Partick Thistle vs Hamilton Accies - 23/08/14

I recall Archie saying that when Celtic postponed the opening game of the season that it gave him and Shaggy to watch Cunty and Dundee. In the lead up to the Accies game Higgy is quoted as saying he didn't know much about Hamilton. Do we send anyone to scout the opposition or do we just rely on reports from some unamed party or not even bother?

Not the main reason for a poor performance but it can't help the game plan?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall Archie saying that when Celtic postponed the opening game of the season that it gave him and Shaggy to watch Cunty and Dundee. In the lead up to the Accies game Higgy is quoted as saying he didn't know much about Hamilton. Do we send anyone to scout the opposition or do we just rely on reports from some unamed party or not even bother? Not the main reason for a poor performance but it can't help the game plan?

Martin Hardie was on Off The Ball and said he's been going to games to watch the opposition for Thistle.

I think if it wasn't Doolan and it was say, Elliot, people would be raging at him, Doolan has been suspect for missing a lot of chances a premiership striker should be scoring and making mistakes, and he seems to get away from his fair share of criticism

Perhaps it's down to the fact he's been one of our most consistent performers over the past few seasons and made a decent impact on the premiership in his first season as a top-flight player.

In any case, he's been roundly criticised for his failure to commit a foul yesterday and on other memorable occasions including last year's one-on-one miss against Hibs at Firhill.

Holy f**k that defending is minging. Was Muirhead not tipped for good things at one point, what happened?

Yep. Fairly sure I said on here that it wouldn't surprise me if he went on to play for Scotland. He struggled last season but was suffering from an injury. Yesterday's performance really questioned his ability at this level.

Holy f**k that defending is minging. Was Muirhead not tipped for good things at one point, what happened?

To be fair I think Balatoni was probably more at fault, but to answer your question Muirhead's awareness isn't good enough to deal with top level strikers, and he has a severe lack of pace which is exposed by his lack of awareness. Difficult to see him making it as an SPL regular but he is young enough that he could still do it, certainly won't be playing for Scotland though.

Hamilton were good and deserve some of the credit for us being poor, really hassled us in the midfield and exposed our frailties at the back. Doolan should have taken the guy out but ultimately he should be entitled to expect the midfield and defence to be able to deal with it. The second goal was even more comical, nobody anywhere near the ball when it bounced in the centre circle, then f**k knows what Balatoni was doing when the ball was rolled through to Scotland. Nice finish though. For all the criticisms of Accies are basically true (shit ground, no fans, crap pitch etc) they played some really decent stuff on Saturday, hope they stay up (although not at our expense).

Martin Hardie was on Off The Ball and said he's been going to games to watch the opposition for Thistle.

Yes, and he predicted a 3-0 PT victory.

Fortunately I don't take Scottish football punditry seriously and kept the Daimler pointed towards Maryhill.

Yes, well, shit ground, no fans and crap pitch or not the Accies have more than double Thistle's points tally. I had hoped we'd seen the lads get beyond daft defending and sloppy concentration. Maybe that loss will do it.

Yes, well, shit ground, no fans and crap pitch or not the Accies have more than double Thistle's points tally. I had hoped we'd seen the lads get beyond daft defending and sloppy concentration. Maybe that loss will do it.

I accept we have few fans, only two stands and a plastic pitch but, all things considered, our ground's okay - you get a clear view from all seats and the sun's not in your eyes (we had pillars blocking our view on Saturday) - and the pitch plays very well (having gone from grass to plastic to grass and back to plastic again I reckon 3g comes into its own once the weather deteriorates) - just looks very plasticky on the telly.

I accept we have few fans, only two stands and a plastic pitch but, all things considered, our ground's okay - you get a clear view from all seats and the sun's not in your eyes (we had pillars blocking our view on Saturday) - and the pitch plays very well (having gone from grass to plastic to grass and back to plastic again I reckon 3g comes into its own once the weather deteriorates) - just looks very plasticky on the telly.

You appreciate I was paraphrasing someone else? Just to be clear. :)

Quite, no doubt where I'd rather be right now. A welcome addition to the league on Saturday's showing, although they'd be more welcome if their team was rotten.

Quite, no doubt where I'd rather be right now. A welcome addition to the league on Saturday's showing, although they'd be more welcome if their team was rotten.

:lol:

Nobody mentioning the double Decker bus or the Belfast style murals next to our Home base Gazebo?

Let's not forget the sandpit.

Who can forget the gazebo?

Scum, so we are.

Those are all great features in our unique stylish wee stadium but it's most valued asset has to be the shed. Nobody fucks with the shed Ok!?!

Archived