Queens V Livingston II: Leaders V Livi

I didn't have any complaints with Fowler's dismissal. The first was obviously for mouthing off and I thought the second was the easiest decision that ref will have all season. The only way it wasn't a booking was if the boy had dived and from where I was sitting I thought there was definite contact. Either way Fowler made it easy for the ref with a needless challenge and he let his team down today. Such a change in fortunes from last weekend!

QoS easily the better in the first and really should have had another goal or two. Livi dominated the second. So I suppose a draw was the fairest outcome. From our point of view it was frustrating to go from that much on top in the first to an absolute shambles in the second! I didn't really get a good look at the penalty from my view.

I must have been watching something different as I thought Dan was one of our better performers, couldn't believe he was taken off tbh.

Hopefully today's first half QoS turn up at Ibrox next week it could be a long afternoon.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a game off two halves. We should have been more than one clear at half time. Second half we were hardly at the races.

Once we went down to 10 men it was a case of hanging on for a point. Very disappointed in Baird when he came on as I would have expected him to work their back line for the last 15mins or so. he looked very lazy and heavy.

Although a second half that wasn't up to expectations at least we are still undefeated.

It was a game off two halves. We should have been more than one clear at half time. Second half we were hardly at the races.

Once we went down to 10 men it was a case of hanging on for a point. Very disappointed in Baird when he came on as I would have expected him to work their back line for the last 15mins or so. he looked very lazy and heavy.

Although a second half that wasn't up to expectations at least we are still undefeated.

Don't know that he is a worker (Baird) more a pen box goal scorer, plus heaybe not back to full fitness yet, gie the lad a chance.

Thought Fowler got his first yellow for a late challenge rather than for verbal's at the ref. Second one was another yellow as midfielder was getting away from him. He didn't need to put a foot in as gave forward an option

There were about 75 Livi fans , I count them as they are directly opposite from where I sit in the main stand.

Holt was woeful today, didn't seem to do anything right. For me Danny played really well first half but overall I would have had Iain Russell as best for us. Thought he also defended really well when we went down to 10 men.

Livi played very well, especially 2nd half but until the Ref was conned for the penalty I could not see them scoring. I thought when the forward dived and held his head the ref would book him and I was shocked to see him give a penalty. Fowler then got booked for dissent over the incident then later commited a soft foul for a 2nd yellow and off he went. A disappointment in losing our 100% record but at the end I was glad of a point.

Its a big challenge for us at Ibrox next week with an injury depleted squad. Is Fowler suspended for this or does he miss out at Livi on Tuesday ?

Mmm that was a poor second half. As I said earlier first Queens game in a few years, can see a big gulf in quality between the top league and what I witnessed today.

Just some observations maybe some Queens die hards can answer.

Is there a lack of full backs at the club ?. They both looked really poor especially Holt.

McIntyre substitutions were odd. Carmichael looks like the only player who was going to do anything and why Russell stayed on was baffling.

Maybe just an off day but not too impressed.

Didnt look like a Penalty or a yellow card offence for the sending off either.

9.50 for a scarf for my boy, seriously !!.

Will be back next time Im down, wee man enjoyed the day, hope for a lot more excitement next time.

Finally, that Livi "support". 20 or so fans, is shocking.

Holts one of the best left backs in the league. He didnt have the greatest game today. Carmichael was clearly tiring. Russell was probably MOM!

I didn't have any complaints with Fowler's dismissal. The first was obviously for mouthing off and I thought the second was the easiest decision that ref will have all season. The only way it wasn't a booking was if the boy had dived and from where I was sitting I thought there was definite contact. Either way Fowler made it easy for the ref with a needless challenge and he let his team down today. Such a change in fortunes from last weekend!

QoS easily the better in the first and really should have had another goal or two. Livi dominated the second. So I suppose a draw was the fairest outcome. From our point of view it was frustrating to go from that much on top in the first to an absolute shambles in the second! I didn't really get a good look at the penalty from my view.

I must have been watching something different as I thought Dan was one of our better performers, couldn't believe he was taken off tbh.

Hopefully today's first half QoS turn up at Ibrox next week it could be a long afternoon.

I dont think there was contact for Fowlers second yellow. As I said, it wasnt the only time the ref was conned by livy players going down very easily.

I dont think Fowlers first was for dissent. Seemed to be for something off the ball. Again, as I said, given some of the challenges livy players got away with it seems more than a little harsh

I didn't see anything from Holt that deserved singling him out for criticism. The whole team was poor second half, and the subs did heehaw when they came on.

What I have noticed about Holty is that he isn't as keen in getting forward this season, which is probably sensible as Russell won't offer much cover.

Fowler is far from finished, he's a top player. Even though the Livi player knew what he was doing it was still absolute stupidity to make that challenge when on a booking.

Hippolyte did absolutely f**k all despite the pre-match hype.

You should get a hobby. Try watching football or something.

....it should be easier to count your support when you come down to Palmerston. :lol: .

Crowd today was a poor 1805, there seemed to be plenty in the main stand though....Next home game is against Hibs, don't think I will be able to count all of them !

Spot on.

The second half made me angry today. We had been much the better side in the first half and were well worth the lead even though it arrived fortuitously.

