Dundee United vs Ross County - 24/08/14

Ciftci is the number one striker just now, and that ain't liable to change until Bilate is fully fit and performing, so I doubt we'll see any change in the front four.

Probably not elsewhere either tbh, though you would expect it after a 6-1 spanking.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ciftci is the number one striker just now, and that ain't liable to change until Bilate is fully fit and performing, so I doubt we'll see any change in the front four.

Probably not elsewhere either tbh, though you would expect it after a 6-1 spanking.

SUBSTRING <Replace Paton> END

I imagine that any change will be depend on whether Armstrong has recovered from whatever forced him off at Parkhead. If he isn't fully fit then I'd like to see either Erskine or Telfer come in in order to keep Ciftci up front as I thought he at least looked threatening at times on saturday despite the rest of the team being a shambles.

Can't see Mario getting a start until Jackie thinks he can get at least 60 minutes from him, and I don't think he's there yet. When it happensidlike to see a straight swap for Ciftci, unless we are going more 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1 for the pedants).

I don't think we can judge any individual based on their performance against Celtic, the whole team was lacking. However based on the first two games I thought of all the attacking players Armstrong offered least. Erskine or Telfer getting a chance against Ross County would be a decent shout.

Who would you want dropped if Mario starts?

Haven't seen us play yet so no idea, more out of curiosity than anything. Still sceptical about Ciftci as a conventional striker and would prefer him playing behind the man up front (though I know you disagree, and I do prefer Armstrong in there rather than pushed out wide), but again I've no idea how Ciftci has been playing so far.

Haven't seen us play yet so no idea, more out of curiosity than anything. Still sceptical about Ciftci as a conventional striker and would prefer him playing behind the man up front (though I know you disagree, and I do prefer Armstrong in there rather than pushed out wide), but again I've no idea how Ciftci has been playing so far.

Ciftci has been like last season. Often selfish and frustrating but then can pick out a great pass and open up a defence.

Just been offered an ST for this, but already made plans, in fact I won`t be at a game until St Johnstone at home in late September. A defensive performance more akin to Aberdeen and Well would be great, something like 2-0 would do just fine.

Armstrong out due to an ankle injury.

Ciftci to drop back & a start for Bilate? Erskine or Telfer to come in? Plenty options.

The Tele was saying Dow was a doubt for saturday too, although he wasn't struggling quite as badly as Armstrong. If Stretch is the only absentee then I'd prefer Erskine to get the starting place. If Dow can't make it either then I'd push Ciftci back and start with Bilate up front.

The Tele was saying Dow was a doubt for saturday too, although he wasn't struggling quite as badly as Armstrong. If Stretch is the only absentee then I'd prefer Erskine to get the starting place. If Dow can't make it either then I'd push Ciftci back and start with Bilate up front.

Good shout. Even if Super Mario is not totally up to speed we could do that for 60 minutes then put Ciftci back up front and bring on one of our many other attacking options.

With Armstrong missing it would make sense to give Erskine a chance to stake a claim. I must admit that Charlie Telfer was excellent for the 'Development Squad' the other night against Celtic so he might be in with a shout but Erskine probably deserves a chance to show what he can do. The other option would be to drop Ciftci back and start with Bilate upfront but I am not sure just how fit Bilate is yet.

With no offence to County this is basically a must win for us. Given our start and our defeat to Celtic it is vital we pick up three points at home against this County side.

Archived