RADIO BORDERS/ Gala v Vale

BUZZZZ

I had to drive to Edinburgh and back when this game was on so tuned in to radio boredom hoping to keep updated but while in the Lothian region Borders changes to sister station Forth and I have to say I was very impressed with Forths sports coverage, they keep you fully updated with most sports and cover all football from the Lowland to SPFL and play music in between !

In contrast radio boredom is limited to a full match commentary on a local rugby match with no music and very little else However they did manage to send Gala hating sports reporter David Knox to give a half and full time report on the game with no updates in between. Selkirk supporter Knox slaughtered Gala at half time, claiming they barley looked a shadow of the team which had won there first 2 league games despite the fact that he was not at the Preston game so would not know and even if he was he would have seen that Gala struggled in that game also and came away with all 3 points totally against the run of play and only winning 1 nil the same as this game !

The worst was yet to come when at full time Knox managed to get the Gala assistant manager ( manager was away to a wedding ) to slag his team off without a single positive comment, Templeton went on to say that his players thought that all they had to do was turn up lol Well thats a bloody site more than the manager bothered to do and any other time Templeton has gone solo the team has struggled so the gala management want to take a long hard look at themselves before giving their players ( who by the way actually won the game ) a public slating !

As for Radio Boredom, they need to take a hard look at how good and how professional sister station Forth is and how they do not only cater to a minority and have more professional and accurate match reports and reporters !

Davie Knox was at the Gala game right enough and Davie Watkins was at Home Park. Nothing has changed from previous seasons, a quick rundown on teams pre game, a quick HT report and a FT report with possibly one of the managers, its always been that for as far back as I can remember. Results are aired just before the end of the program at 6pm. Your comments on Davie Knox are unfair, yes he's a Selkirk man, but then wee Davie is a Gala man through in through.

Nowt wrong with being a 'selkirk man', unless your doing a report on a radio station where you should be unbiased, or at the least biased towards the borders side.

The comments on the asst. manager however are just weird. You been wronged by gala management in another life?

Nowt wrong with being a 'selkirk man', unless your doing a report on a radio station where you should be unbiased, or at the least biased towards the borders side.

The comments on the asst. manager however are just weird. You been wronged by gala management in another life?

I didn't hear the post match report or the management interview,I turned the radio off after wee Davie's Coldstream report, but I've heard dozens of Davie Knox's reports and I've never known him to be bias. His reports have always been spot on and it matters not a jot where he's at and who he's been watching

There must be a better education in Selkirk than in Gala- after all Souters man Keef Anderson ended up as chief scribe with the Evening News up here and never showed any bias toward his beloved Spartans.sorry, Selkirk.... :lol:

I didn't hear the post match report or the management interview,I turned the radio off after wee Davie's Coldstream report, but I've heard dozens of Davie Knox's reports and I've never known him to be bias. His reports have always been spot on and it matters not a jot where he's at and who he's been watching

You meant you have never known him to be biasED. Pet hate, sorry.

Archived