St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

Hartley on the game today:

"We're away from home and we had to grind out the result"

"They had some good chances, our keeper had to make some great saves, but we'll take the three points.

Hartley insisted the level of quality from his players in recent games was of a higher standard than the win against St Mirren, but was reluctant to complain about the outcome.

"I thought we worked hard, but I think we can play better in terms of our possession and passing of the ball," he explained.

"We've maybe not had the results recently, but the performances have been good.

"I thought this was our worst performance in terms of passing the ball and the intensity of our play, but we got the win and I think that's the vital thing.

"We're working all the time and I think we'll get better - we've had a solid start to the season."

Who the f**k wrote that shite? Seriously? That implies he expected Hartley to moan because they'd won while not playing as well as in other games.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will give your club the respect you deserve once you win a trophy - until then you are a wee diddy club :)

I take it you are disregarding winning the Challenge Cup and two 1st Division titles, same as your team's honours won during the years of my club's existence?.

So outside that what trophies have Dundee won in the last 20 years?.

How the f**k did we lose that, but at the end of the day goals win games . To be frank though Dundee will struggle this season on that showing, Hamilton were far better. That's 2 games out of 3 we've been by far the better team and lost, all we're missing is goals but now Thompson is back I reckon we will be ok.

Dundee will struggle this season though, they were very poor to be honest.

So we had four players out injured, didn't play that well and still won. All the great teams win in adversity :-)

I take it you are disregarding winning the Challenge Cup and two 1st Division titles, same as your team's honours won during the years of my club's existence?.

So outside that what trophies have Dundee won in the last 20 years?.

It takes a lot of years to gain respect. Keep plucking away though.

I love the fact Lex is acting like he is not bothered on here, but is clearly f****** seething over on the blackandwhitearmy forum.

I love the fact you follow me multi-forum :wub:

How am I acting like I'm not bothered though? There's tears in my pint.

It takes a lot of years to gain respect. Keep plucking away though.

We have earned it already, like our place in the top division. How are you getting on trying to shift the tag perennial under-achievers?.

Sorry but you really haven't. Win a trophy and get back to me sweethcheeks ;)

Only to you since we had you greeting over us winning the 1st Division title, that wasn't taken very well now was it?. #bitterdees

And you have not exactly spent a lot of time in the top league in the last 10 years either so adapting to the new order might be a real challenge for you.

Only to you since we had you greeting over us winning the 1st Division title, that wasn't taken very well now was it?. #bitterdees

And you have not exactly spent a lot of time in the top league in the last 10 years either so adapting to the new order might be a real challenge for you.

As I said in another thread - we papped you in the cup semi and cup final. When it really mattered.

I love how when it comes to Dundees top flight credentials only the past 10 years are relevant...

Remind me again what major honours ICT have won!

What an enjoyable day, 3 first picks missing from the team and IMO our worst display but 3 excellent points! I'll take that any week.

Although St Mirren had the better of the chances we deserved the win. For all the good chances they had they had virtually nothing on target and barely worked Letheren.

I thought Konrad and Mcpake were standouts for us the day but our midfield struggled without Thomson and Ferry.

Harkins had his second poor game in a row- Goodwin was the St Mirren mom and marked Harkins out the game.

Peaso and Boyle made the difference once they come on and Kello made a fine save from Peaso just before he opened the scoring.

What's everyone's views on the penalty shout when wighton was brought down?

Stonewaller IMO.

I honestly reckon St mirren will come good, they have some good players and in Thompson they have a boy who can put the ball in the net at this level.

Roll on Celtic next week!

I was more concerned at this stage last season as we were managing to lose every week and also play badly, we came back strongly from that so there's no reason we can't again.

That stat about Tommy's win % as a gaffer is stark though. A couple of more weeks like this and he'll undoubtedly be under a bit of pressure.

Shows you how much we rely on a fit Thommo tho, Ball might well come good, but he's beginning to look like a bit of a panic signing, and he needs to lose about 2 stone!

How did Wighton play?

Big win as its the type of game you need to win to do well in this league. 2 goals conceded (free kick and 25 yard screamer?) Not conceded away from home yet and still unbeaten. Will take 10th now though!!

As I said in another thread - we papped you in the cup semi and cup final. When it really mattered.

When it mattered we won the league the same season you won the Challenge Cup, can't see why you would think the wee cup mattered more. Especially after all that money your club splashed out on that gamble to win the league that season. Nearly finished your club of a second time.

Reaching the Scottish Cup semi final for the first time was a great achievement at the time for a club our size and remember we were a division below you and with Dundee an established SPL side with some very good players on many times the wages our players were on. We played very well that day and only lost out to a single goal. Very proud of our players.

We have come a long long way since both these games, how far have Dundee progressed since then?. Of course congratulations on coming out of administration..... twice.

Archived