Rangers v Scotlands Original Champions

Aye right. Are you claiming they didn't know what reaction they would get? If you go out of your way to antagonise people then you only have yourself to blame if you get a slap. Absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever

No 8, having read your posts I think you're a reasonably well balanced guy in most respects. Here's a serious point. I can understand to a degree that the Irish tricolour might cause offence amongst the Rangers support and unfurling one would maybe antagonise the supporters. However, why on earth would the Palestinian flag cause any offence? Are Rangers a Jewish club?

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish these teams would learn to accept their scuddings with some good grace and humility, rather than making the trip to Ibrox sound like they've stepped on to the set of mad max...

The scudding is accepted. One of your players earns considerably more than our entire first team squad so the scudding is likely if not inevitable. The scudding has nothing to do with it. We have just been scudded in far, far better environments than yesterday.

Rangers fans in the Govan had Israel flags, are they not doing that to antagonise people? And bennett we've all conceded we were shite and you were well worth the win. We were treated like nowhere else we go in Scotland we are completely valid to mention it on here but you keep sweeping.

No 8, having read your posts I think you're a reasonably well balanced guy in most respects. Here's a serious point. I can understand to a degree that the Irish tricolour might cause offence amongst the Rangers support and unfurling one would maybe antagonise the supporters. However, why on earth would the Palestinian flag cause any offence? Are Rangers a Jewish club?

No Wilf, but they are club whose support is increasingly positioning itself on the wrong side of history. Churlish and mean-spirited at best, on the evidence of yesterday they still cling grimly to all the old sectarian baggage whilst failing to notice that the world has moved on. Like the Boers of South Africa and the Orangemen of Ulster they are circling the wagons and nursing their hatred of anyone and anything which threatens or confounds their extreme bigotry and right-wing ideology.

Sad people, I'm glad I departed their ranks at eight years of age and chose football over religion. Yesterday was like being in a time-warp; I left after an hour and won't be back.

I wish these teams would learn to accept their scuddings with some good grace and humility, rather than making the trip to Ibrox sound like they've stepped on to the set of mad max...

Listen mate there's been no exaggeration or undeserved flack been thrown in this thread from what I can see. I traveled up and drank with the Dumbarton fans due to me being born there and that being who the majority of my friends support; every single one of them were very realistic about their chances and completely accept the result of the game. I turned to one of them, The Moonster in fact, about 20 minutes into the game and asked "Is it always this hostile when you travel to away grounds?", he laughed and said "No mate, this is just The Rangers".

I have no doubt there are a lot of decent Rangers fans as I consider myself to be one of them, that 'Blue Order' section were honestly just a bunch of fucking animals though. Most of them under 20 years of age so maybe their lack of maturity is one reason for being so ignorant, but I don't see many of them growing up to be stand up members of society. One guy in the Dumbarton crowd (who btw, weren't just victims and gave it back - in a much funnier and healthier way, to be honest) put it best when after the 2nd or 3rd goal went in pointed to Rangers and said "Full time!", then to Dumbarton and shouted "Part time!" then turned immediately to the Blue Order and screamed "UNEMPLOYED!". Benefit scrounging scumbags and a stain on Scotland.

Speaking as a Rangers fan who was standing in the Dumbarton end, there was categorically coins thrown as my friend sitting two seats away from me was hit by one.

The guys to the right of the Dumbarton fans were, to a man, scumbags. Complete drunken idiots and were an embarrassment to Rangers.

You a pal of Sweet Pete, out of interest?

Listen mate there's been no exaggeration or undeserved flack been thrown in this thread from what I can see. I traveled up and drank with the Dumbarton fans due to me being born there and that being who the majority of my friends support; every single one of them were very realistic about their chances and completely accept the result of the game. I turned to one of them, The Moonster in fact, about 20 minutes into the game and asked "Is it always this hostile when you travel to away grounds?", he laughed and said "No mate, this is just The Rangers".

