St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I saw today Ball had a pretty decent first touch. He brought the ball down well almost every time. What he doesn't have is pace - it was like watching a double decker bus from the '80s try to negotiate a tight bend when he was trying to turn a player. If he had pace he would have scored today and hopefully in time he can build up some fitness. Marwood didn't look great though...but I'd be happy for him to prove me wrong.

Harkins freely admitting on Twitter that he had a nightmare yesterday and ridiculing a St Mirren fan that said he played well then questioned his attitude.

Harkins freely admitting on Twitter that he had a nightmare yesterday and ridiculing a St Mirren fan that said he played well then questioned his attitude.

He seemed extremely pleased when the goal went in. Excellent attitude, even in the dodgy warming down vest.

All summed up nicely, for me, in Rumple's post match report, on the OS. Both CHs were excellent and Goodwin controlled the midfield. I have a, further, few points.

The penalty shout, near the end, I felt had Wighton went down when his arm had appeared to be pulled it would have been a spot kick.

Also, thought Plummer was fortunate to stay on the park after he was, first, booked for scything down McGowan then wrestling Wighton down, just over the half way line, near the end. No foul was given for the latter, obviously, but I'll hopefully see the incident again on the highlights. No holding my breath though.

3rd eye moment, again near the end of the game, a Dundee player blootered the ball out of play which hit the side of the main stand? (To my left). Then skelped a St Mirren fan on the back of the napper. Anyone else catch this?

Happy with the win but we didn't half live dangerously at times.

Great 3 points but on another day could have been very different. They got in behind us too easily and far too many crosses being allowed to come into the box, cant depend on crap finishing like that every week. Harkins frustrates the f**k out of me and can see him starting on the bench in the coming months. Mcpake, Konrad, Mcallister and Letheren were my picks. Nice neat wee stadium, first visit there but looked more than 4500 there to me considering the capacity is over 8000?

Delighted to get the first win under our belt - Thought Plummer was excellent at times for the Buddies but he had some real bombscare moments too - miss by Drury was a howler - to be honest there's been nothing between the four teams we've played so far, though Caley look more solid than the rest of those we've faced and St Mirren look toothless up front.

Our fitness is the key to this season - we've finished every game strongly

Some pics from the game http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/23-08-2014-St-Mirren-v-Dundee/G0000lSERIudArNg/

All summed up nicely, for me, in Rumple's post match report, on the OS. Both CHs were excellent and Goodwin controlled the midfield. I have a, further, few points.

The penalty shout, near the end, I felt had Wighton went down when his arm had appeared to be pulled it would have been a spot kick.

Also, thought Plummer was fortunate to stay on the park after he was, first, booked for scything down McGowan then wrestling Wighton down, just over the half way line, near the end. No foul was given for the latter, obviously, but I'll hopefully see the incident again on the highlights. No holding my breath though.

3rd eye moment, again near the end of the game, a Dundee player blootered the ball out of play which hit the side of the main stand? (To my left). Then skelped a St Mirren fan on the back of the napper. Anyone else catch this?

Happy with the win but we didn't half live dangerously at times.

If you watch the extended highlights on Alba on the iPlayer you'll get the challenge and the ball cracking that St Mirren fan. Already laughed at it when watching last night.

Rumps, I had to miss the game yesterday so had to follow on the text updates. Can you tell Kenny that writing stuff like 'he should have scored there' is no good to the reader if you don't know what the team is, never mind the player.

Anyhow, great 3 points.

Luther G Pressley or whatever his name is: heads gone.

If you watch the extended highlights on Alba on the iPlayer you'll get the challenge and the ball cracking that St Mirren fan. Already laughed at it when watching last night.

Cheers pal. I will do when I get the time.

I see the boy on the tannoy played dab favourite Beautiful Sunday as a 'noise up' to the Dundee support pre-match yesterday. That worked out well for him.

I also read that the last time St Mirren had a start to a season like this they got relegated. Just thought I'd share that.

I see the boy on the tannoy played dab favourite Beautiful Sunday as a 'noise up' to the Dundee support pre-match yesterday. That worked out well for him.

I also read that the last time St Mirren had a start to a season like this they got relegated. Just thought I'd share that.

:huh:

We had a worse start than this last season.

Archived