In the second, we were hopeless. The touch, the passing, everything seemed much poorer. Livi were on top and a goal was definitely coming before the penalty was given. For me, it was a penalty. The guy nicked in and headed it, before being thumped by the 'keeper. Stupid, foolhardy goalkeeping in my view.

I was kind of hopeful that the equaliser might sting us awake, but the sending-off put paid to that. I thought that the first booking was for dissent, but it might have been for an offence pulled back. The second one concerned a needless, stupid trip on the half way line. It was the sort of offence that was always going to be a booking.

In the end, a draw was ok, but not good. We should have been heading to Ibrox atop the table, but we're not.

Didnt take our chances in a totally dominant first half .Sat back in the second half and pumped aimless balls in to the Livvy half to give them cheap posession, absolutely clueless .Definate penalty .

Livvy No 7 very impressive .Fowler is past it and we need our midfielders back quickly.

Agree, 7 Keaghan Jacobs just about ran the 2nd period. Not impressed at all with Fowler wonder goal or not last week, offered absolutely nothing today, and for a player with his experience, utter stupidity to get that 2nd yellow. No problems with penalty either, Zander slow off his line and clearly punched the player not the ball, poor error of judgement, although no need for the player, Glen I think , to fall all over the place. Average 1st half, woeful 2nd, a point in the circumstances was okay.

Well you don't win a game of football only playing 45 mins. Livi well worth a point and very nearly won it.

I think they will do well this season.

We could do without Tuesdays game as squad is down to bare bones.

Clark needs to sharpen up on through balls although couple of decent saves at the end.

I suppose it depends where you were sitting/standing but from my position Zander didn't punch the player, he was looking for a penalty, made the most of it and got one from a poor Referee.

Its difficult to understand what changed after half time, Livingston never looked like scoring until the penalty.

I suppose it depends where you were sitting/standing but from my position Zander didn't punch the player, he was looking for a penalty, made the most of it and got one from a poor Referee.

Its difficult to understand what changed after half time, Livingston never looked like scoring until the penalty.

Just about this.

I would say that's about the worst set of officials I've seen in a very long time, and I've watched football for a LOT of years.

Just about this.

I would say that's about the worst set of officials I've seen in a very long time, and I've watched football for a LOT of years.

Really? What exactly did the ref do wrong today? The two biggest decisions were the sending off and the penalty. For me the sending off was spot on. I can't recall Fowler making a big deal about it or any QoS players for that matter. The crowd didn't really disagree either. Normally when a player gets sent off for you the crowd go mental. It was very subdued from where I was sitting; a sign that the crowd didn't disagree.

The penalty was debatable of course, but some QoS fans are saying it was others say no. So it wasn't a clear black and white decision that the ref got wrong.

I've seen FAR worse officiating and barring a couple of times where he gave Livi soft freekicks and not booking their No. 20, I really didn't think they were too bad.

They certainly didn't cost us the game that's for sure. The players were entirely to blame, not the officials.

Just about this.

Can't really agree about the officials.

Livi had several chances before the goal came. In fact, I'd said shortly before the equaliser that one was coming.

I shouted plenty at the ref, but his mistakes damaged us no more than they benefited us.

I thought the sending-off and the penalty were probably both merited.

Livingston brought on better players, for one. For all the talk of Hippolyte before the game he was completely anonymous. He probably only touched the ball three times and while his runs looked promising there was no end product. Maybe if Livy had been able to feed him more he might have been more effective but it was no surprise to see him hooked. Dont remember Robertson contributing much either. Glen and Mullen, on the other hand looked dangerous, as they did in the cup game a few weeks ago.

First half Livy had plenty of possession but nothing in the final third. Second half they pressed harder and their possession was higher up the pitch too. Queens, on the other hand, struggled to get any kind of possession at all and resorted to long balls forward that were meat and drink to the livy centre halves.

On the penalty and second booking, if there was contact in either incident then, absolutely, both decisions were correct. However, Im not convinced there was much contact in either.

Despite not playing well second half, there are still positives to take from the game. We, effectively, kept a clean sheet again and against a team who put 4 past us a few weeks ago and when down to 10 men for 20 minutes.

Didnt see any of the first half so cant comment on it. Livi looked the better side second half and were worth their goal. Suspect the penalty decision was probably right enough. Definite contact from Fowler on the second yellow which he admits though says he was trying to get out of the way. Didnt think the ref got much of any note wrong to be honest.

Wonderful save by Jamieson from Kidd's shot which might just have nicked us a result

In the end not a bad point though granted I would probably be more disappointed if I had seen the first half.

Thought baird would do more, he has a nice touch but seemed slightly off the boil. Reminded slightly of an ex player when he started with us.

He was pretty anonymous. It was my first viewing of him in a QoS jersey, so I haven't formed an opinion yet. It would be harsh to have a pop at him today though, he wasn't on for long before Reilly had to be sacrificed and he received very little service as the lone striker. When he did get it, more often that not his only outlet was Russell as Kidd was getting up quick enough.

I imagine it'll be Lyle and Reilly up top again in the next game but I imagine Baird will come good with more game time.

Archived