St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

Kenny Ross? Excellent author on all things Dundee, perhaps getting too into the game rather than writing descriptive updates on time? I don't blame him, I would too. But according to the updates for example, absolutely nothing happened after Peaso scored and then the full time whistle was blown.

Yup, it's Kenny Ross. He's excellent at the live updates (which is a job I hate doing on the rare occasion I have to step in). The problems are definitely nothing to do with him.

Good report today as usual Rumple. You just forgot to mention Jimmy Mac's yellow card. Given that from the away end I thought it was a 50-50 ball entered into without malice by both players giving their full commitment, I am sure your oversight reflected your surprise at the referee's decision.

Cheers. Corrected. I had actually made a note of the wildly unjust booking but I forgot to mark it up on the report. I was under fierce pressure from the rest of the website team to get the report finished and posted so we could hit the road. They weren't going to leave me behind though. It was my turn to buy the traditional away win ice creams. :P

Did anyone see when Paul Mcginn halfed his brother (fairly and won the ball) and as it broke for a St Mirren attack he ran back the way to see if he was okay?! Hartley was going apeshit.

Sure did notice that. It's interesting sitting close enough to Hartley to hear the advice he's offering.

What's everyone's views on the penalty shout when wighton was brought down?

Stonewaller IMO

I thought it was borderline. Some you get, others you don't. I suspect the ref thought Wighton was so slight he got brushed off the ball without it being a foul.

I was more concerned at this stage last season as we were managing to lose every week and also play badly, we came back strongly from that so there's no reason we can't again.

That stat about Tommy's win % as a gaffer is stark though. A couple of more weeks like this and he'll undoubtedly be under a bit of pressure.

Shows you how much we rely on a fit Thommo tho, Ball might well come good, but he's beginning to look like a bit of a panic signing, and he needs to lose about 2 stone!

I was impressed by Craig's interview after the match. I thought he was calm and reasonable, with no whingeing or blaming anyone.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree about them creating chances it seems like it was all St Mirren. I hope for our sake that they keep missing these chances, although the last couple of seasons suggest they'll come good eventually.

They do have an incredible survival instinct and going by this game it looks more like they are improving.

Yup, it's Kenny Ross. He's excellent at the live updates (which is a job I hate doing on the rare occasion I have to step in). The problems are definitely nothing to do with him.

Who's to blame Rumps?

rumple, on 23 Aug 2014 - 22:58, said:

We don't live in a blame culture. :lol:

Anyway, it's more complicated than just a case of someone being to blame.

Something you're not letting on. ;)

I was impressed by Craig's interview after the match. I thought he was calm and reasonable, with no whingeing or blaming anyone.

The old duffer probably thought they'd just beat brazil 48-0 though

Watching it on alba now no idea how St Mirren didn't score.

Marwood doesn't look a very good footballer and Ball has the touch of an elephant. I suspect when Sir Steven of Paisley is match fit we will start racking up points.

We played nice enough stuff.

Marwood just hasn't impressed in the slightest so far.

Ball is big and strong, a real presence up front, but f**k me his first touch is absolutely brutal. Time and again he gets some lovely passes okayed through and only has to take a touch and hit....his touch is all over the place.

So let me get this right...

Another established premiership side failed to break us down?

Past it Peaso scored?

And Kyle Letheren kept another clean sheet and kept up his record of only conceding absolute screamers this season?

Interesting...

Dodds was full of superlatives about one of his saves.

Marwood doesn't look a very good footballer and Ball has the touch of an elephant. I suspect when Sir Steven of Paisley is match fit we will start racking up points.

We played nice enough stuff.

Marwood just hasn't impressed in the slightest so far.

Ball is big and strong, a real presence up front, but f**k me his first touch is absolutely brutal. Time and again he gets some lovely passes okayed through and only has to take a touch and hit....his touch is all over the place.

Agreed, but for a big fat lad, he's fucking brilliant in the air.

Can't be fucked reading all the tearstained post from St Mirren fans so I would just like to say we deserved the win fully and was a easy 3 points.

Oh and f**k the tartan thistle for throwing my wee boy out for wearing a Dundee top and being 9.

Archived