Sammy Conn

airdrieman

Not sure if any of you have heard but sadly Sammy Conn passed away this morning. Taken far too young by an absolutely awful disease. Was too young to see him play but have heard stories about him and what a fine player he was.

RIP Sammy.

Having played under Sammy for years he was a great coach (most would agree not any better) and most importantly a genuine great guy. Sad loss today and taken too early. Great guy.... great mate.... great loss. RIP Sammy. Thoughts with Margo and his family.

So sad to hear of the passing of Sammy Conn at such a relatively young age.

I know big John Garroch organised a charity match at Kilwinning a couple of years ago

to raise awareness and funds for the charity.

Darren Henderson was also there as big John and him were at Glenafton at the time.

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of both Hurlford and Glenafton in passing all our condolences to Sammy's family at this tough time.

Devastated when I heard the news yesterday morning. Sammy was my youth coach from the age of 13 to 18 and he is the man who developed me into the player I am now!. I've played under a few managers/coaches in my time, but he was up there with the best I've worked with! Fantastic coach and great guy... Taken far too soon! You will be sadly missed Sammy!

Played under Sammy for years, and can only echo what anyone who ever encountered him would say, it was an absolute honour to be coached by him, and an even bigger one to know him as a man. Was always struck by how modest and humble he was, showed the same passion and commitment coaching at amateur and junior level that he displayed as a player at the very highest level. An absolute one off who will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace Sammy.

So sorry to hear of the passing of Sammy. I remember how much he enjoyed his return to Airdrie as Glenafton assistant manager when we played the Diamonds in a pre-season friendly a few years ago. The thoughts of all at the Glens are with his family and friends at this very sad time.

Archived