Dundee United vs Ross County - 24/08/14

He's a shitebag of the highest order Biggie. When we beat them, he claimed they were " the better team" The fact is that seems to be his stock answer when they lose.. The good news he will take them down long before uncle Roy even thinks about pulling the trigger..

Some other fucker needs to flatten him, like what the Hearts boy did.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disagree with you about Townsend. Thought he was fantastic today, he had just burst himself with 2 brilliant runs forward so was a it slower getting back.

I think Ross County are really going to struggle, really look a team short on quality and a first XI.

You didn't really read what I said did you?

I said he was good going forward but not so good getting back into position. So you actualy.. uhm.. stated exactly what I said but saying you disagreed with me.

Ross County got most of their runs down his side in the second half because he was lax getting back, its all good being a rampaging full back IF you track back but he wasn't. Over all I thought he had a good game so this is just a slight negative. I'd still rather he was the one doing the defending not GMS lol.

Utd made real heavy weather of that but got there in the end. County created three golden chances so might feel a bit aggrieved, but united managed to find the winner through force of will as much as anything. A bit similar to the Motherwell game in that respect. Finishing and final ball generally way below par.

For the county goal, which was a well worked break, Townsend had just crossed from their byline so it's a bit harsh to expect him to be in his own six-yard box a clearance and two passes later. I would point the finger at Paton and Rankin. They were both in and around the county box - one of them has to "stay at home" and shield the defence, IMHO.

But nine out of twelve points is an excellent start, of course.

Btw, when the female assistant referee gave a decision to United, I heard someone shout: "Well done, hen!" At least our sexism is sort of friendly!

Bilate is best described as languid atm, good touch but needs match sharpness.

Poor defending for the County goal letting their number 9 in at the back post, Townsend was at fault for that. Townsend also appear pretty shite at tracking back for a full back, he's decent going forward and can actually defend he just never seemed to run back quick enough, second half GMS was getting back quicker than him.

Disagree with you about Townsend. Thought he was fantastic today, he had just burst himself with 2 brilliant runs forward so was a it slower getting back.

I think Ross County are really going to struggle, really look a team short on quality and a first XI.

You didn't really read what I said did you?

I said he was good going forward but not so good getting back into position. So you actualy.. uhm.. stated exactly what I said but saying you disagreed with me.

Ross County got most of their runs down his side in the second half because he was lax getting back, its all good being a rampaging full back IF you track back but he wasn't. Over all I thought he had a good game so this is just a slight negative. I'd still rather he was the one doing the defending not GMS lol.

Townsend was on the County byline laying off a lovely ball for Ciftci twenty seconds before County scored. Absolutely not his fault that nobody covered back for him. If anyone was at fault for the goal it certainly wasn't Townsend.

Reguero made an excellent save in the first half at 0-0 but he's effectively teed up Erskine for the second. To've given Ciftci a free header from a set piece for the first was horrible as well.

We look so vulnerable at the back. I hope it was just an off day, but Fenlon really struggled and Celcer only slightly less so. But to be positive, Cardle and Carey linked well and the counter attack for our equaliser was excellent. Jervis looks awkward but it's a forward with another goal, so that'll do nicely. Arquin's header or Jervis's volley really should have had us in front, though.

Hopefully we can improve again for next week. Hamilton have started strongly, but someone has to bloody their nose at some point - it might as well be us.

Townsend was on the County byline laying off a lovely ball for Ciftci twenty seconds before County scored. Absolutely not his fault that nobody covered back for him. If anyone was at fault for the goal it certainly wasn't Townsend.

He was lax defensively. I'll reiterate "he was good going forward but not so good defensively".

For County's goal it was probably the fault of GMS. He was the man who should have been covering the run of Jervis with Townsend so far up the park (he started to but then stopped). You can see both Fojut and Morris look at GMS and point to where he should have been. The two United goals were horrible mistakes from a Ross County point of view. The marking at the free kick was poor, and the decision making was awful from the keeper for the second.

The comments from Adams smack of someone who knows he is in trouble but is trying to convince himself and others that things aren't that bad. I would be raging if I was a County supporter, he is basically lying to cover his own frailties as a manager.

The comments from Adams smack of someone who knows he is in trouble but is trying to convince himself and others that things aren't that bad. I would be raging if I was a County supporter, he is basically lying to cover his own frailties as a manager.

When we lose next weekend it'll be the "wee village from the Highlands punching above our weight" interview. After that he'll have to make a new one up.

I thought Cardle did well and deserves another start v Stranraer on Tuesday.

It wouldn't have been deserved but we could have sneaked a point, Arquin and Jervis had excellent chances. We were under heavy pressure for spells though and it was no surprise when Erskine scored.

The defensive frailties continue and it's hard to see where a win will come from if we keep giving away soft goals like this.

Reguero is decent but seems obsessed with trying to punch the ball instead of catch it!

De Leeuw simply has to start, I have no idea what Adams is thinking.

1/10 for the Macaroni Pie.

Well at some point McGregor will have to come to a conclusion as to why Ross county are so bad. Is it Derek's fault that he can't put together a team that is capable of playing at premiership level? Or is it the signing policy which has hampered and hindered us?

I believe it is the second option. Poor mismanagement of past players has seen the opportunities for other Scottish players staying or signing has diminished. We are looking further afield but what we are scouting just hasn't the necessary experience to play top league football. Our youth system is not producing any players of note. A once thriving youth setup with hard working coaches who knew everyone locally has now gone. What does Adams snr add to Ross county? In his role of director of football he seems to be failing in first finding the required talent needed, failing in producing and educating the talent we do have. If an Adams is to go I hope it's George before Derek. But I do think we are seeing the beginning of one or both of their demise.

Well at some point McGregor will have to come to a conclusion as to why Ross county are so bad. Is it Derek's fault that he can't put together a team that is capable of playing at premiership level? Or is it the signing policy which has hampered and hindered us?

I believe it is the second option. Poor mismanagement of past players has seen the opportunities for other Scottish players staying or signing has diminished. We are looking further afield but what we are scouting just hasn't the necessary experience to play top league football. Our youth system is not producing any players of note. A once thriving youth setup with hard working coaches who knew everyone locally has now gone. What does Adams snr add to Ross county? In his role of director of football he seems to be failing in first finding the required talent needed, failing in producing and educating the talent we do have. If an Adams is to go I hope it's George before Derek. But I do think we are seeing the beginning of one or both of their demise.

George will be gone by the start of 16/17. That's when his contracts up. If he stays until then I'd be surprised. And in that case, I think both would go together.

I don't know much about the youth set up past or present, what I've never seen, past or present is much output from it in the first team. That isn't particularly surprising given the small catchment area (population wise) that we share with Caley.

Archived