Dunfermline v Airdrie (Relegation Dogfight)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel we did ok tonight. Expect for mr page of course. If Buchanan doesn't make this game I'd be happy to start the back 4 that finished tonight. Page looks very very shaky.

We can't go with 4 center mids tho. The emphasis is going to be on us to attack and a change in our midfield in needed for that.

Saturday's game is ideal for Williamson and he should start. It was correct over the last 2 matches, Forfar and tonight vs Falkirk, imo, to go with Ross Millen from the outset. I wasn't too discouraged tonight - there are lots of things to improve on but we've got 4 first team players out who'd massively improve our side. Furthermore, our team has constantly changed over the past few matches for numerous reasons that nobody can get any consistency or form partnerships. It was sad to not give Stirling game time tonight - not even being on the bench suggests a further injury which isn't great as he's the one bright spark we are missing, imo. I'm hopeful Buchanan can be fit enough to start this game as I agree, Page hasn't looked as good as he was last season for us. Hopefully get some injury news on COWS when JJ gives his usual Thursday pre-match media conference; hopefully more good news of players returning, rather than injuries continuing to pile up!

We got decent width in the preseason tourney game against Livi with Ross Forbes running the left of the pitch, being supported well by Whittle. Williamson clearly offers something as an attacking force on the right. A fit Wallace and Stirling would be first picks but we've more than enough players available for JJ to cobble a reasonable team together.

Hopefully Airdrie will be as bad as they claim to be and give us a confidence boosting win one way or another.

Only problem with that is he signed a new deal at the end of the January, meaning we would have had to pay compensation to get him off the books which wouldn't happen.

However the management team do need to determine whether he's realistically going to play much this season because if he's going to spend most of his time in the stand, they need to bring in a new striker otherwise we will continue to struggle.

Archived