Queens V Livingston II: Leaders V Livi

Have Livi any injury doubts after Wednesday evenings events?

Gary Glen is 50/50 to make this and Danny Mullen picked up a knock but should be ok, maybe a good thing as although Glen has looked good it'll give an opportunity for Hippolyte to start.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gary Glen is 50/50 to make this and Danny Mullen picked up a knock but should be ok, maybe a good thing as although Glen has looked good it'll give an opportunity for Hippolyte to start.

I've never rated Glen, thought he was nothing short of a donkey in the games I've seen him. Although that was SPL so he's maybe found his level. Would be far more concerned with Hippolyte lining up against us in all honesty.

I'm pretty sure if you said QoS will split Alloa and Cowden EdinburghLivi would have something negative to say about us. He really comes across as having a real dislike for QoS. Maybe Alex Nesovic did the dirty with a family member of his and never called her :-P

No idea who that is.

As I said in the same post, you'll do well as the side is solid. Hearts and Hibs have more in their locker though, undoubtedly.

I've never rated Glen, thought he was nothing short of a donkey in the games I've seen him. Although that was SPL so he's maybe found his level. Would be far more concerned with Hippolyte lining up against us in all honesty.

He's never going to score many goals, mullen, White and Hippolyte will definetly score more than him but his link up play has been excellent, and he's bringing the midfield in, he's linking up nicely with white and Mullen but obviously Hippolyte is exciting has pace and will score goals but will maybe leave us a little more open maybe the reason why McGlynn is preferring the other 3 to Hippolyte just now.

He's never going to score many goals, mullen, White and Hippolyte will definetly score more than him but his link up play has been excellent, and he's bringing the midfield in, he's linking up nicely with white and Mullen but obviously Hippolyte is exciting has pace and will score goals but will maybe leave us a little more open maybe the reason why McGlynn is preferring the other 3 to Hippolyte just now.

Agree with that, Glen has filled the hole between midfield and attack really well. Gives us a threat through the centre with his link up play while McKenna, Talbot, and Kyle get down the wings for crosses into the box. A lot more balance to our team this season.

This is an interesting weekend of fixtures and will start to give everyone a feel for how the season may pan out.

If we play to our strengths we will take all three points which will set us up nicely for next weekend.

I'll go 2-nil to Queens. :)

Down seeing my folks for the weekend. Taking my boy to his first ever game, hope its a good one, lots of goals and the start of the wee mans love for the game.

More importantly with living in Glasgow he can choose Queens (or the Dons) instead of one of the gruesome twosome.

First time for a couple of years for myself too, so interested to see the standard in the League these days.

When does fowler's suspension kick in? Dissapointing only to get 1point from a game we were in so command of in the first half.

Never mind 3 games in 2wins and a draw, Livi AGAIN midweek in the cup then Ibrox on sat exciting times following QoS.

Livingston absolutely dominated possession right through the match but it was Queens who looked the more like scoring, up until the sending off. Im not sure Livy registered a shot on goal in the first half.

Poor penalty decision, in my opinion. Didnt look to be any contact but the ref was conned by the livy player going down, much as he was for Fowlers second yellow. Quite what he got his first for is anyones guess. Thought he was poor throughout, to be honest. White backed in and went for the player almost every time the ball was in the air yet nothing was done. At one point Carmichael was pushed over with two hands right in front of the linesman but got nothing. How Mullen escaped a yellow after taking Russell out three times is also a mystery.

After the sending off, Livy created more chances and were the ones who looked most likely to grab a winner. Queens defended well, though, and deserved the point

Mmm that was a poor second half. As I said earlier first Queens game in a few years, can see a big gulf in quality between the top league and what I witnessed today.

Just some observations maybe some Queens die hards can answer.

Is there a lack of full backs at the club ?. They both looked really poor especially Holt.

McIntyre substitutions were odd. Carmichael looks like the only player who was going to do anything and why Russell stayed on was baffling.

Maybe just an off day but not too impressed.

Didnt look like a Penalty or a yellow card offence for the sending off either.

9.50 for a scarf for my boy, seriously !!.

Will be back next time Im down, wee man enjoyed the day, hope for a lot more excitement next time.

Finally, that Livi "support". 20 or so fans, is shocking.

Mmm that was a poor second half. As I said earlier first Queens game in a few years, can see a big gulf in quality between the top league and what I witnessed today.

Just some observations maybe some Queens die hards can answer.

Is there a lack of full backs at the club ?. They both looked really poor especially Holt.

McIntyre substitutions were odd. Carmichael looks like the only player who was going to do anything and why Russell stayed on was baffling.

Maybe just an off day but not too impressed.

Didnt look like a Penalty or a yellow card offence for the sending off either.

9.50 for a scarf for my boy, seriously !!.

Will be back next time Im down, wee man enjoyed the day, hope for a lot more excitement next time.

Finally, that Livi "support". 20 or so fans, is shocking.

Dowie is a centre back playing full back on the right and holt is our only left back although I think it will an off day rather than holt being really poor.

Didnt take our chances in a totally dominant first half .Sat back in the second half and pumped aimless balls in to the Livvy half to give them cheap posession, absolutely clueless .Definate penalty .

Livvy No 7 very impressive .Fowler is past it and we need our midfielders back quickly.

Archived