St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

If we play a diamond it'll be a bad move, our full backs aren't even close to being decent wing-backs imo, i'll be happy if we play a 4-2-3-1 and sit McAlister out on the left for this one and have a lone striker backed up by the 3 behind them.

Letheren

McGinn/Irvine Konrad McPake Dyer/McGinn

Thomson/Ferry McGowan

Boyle Harkins McAlister

Peaso/Stewart/Tank/Wighton.

or if Thomson is definitely fit go for sheer blistering speed up front:

Letheren

McGinn/Irvine Konrad McPake Dyer/McGinn

Thomson Ferry/Harkins

McGowan Harkins McAlister

Boyle

yes, lots of alternatives. We could play a diamond with midfielders wider and the wing backs sitting in. Agree about the backs not being the finished article. Main problem seems to be linking midfield and attack.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Paisley we shall ride. Tommy's tears will make a tide. Goodwin and Turkey man in charge. Trouble looms large. We'll pump these Paisley tits. Put them along with the County, right in the shit. Then to the shitehouse shop opposite the away end. For a victorious kedge as to Dundee we tend. non deluded dee 17/08/14

Much better, have a Charles.

To Paisley we shall ride. Tommy's tears will make a tide. Goodwin and Turkey man in charge. Trouble looms large. We'll pump these Paisley tits. Put them along with the County, right in the shit. Then to the shitehouse shop opposite the away end. For a victorious kedge as to Dundee we tend. non deluded dee 17/08/14

Excellent work, sounds like Ali in his prime......

muhammadali_crop_north.jpg?w=400&h=267&q

This will mark my second game of the season. Enjoyed my wee trip to St. Mirren park when they played Hibs so I'm happy to get my arse back there and I wanted to see how Dundee are faring in the top league, so makes sense for this to be a game to see before I go to more unfamiliar places.

Looking forward to this. I get the impression we might be a better team away from home than at Dens this season so I'm interested to see how we perform. CW33 has to start up front with Tank drop to the bench as he hasn't cut the mustard so far. Could really do with Thomson in the middle on Saturday - I don't think Partick would have over-run us in the midfield the way they did on Saturday if he was in there.

Archived