 5 of those so hopefully he keeps this excellent form up.

We're really lightweight in midfield though and really need to bring someone in. Mark Millar would've been perfect but Duffy was to busy "assessing his squad" and let him sign for you lot. I can see that coming back to haunt him I think he'll score against us.

Peterhead 1-3 Morton (Millar: McManus x2, J McCluskey)

Archived