Queens Park v Arbroath

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a free kick. Our player put both hands on the QP players chest and basically pushed him away.

But as for the offside, it did look like there was a flick on from one of the QP players and that put the goalscorer in an offside position. If they had left the ball i think he would have been onside.

It was a free kick. Our player put both hands on the QP players chest and basically pushed him away.

But as for the offside, it did look like there was a flick on from one of the QP players and that put the goalscorer in an offside position. If they had left the ball i think he would have been onside.

Can't disagree with any of this.

However, my remark at the time was that the decision was tight. I'll wait for the TV, but not convinced that the QP player wasn't level or better. Think we may have dodged a bullet, especially as it was just before HT

Can't disagree with any of this.

However, my remark at the time was that the decision was tight. I'll wait for the TV, but not convinced that the QP player wasn't level or better. Think we may have dodged a bullet, especially as it was just before HT

sometimes in life you need a bit of luck, games over result stands, 3 points

Re the offside goal. I was thinking that Fraser wasn’t offside but the player who flicked it on (or went to flick it on but missed - still offside either way) might have been. Impossible to tell from our angle and I doubt QPTV will also have the angle to prove anything

Arbroath looked pretty decent and Linn was the best player on the park but we should have done better in the second half. We had 2 free kicks on the edge of the box where DC was hardly worked at all. Disappointing when you see the great delivery that Miller put in for the offside goal and on the back of set pieces being used so well at Annan

Re the offside goal. I was thinking that Fraser wasn’t offside but the player who flicked it on (or went to flick it on but missed - still offside either way) might have been. Impossible to tell from our angle and I doubt QPTV will also have the angle to prove anything

Arbroath looked pretty decent and Linn was the best player on the park but we should have done better in the second half. We had 2 free kicks on the edge of the box where DC was hardly worked at all. Disappointing when you see the great delivery that Miller put in for the offside goal and on the back of set pieces being used so well at Annan

Couldn't believe how poor your free kicks were. I'm sure we actually scored on a breakaway after DC saved the central free kick. From where we were it looked to be 20 yards out at most. Such a tame effort

The free kick should have been taken from just outside the penalty area (about 1 metre outside) QP player took it from about 23m and I'm sure if they could have taken it a wee bit further away they would have. Really difficult to get the ball up and down from that distance. Keeper organised the wall then covered the other side. Text book stuff really!

Just seen the highlights and still can't tell if the Queens goal was offside or not. McBrides goal looks so clumsy :lol:

I'd take a clumsy sclaff every week if it won games. Some of the best strikers in football score most of their goals from 3-4 yards. 3 wins from 3 and 2 clean sheets. Super lichties. :thumsup2

Well the highlights clear up that it was the guy who tapped it in that was given as offside, whether he was offside or not is still unclear. Good positioning by Mcbride but the less said about his finish the better, I am impressed by him though. Good to see we've signed Smith and Lowdon, that should be us finished on the signings I'd imagine.

The highlights, as you would expect, show the QP highlights. (not a lot)

Was hoping to see a bit more of the chances we created.

Second goal was a treat to watch. We were seeing the game out, but still managed to break quickly. Showed the defence a clean pair of heels, two good passes and a clinical finish by smith. Job done!

Very poor defending for the first goal. Both centre backs go for the same ball and leave the scorer unmarked. I'd have to say it's McGregor at fault again as he was running back to head the ball whereas Quinn was coming onto it. The 'highlights' were a fair reflection of our number of goal-scoring chances :(

Minn's a great asset for Arbroath. Looked a stand-out all day. Surely greater things lie ahead for him.

Very poor defending for the first goal. Both centre backs go for the same ball and leave the scorer unmarked. I'd have to say it's McGregor at fault again as he was running back to head the ball whereas Quinn was coming onto it. The 'highlights' were a fair reflection of our number of goal-scoring chances :(

Minn's a great asset for Arbroath. Looked a stand-out all day. Surely greater things lie ahead for him.

Think we have Linn signed for next year too. Seems to be loving his football for us and is a local lad aswell, from Dundee.

Ran riot the last few games some of his runs on Saturday were unreal had your boys turning themselves inside out.

Archived