Partick Thistle vs Hamilton Accies - 23/08/14

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting one this. Hamilton didn't look great v Inverness going by the highlights but have since picked up 2 good results, whereas we smashed county and were on top for a half yesterday before hanging on to a point in the end.

Obviously gallacher will start in goals unless we appeal fox's red. If McMillan is ok for it then he'll start left back, if not we'll go Keenan assuming we haven't got a new signing in. I thought Keenan looked not too bad yesterday although he was clearly nervous (which is understandable) and it showed in some of his passing and decision making at times. Elliott's cameo yesterday could earn him a starting place although I wouldn't be surprised if we continued with lawless. We also look a lot more solid defensively now, balatoni and seaborne have the makings of a very decent partnership. And Gary Fraser will almost definetely score at least one of his 25-30 yard shots. 2-0 thistle.

Won't be able to make this one due to work. It's quite a hard one to predict really, after the county game I thought thistle would easily demolish Dundee, obvisiouly them going down to ten men played a part I'm sure.

Go for the same team as yesterday, however I'd put in Neil if he's fit, hard to say who would drop out though Gillespie and Crawford have been terrific so far and even Hendrie played really well yesterday.

We've had two great results but I think this may be a really tough challenge, thistle is a hard place to go so I think it'll be 1-1, MAC to get his first of the season and no doubt Fraser will score against his old team.

If I'm not mistaken, It's been a while since Hamilton beat us at firhill, I even remember during their promotion season, we won 3-0 in our sexy light blue away kit, although we were probably beaten at home earlier that season.

I'm looking forward to this, Super Gary Fraser sure to score from at least 35 yards, will be hoping to have a left-back in for this one, the tremendous 3 in midfield will boss that area of the park I imagine. Not taking anything away from Accies, obviously a real threat after beating Saints, and the lad Crawford seems a player at this level. An early optimistic prediction of 2-0 Thistle, Fraser and Stevo/Doolan scoring. Will get less optimistic and more nervous as the week comes in.

Going to be my first visit to Firhill. Last time me and my dad got to just outside Maryhill before I actually made sure the game was actually going ahead... It wasn't.

This is going to be a tough game and I think we need to be a bit more composed at the back than yesterday as we began to get a bit panicky as time went on. I think Partick will be top 6 this season and I'd definitely take a draw at the moment but if we play like we did in the first half vs St Johnstone then we can win. With 22 coming back into the starting line - up I'm not sure who I'd drop because if we drop Imrie (who I think has been poor in the 3 games I've seen him in) then we'll revert back to having a lack of width which was an issue midway through last season.

I'm looking forward to this, Super Gary Fraser sure to score from at least 35 yards, will be hoping to have a left-back in for this one, the tremendous 3 in midfield will boss that area of the park I imagine. Not taking anything away from Accies, obviously a real threat after beating Saints, and the lad Crawford seems a player at this level. An early optimistic prediction of 2-0 Thistle, Fraser and Stevo/Doolan scoring. Will get less optimistic and more nervous as the week comes in.

The midfield is going to be a great battle, I reckon. Andreu, MacKinnon, Redmond, Gillespie and Crawford (the last two have been excellent recently) will no doubt give you problems with the determination, skill and bite we have.

Really looking forward to this one and I hope we can carry on our good form!

I seem to remember we were put in the corner of the main stand the last time we were at Firhill. Is that still the case when smaller supports visit? I like the stand behind the goals so hopefully not..

You'll be in the main (old) stand. Last time you guys were here you'd have been in the corner of the Jackie Husband Stand

Archived