I have no doubt there are a lot of decent Rangers fans as I consider myself to be one of them, that 'Blue Order' section were honestly just a bunch of fucking animals though. Most of them under 20 years of age so maybe their lack of maturity is one reason for being so ignorant, but I don't see many of them growing up to be stand up members of society. One guy in the Dumbarton crowd (who btw, weren't just victims and gave it back - in a much funnier and healthier way, to be honest) put it best when after the 2nd or 3rd goal went in pointed to Rangers and said "Full time!", then to Dumbarton and shouted "Part time!" then turned immediately to the Blue Order and screamed "UNEMPLOYED!". Benefit scrounging scumbags and a stain on Scotland.

Brad...you sound far too balanced to be a Rangers fan.....come and join us....we are not going to win the league....but we're here to enjoy ourselves

As other posters have said, why sit these eejits next to the visiting fans? And as other posters have said, the decent Rangers fans must despair .

Maybe the consideration should be: why sit the visiting fans next to these eejits?

Celtic, and only Celtic, get the whole end of the park. Behind the goals. That means that some of the scum are moved.

Why not move the away fans into a safer area instead of being surrounded by these fucking Troglodytes?

You a pal of Sweet Pete, out of interest?

Not to my knowledge mate, no.

Brad...you sound far too balanced to be a Rangers fan.....come and join us....we are not going to win the league....but we're here to enjoy ourselves

Ha. Tempting! Definitely enjoy the banter but once you've picked your team you've picked your team, ya know?

Were you at Ibrox on Saturday?

Were you f**k.

The only trip you make nowadays is up the West Coast.

Lol I enjoyed that unemployed shout.

As mentioned before, half of them didn't watch the game, probably still think Albertz and mols are playing for them.

As for the guy who said about how he wishes away fans could accept a gubbing, I don't think anyone person has moaned at the result.

Also, I seen hulls james Chester get a red from what looked like a similar foul by mohsni on agnew, I'd need to see it again though but both surely prevented goalscoring opportunities.

Remember you don't engage with me in conversation.....

That's correct, but I can type what I like.

I will never talk to you in real life, but unless you're WUMIng as usual, you might notice that this is an Internet forum, where I can "talk" to whoever I like, be it Bennett or Vicky the Viking. I don't give a toss.

Were you there, or in your B&B? it's not a difficult question, although I note your deflection as per normal.

As a gambler, I know where my money would be placed. You were not at the match.

Prove me wrong.

Brad, i wasn't at the game so i can't comment on this happening but why do you not complain about the Blue Order and the police, being a Rangers fan who no doubt only wants the best for the club and support. As you say no decent Rangers fan wants or needs this element in the support, you witnessed this so a complaint from yourself is well warranted.

Brad, i wasn't at the game so i can't comment on this happening but why do you not complain about the Blue Order and the police, being a Rangers fan who no doubt only wants the best for the club and support. As you say no decent Rangers fan wants or needs this element in the support, you witnessed this so a complaint from yourself is well warranted.

Truthfully? Because I can't be arsed and don't care enough. What would a complaint even do? I support Rangers and always will, and (especially in the last few years) I'm well aware of the transgressions of the club and its support.... I can't do anything about it. Doesn't make it any more pleasant to witness.

No problemo. I had noticed that SP had a Rangers friend with him yesterday, just put 2 and 2 together and made 5.

No worries man, I saw that comment and thought about whether I'd spoke to him and not even realised. No idea who he is though.

I have no problem with anybody who genuinely wants to show their support for the plight of the people of Palestine. I don't really have much of a problem with anybody flying the flag of Israel either. What i do have a problem with is idiots who choose to support a people or a political cause based purely on the football team they support. I am sick of celtic and Rangers fans on my facebook posting up sickening pictures from the troubles in the middle east trying to out do each other.

I have no real sympathy for either side in the troubles but if pushed at the moment i would probably say the Israelis are using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut. I am surprised we haven't had the picture of the Rangers supporter standing next to or holding an Israeli flag while Nazi Saluting.

The fact is , whether i like it or not, certain supporters of the club see the Palestine flag and, rightly or wrongly, associate it with the PIRA who the PLO helped to train and who gave them financial help throughout 'the troubles'..Now anybody walking into Ibrox knows they are going to provoke a reaction when they unfurl that flag..they are looking for that reaction. Personally speaking it would get no reaction from me but i have little sympathy for those who do something like that. I would have no sympathy for anybody that went to celtic Park and unfurled an Israeli flag among the Green Brigade.

Archived