Rangers v Scotlands Original Champions

That was me being undicklike like.

If ever there was a post from Bennett asking to have the piss ripped right out of it ?, then there it is

Shame the mock offended would not see it as humorous banter.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If ever there was a post from Bennett asking to have the piss ripped right out of it ?, then there it is

Shame the mock offended would not see it as humorous banter.

Man up and give it a go....

I would line up:

----------- Rogers

Taggart Graham Mair Linton

------------ Murray

Gils ---- Kirkpatrick -- Meg

----- Fleming Campbell

Vanzy - has, by all accounts, been pish. Taggart will want to prove himself

Turner - Really wants to play against Rangers, dropping him will give him a boot up the arse and hopefully kick start his season.

Nish - Is Colin Nish, no fight. We need fight for this sort of game.

We all know Gaz will give his all

I would line up:

----------- Rogers

------------ Murray

----- Fleming Campbell

Turner - Really wants to play against Rangers, dropping him will give him a boot up the arse and hopefully kick start his season.

Would agree with most of that. The only one I'd not be too sure about was Hugh Murray. He certainly has experience, but looked very unconvincing towards the end of last season. I agree that Turner has been out of sorts (personally, I don't think he's ever looked the same since his injury last season) but I just don't think you can leave him out for a game of this magnitude. I like Nish a lot, despite his woeful showing on Saturday, but in this game pressing their defence will be vitally important, and Fleming would certainly do an awful lot more of that than Nish. By all means Taggart should get the nod ahead of DvZ, but I'd imagine Murray may opt for experience.

I would line up:

----------- Rogers

------------ Murray

----- Fleming Campbell

Murray out and Turner in for me. Along with Prunty over Megginson with Campbell on the wing and Nish in for Fleming.

I fully understand why people want Fleming to start but he just isn't a target man. If he's to play it should be alongside Nish, not instead of him.

Nish isn't a target man either, Garry is far more effective at holding the ball up and then bringing others into the game.

Rogers

Van Zanten graham Mair Linton

Murray turner

Agnew

Gils. Mitch

Campbell

The Murray/CT combo idea could be a good one as it gives us a bit of steel and protection for the back 4. We look a bit lightweight up top though. If it's to be one forward only I would suggest Fleming.

The Murray/CT combo idea could be a good one as it gives us a bit of steel and protection for the back 4. We look a bit lightweight up top though. If it's to be one forward only I would suggest Fleming.

when Murray brought shug to the club he played that trio, and we were probably at our best, hard to beat and good to watch, yes shug was poor after his injury, as was aggie, but both have had a full preseason under their belts, and with Campbell pace I think it could work.

As for nish,yeah he was poor on Saturday, but so was everyone else apart from Campbell, who in my opinion has to stay up front and not coming in from the wing

Hugh Murray as in Ex St Mirren man Hugh Murray? Thank God Craig Thompson is not the referee for this one. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry, he's unlikely to play for us. Seems to have disappeared off the radar a bit since he joined permanently last season.

I'd still like Taggart to get a shout at RB. Mainly because Wallace will tear DVZ a new one down that side. Wouldn't be against the one up front to be honest. We saw what happened to Clyde when they went for it last night! I think Garry would get fired up for it but it could go either way as I think he would give the Rangers defenders the toughest time which we need to do.

I wouldn't fancy walking through Govan having Sons colours showing, regardless of the result.

Don't be daft. I'll be meeting a few Rangers pals in Patrick pre-match and have no concerns at all about wearing the club colours there and on route to Ibrox. I don't expect any problems.

On a similar note, can any Rangers fans recommend a nice wine bar that will welcome posh away fans from the leafy suburbs? There's bound to be loads of swanky bars round Govan way.

As for the game; I'd start Fleming and Gils, replacing Nish and Agnew. We need fighters on Saturday. Fleming will harass Moshni and Gils has the work rate to support the full-back and offer an attacking threat, the former being the more critical role.

I expect Turner to step up and show what he's made of on Saturday but we'll need a strong performance from everyone if we're to take anything.

I'm expecting a full house, what with Rangers fans not walking away and all that.

Will Ian Murray be playing for Dumbarton?

Legend. That own goal he scored for Hibs won Rangers the championship in 2005. Oh, and he did alright whilst he was at Rangers as well. :)

Seriously though, pity he never played more for Rangers. It was through no fault of his own and its a shame how his career dwindled due to ill health.

Should be a good game. Got a lot of respect for Dumbarton and hopefully they do well in this league campaign. (And if you's can take points off Hibs and Hearts it would be much appreciated!)

Archived