Queens Park v Arbroath

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing in the end. Thought we matched Arbroath well and had spells of nice passing and movement. A bit like the Clyde game though, a dreadful first goal conceded and we seemed to lose our way after that. Second goal was a classic end of game breakaway. Fair play to Arbroath, it was well executed but possession given away cheaply by us two-thirds of the way up the pitch.

Couldn't see where a goal was coming from for us, and it didn't. If the tactic is to have a point man with midfield support then we're going to have a few moe disappointing days. It felt like watching the team of two years ago, particularly at home, where we had lots of possession and good control but no punch up front.

My MOTM is Berry closely followed by Gibson. Muir also had a good game. Miller was doing well but went quiet after his self-imposed yellow card. Understood his frustration but challenging the ref to a square-go won't work. McPherson worked hard and holds the ball up well but he needs support to do his work in the penalty area, not thirty yards from goal. Defence is well set up now but the lack of tight marking in the six- yard box needs fixed quickly.

My hope (for QP)for the game was more than one goal and playing to win. Clearly didn't get my first wish and the jury's out on the second.

thought defence looked more balanced after the substitutions (late breakaway notwithstanding) and I'd be interested is seeing a back-four of Mitchell, Wharton, McGregor & Gibson for the Rangers game as nothing to lose (except several goals) by experimenting with that alternative option

For what it's worth lads the goal you had chopped off looked perfectly fine to me.

You, me, the ref and just about everyone except the linesman. We're a bit touchy as we had a perfectly good goal against Berwick not given too. I'll wait until the highlights are up before starting the Conspiracy Thread ;)

You, me, the ref and just about everyone except the linesman. We're a bit touchy as we had a perfectly good goal against Berwick not given too. I'll wait until the highlights are up before starting the Conspiracy Thread ;)

Yeah your goal looked perfectly fine to me, although the Lino made the decision fairly quickly so must've been sure.

Yeah your goal looked perfectly fine to me, although the Lino made the decision fairly quickly so must've been sure.

The goal that Simon Murray scored looked ok too, from where I was sitting, so I guess that balances out the bad breaks equation?

QPSA Falkirk Firm probably got the comments on our players pretty much right. Very pleased with Gibson and the keeper is improving every week.

We had plenty of possession, but we seemed to be lacking in confidence re taking a shot.

Just looking to get Tuesday over with without shipping a shitload of goals, to be honest,

Archived