St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

Anyone know what's up with Ferry?

Heard it was a niggle, he picked up during training midweek, that flared up again during the warmup. Where it is and what the extent of it is I dunno.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dick Turpin wore a mask, St.mirren absolute battered Dundee for 80 minutes.

Good to see Gary Harkins is still a lazy b*****d, Dundee played better when he went off.

That MacDonald looks a far better option than Tankulic, he was awful.

Yes, it's a great start and we're top six. If we'd got the result against Thistle we'd be 4th on 8 pts.

Agree re your comment on 'time to gel'. We look like we could really click with a settled side getting into form and becoming match hardened.

Defence needs tightened up. I think McPake and Konrad are doing well but we shouldn't be giving teams so many chances.

Thomson coming back will help massively with defence, cohesion, tempo and through balls.

Dyer back in at left and McGinn back to right back. Harkins to dribble less, pass more and be more direct. McGowan to improve his shooting. McAlister, who's been brilliant the last two games in for Ferry. Persevere with Wighton up front. MacDonald as the 'David Fairclough' super sub.

Story of Harkins and McGowan with us too ...

What's all this dominated pish?

We slightly shaded a pretty poor game. If we had taken any of the numerous clear cut chances we had we'd have won. We didn't. Dundee took one of theirs.

St.Mirren slightly shaded the chances, possession and Dundee actually took one of theirs.

In no way, shape or form did either side dominate anything. St.Mirren strung some nice moves together but our strikers couldn't finish their dinner.

I think that's pretty accurate.

What's all this dominated pish?

We slightly shaded a pretty poor game. If we had taken any of the numerous clear cut chances we had we'd have won. We didn't. Dundee took one of theirs.

St.Mirren slightly shaded the chances, possession and Dundee actually took one of theirs.

In no way, shape or form did either side dominate anything. St.Mirren strung some nice moves together but our strikers couldn't finish their dinner.

I think that's pretty accurate.

Don't think it was slightly shaded at all. St. Mirren were dominant and probably should have taken more from the game. Did they deserve to take more from the game? No. No team that creates so many chances and can't take them deserves to win the game. That level of ineptitude deserves to be punished and it was.

Nobody "stole" the game. That doesn't mean one side weren't a bit lucky to come away with the win though. I think Dundee will be feeling a bit fortunate after that.

So it can't be coached then? Because they're both good players...if they could improve on their weak points they'd be top class.

McGowan just doesn't have it in him to strike the ball with any sort of power. He can't fizz a pass crossfield so blast a shot from a distance.

Taking penalties out of the equation, I think he scored 3 goals from open play in total for us. Which is a terrible scoring rate foe his position.

He has other qualities however.

Harkins...he doesn't deserve comment.

McGowan just doesn't have it in him to strike the ball with any sort of power. He can't fizz a pass crossfield so blast a shot from a distance.

Taking penalties out of the equation, I think he scored 3 goals from open play in total for us. Which is a terrible scoring rate foe his position.

He has other qualities however.

Harkins...he doesn't deserve comment.

Really interesting.

All other clubs in the league will hammer this pish Dundee side - full of St Mirren rejects btw - when they batter them, we batter them and lose. says it all.

Interesting. 3 of these "all other clubs in the league" have already failed to "hammer this pish Dundee side".

Archived