"My Bankies Tattoo"

~~~

The one with the grey hoody and khaki trousers is the man with the tattoo. I'm all for kids coming to games,it'd die out if there wasn't a next generation, but that ultras shite was embarrassing.

That boy looks about 8 stone soaking wet. Don't think he would be able break wind never mind my nose.

Interesting Rico! ! So everyone with a tattoo is a criminal or just a bankies ones.

I do assume the majority of people from Clydebank have at some point been locked up at her majesty's pleasure

I do assume the majority of people from Clydebank have at some point been locked up at her majesty's pleasure

I've lived and worked in a few places and often heard people say they have heard Clydebank is rough. Growing up in the town, we were frequently told that loads of other places were rough. Whilst it's undoubtedly true that the town has run down areas, for the most part I believe that it is mainly myth since each place says these things about other areas. I've always heard that Castlemilk, for example, is really rough, but my family from Castlemilk reckon it's great and have heard that Clydebank is really rough when the reality is somewhere in between for everywhere.

I've lived and worked in a few places and often heard people say they have heard Clydebank is rough. Growing up in the town, we were frequently told that loads of other places were rough. Whilst it's undoubtedly true that the town has run down areas, for the most part I believe that it is mainly myth since each place says these things about other areas. I've always heard that Castlemilk, for example, is really rough, but my family from Castlemilk reckon it's great and have heard that Clydebank is really rough when the reality is somewhere in between for everywhere.

I agree with this. If you're from one of the "rough" areas but you don't subscribe to any of the nonsense (gangs, young teams, sectarian rivalry etc), then you're no more likely to get bother than you are in the more upmarket areas of Glasgow. I've lived in Possil, Maryhill, Gorbals (admittedly since it's been done up), Dennistoun etc and never once felt threatened, even walking about late at night.

Whereas I've been mugged twice in the West End and don't feel at all comfortable walking through the City Centre after hours.

I agree with this. If you're from one of the "rough" areas but you don't subscribe to any of the nonsense (gangs, young teams, sectarian rivalry etc), then you're no more likely to get bother than you are in the more upmarket areas of Glasgow. I've lived in Possil, Maryhill, Gorbals (admittedly since it's been done up), Dennistoun etc and never once felt threatened, even walking about late at night.

Whereas I've been mugged twice in the West End and don't feel at all comfortable walking through the City Centre after hours.

Same here. Lived in lots of places with a violent reputation, no trouble. If you're generally polite and friendly you can live anywhere. If you're a pompous twat, or (sadly) just a bit different, you can get bullied on the street or stones thrown at your windows in Hampstead just as much as Clydebank.

Haven't actually lived in Clydebank, or Hampstead

With the sound down it's got the general look of one of those documentaries about street children in Eastern Europe.

Its the one at the front with the navy tracksuit and red and white scarf wrapped around his neck that gets me in stitches.

After the first song finishes he squares up ( to nobody) and drops his left and right shoulder as though he's in an episode of britains hardest men/ football factory.

He's looking behind at the ring leaders as he doesn't even know the words to these most delightful of " songs" . :)

After each " song" he's giving it the pigeon chest as though he could destroy a poisoned Rottweiler that's been denied its hole for 6 months.

Edited by Hertha_BJFC

Same here. Lived in lots of places with a violent reputation, no trouble. If you're generally polite and friendly you can live anywhere. If you're a pompous twat, or (sadly) just a bit different, you can get bullied on the street or stones thrown at your windows in Hampstead just as much as Clydebank.

Haven't actually lived in Clydebank, or Hampstead

Throws-stones-at-windows-type-post IMO

• 4 years later...