Hibs v Falkirk

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was bitter disappointment for Hibs on Sunday at Tynecastle after enduring a 2-1 Edinburgh Derby defeat at the hands of Hearts.

Watch Hibs bounce back immediately with next Saturday’s must-win match against Falkirk at Easter Road (23 August, kick off 3pm).

CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS NOW

Hibernian suffered a disappointing defeat at the hands of Falkirk at Easter Road on Saturday after conceding an early Rory Loy goal – even though the team dominated for large periods of the game.

Watch Hibs give everything in an attempt to bounce back to winning ways against Ian Murray’s Dumbarton at Easter Road in the Scottish League Cup on Tuesday night (26 August, kick off 7.45pm)?

:lol:

There was bitter disappointment for Hibs on Sunday at Tynecastle after enduring a 2-1 Edinburgh Derby defeat at the hands of Hearts.

Watch Hibs bounce back immediately with next Saturday’s must-win match against Falkirk at Easter Road (23 August, kick off 3pm).

Hibernian suffered a disappointing defeat at the hands of Falkirk at Easter Road on Saturday after conceding an early Rory Loy goal – even though the team dominated for large periods of the game.

Watch Hibs give everything in an attempt to bounce back to winning ways against Ian Murray’s Dumbarton at Easter Road in the Scottish League Cup on Tuesday night (26 August, kick off 7.45pm)?

:lol:

that question mark, look at it.

(...in an attempt to bounce BACK to winning ways)

734 away fans yesterday according to FFC twitter. Seen more for an Edinburgh game but not the worst at all considering the amount of away games recently plus it Hearts away next week too.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

734 is a pretty good turnout from us considering we'd only taken 1 point from our opening two matches. Pretty concerning for Hibs that the crowd didn't even break the 10k mark.

On to the game, first and foremost I thought McCracken and Vaulks were excellent, McCracken in particular heading absolutely everything away, no mean feat when you're up against Farid. MacDonald didn't have a lot to do, made a couple of decent saves and caught every high ball under pressure. He seemed to revel in the Hearts abuse, particularly taking his time over every goal kick.

Alston and Sibbald worked like absolute demons helping Dick and Maybury. They were excellent in the tackle and showed some great bits of skill when getting forward. Hibs seemed to work out that Maybury was the weak link in our team, and were getting some joy down the right. After the first half hour of getting a bit of a roasting, he had a pretty comfortable game IMO.

I thought Taiwo was absolutely excellent, and although again I wasn't convinced by Ollie, he showed great energy levels as the game went on and was giving no time on the ball to the Hibs players.

Loy again impressive, lovely back heel (I think) for the goal, and had another two very good efforts beaten away by Oxley (one of which Alston missed an empty net from the rebound). Full of running and good hold up play up against two big Hibs centre-backs.

The team overall were very well organised by Houston. Tbh I thought it was a risky strategy to just shut up shop like that, but Hibs lacked creativity and it was pretty comfortable in the end.

Bring on the Hearts next week.

Big thank you to Farid for not celebrating yesterday - respect. Games like yesterday really are banana skins and I'm just glad we pulled through it with the 3 points. We've seen through previous seasons in the Championship that you have to pick up points away to your Cowdenbeaths, Hibernians and Dumbartons to win the league. Massive game next weekend now.

McCracken and Vaulks were brilliant again yesterday, almost every cross that came into the box they dealt with easily. Farid must be a nightmare to defend against given how strong he is but they worked and largely restricted him between the two of them. MacDonald dominated his area when he needed to and made a couple of quality saves. I'm still not convinced by Olu, I think the game passes him by a lot of the time, but he improved as the game went on yesterday. Having someone as good as Taiwo next to him will hopefully help him develop over the course of the season. Star man for me though was Rory Loy. He's a complete striker for this level if that makes sense, he's good at everything with no obvious faults. We will have to enjoy him for the next few months because he'll get a good move when his contract expires. Yesterday he put in another phenomenal shift, he works so hard but is a quality player into the bargain.

It was a siege for about 25 minutes in the first half but in the second we easily gave as good as we got and I thought we were slightly the better team in the second 45. Nelson is some boy, he's almost like an early prototype of a football playing robot that just kicks the ball as hard as it can in the direction its facing every time the ball is near him. Stubbs strikes me as a total moron standing in a suit spouting clichés and buzzwords. There was little sign of tactics yesterday. I still think Hibs will finish third due to the few quality individuals they have in certain positions, and Farid will score goals. I think they'll be much closer to ourselves in third than getting near the top two.

Do either of those Hibs fans who were walking to the ground in front of me yesterday post on here? Hopefully you will now remember which of Raith Rovers or Falkirk you were playing :)

18 chances? Lolzing heavily at that.

18 chances that's all I'm hearing from hibs fans ....how many did we have then? Eight? I can think of 5 strikes on target but guess what it means absolutely f**k all how much possession & chances you have if you can't finish. We pished all over rangers for 70 minutes then got ropeadoped ....can't remember us coming out with shite like that

Archived