St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. 3 of these "all other clubs in the league" have already failed to "hammer this pish Dundee side".

I seem to remember it was your fellow fans that were claiming Dundee would hammer us, not as you claim here. At Inverness with Yogi in charge we rarely expect to hammer anyone, we learned that lesson a long time ago.

So stop making up pish about other teams fans to suit your agenda.

:huh:

We had a worse start than this last season.

You drew with Killie in your second game last season - so had 1/9 after 3; this season, you've got 0/9.

The last time you lost your first three games was 2000/01 - the season you were relegated. It was posted by SPL Stats on Twitter on Friday and they're usually accurate.

Should send it in to soccer am. :lol:

It's unlikely, but I really hope a camera captured the steward getting hit in the back of the head during the warm-up...only for her to get hit in the face mere minutes later after a ball rebounded off a seat :lol:

You drew with Killie in your second game last season - so had 1/9 after 3; this season, you've got 0/9.The last time you lost your first three games was 2000/01 - the season you were relegated. It was posted by SPL Stats on Twitter on Friday and they're usually accurate.

It was more the fact we had 1 point from our opening 6 games last season that made it such a bad start. We never looked like we could get anything either, we were a complete shambles and we were getting gubbed.

As bad as we have been in the opening 3 games, we are far better now than we were then.

Paul McGinn looked solid throughout the game I thought. I think he'll turn out to be a good acquisition for Dundee.

I never realised how many chances Jason Naismith had until I watched the highlights - at least someone looked like they wanted to score!

It's unlikely, but I really hope a camera captured the steward getting hit in the back of the head during the warm-up...only for her to get hit in the face mere minutes later after a ball rebounded off a seat :lol:

That was brilliant, thought she was going to go down legs were jellied.

It was more the fact we had 1 point from our opening 6 games last season that made it such a bad start. We never looked like we could get anything either, we were a complete shambles and we were getting gubbed.

As bad as we have been in the opening 3 games, we are far better now than we were then.

This is true. Although this is technically a worse start since we rescued a point in the Killie game and had scored, we were against 10 men for the last 30 minutes after Boyd's rib-tickler into Goodwin.

Last season we lost 3-0 to Inverness, drew 1-1 with Killie, lost 3-0 to Ross County, 2-1 to Queen of the South, 2-1 to Partick, 1-0 to Motherwell and 2-0 to Hibs before a 1-1 draw with Aberdeen.

In the majority of these games we were embarrassing and were outplayed. Ross County was a particular lowlight, Harkins was awful that game. The Thistle game was terrible, it was completely one-way traffic. We were lucky they had John Baird up top but once we stole the lead and Archibald hooked him there was only one winner.

Hearts closed to within 6 points of us or so and Lennon saved his job with a win against them at Tynecastle. We then won 4 out of 5, only losing to Dundee United at Tannadice.

I'd prefer to have some goals and points, and it is not acceptable, but at least we don't look as disjointed and frankly awful as we did last season. We are playing alright and I think the goals should come.

I seem to remember it was your fellow fans that were claiming Dundee would hammer us, not as you claim here. At Inverness with Yogi in charge we rarely expect to hammer anyone, we learned that lesson a long time ago.

So stop making up pish about other teams fans to suit your agenda.

What are you slavering about? I said nobody has hammered us like the original poster stated - that is a fact not an agenda. Nowhere did I mention "other teams fans".

Stop trolling to try and make your tin pot team and their portacabin shop seem relevant. Nobody gives a s*** about Inverness.

It would be very wrong to suggest the result was daylight robbery, maybe a wee bit more of a smash and grab by Dundee but they won't care. A clean sheet and 3 points away from home in this league is hard to get.

It did come down to poor finishing on our side but Harkins ruined a good chance in the first half and MacDonald forced Kello into a superb save.

I am not too down heartened by the start to the season. If we played like we did against Hamilton in all the games I would be worried. Another centre back is still a must. Would did the Dees think of Plummer? Changed your opinions on him? Looks a great find for us, no point in him playing well if others cant defend and the strikers not scoring.

Astonished Harkins and McGowan didn't score. Though we handled them both well. Goodwin was outstanding, thats the player we want to see every week.

Overall disappointed with the way we lost the game but if we play like that most weeks the goals and points will come.

This is true. Although this is technically a worse start since we rescued a point in the Killie game and had scored, we were against 10 men for the last 30 minutes after Boyd's rib-tickler into Goodwin.

Last season we lost 3-0 to Inverness, drew 1-1 with Killie, lost 3-0 to Ross County, 2-1 to Queen of the South, 2-1 to Partick, 1-0 to Motherwell and 2-0 to Hibs before a 1-1 draw with Aberdeen.

In the majority of these games we were embarrassing and were outplayed. Ross County was a particular lowlight, Harkins was awful that game. The Thistle game was terrible, it was completely one-way traffic. We were lucky they had John Baird up top but once we stole the lead and Archibald hooked him there was only one winner.

Hearts closed to within 6 points of us or so and Lennon saved his job with a win against them at Tynecastle. We then won 4 out of 5, only losing to Dundee United at Tannadice.

I'd prefer to have some goals and points, and it is not acceptable, but at least we don't look as disjointed and frankly awful as we did last season. We are playing alright and I think the goals should come.

I hear he lost his man at a corner that game?

Harkins, Tankulic were both average on Saturday. We were missing our midfield two, had Gary Irvine on, with Davo replacing the injured McBride mid game. Yet we won.

Yep, that's true. And frankly that was the best league performance so far from Tankulic (not saying much) and a special mention to Gary Irvine (not my favourite player) who really did not put a foot wrong playing out of position at left back..

I hear he lost his man at a corner that game?

He was generally appalling in most games, but was really dreadful in the first game away to RC.

To be fair to him, the whole team were at that point, although it was argued that part of the reason for it was trying to rearrange the team to accommodate him.

The 'losing his man' thing, well, of course anyone can do that if they happen to switch off.

It didn't look like he switched off though, it looked like he just couldn't give a toss - and it didn't help that we lost a goal against Hibernian (aye, Hibs!!!) a few weeks later because he'd done exactly the same thing. I think that was the last straw for a lot of Saints fans.

I was worried he and McGowan would come back to haunt us, but both seemed to have quiet games.

Archived