St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the animosity between the two sides stems from when John 'Who owns the deeds' Brown said that they would overtake us a few seasons ago (after Rangers Light scandalously got rid of Barry Smith). They did, he was good to his word and offered contracts to our best players and St Mirren went down from the top flight and have been full of seeth ever since. He continued his stellar work in football management and was snapped up by a huge club and obviously won the champions league.

Did I get that right..?

I'm expecting a scrappy game, but I think we'll snatch all three points.

any family friendly pubs near the ground so I can get pissed pre match.

Plenty. The Last Post is across from Gilmour Street Station. It's a spoons so cheap booze (£2.20 a pint) and does meal deals (Beer and a burger and chips for £5 etc). Family friendly and pretty big as well if you're in a group. If you just want to get bladdered then go to the Bull Inn which is a 5 minute walk from the station. 7 Girraffes on tap and since the place is tiny you'll be forced to mingle with the legions of buddies that congregate there on match day. Friendly atmosphere though so I wouldn't worry about being a Dee. Enjoy the trip! :)

Plenty. The Last Post is across from Gilmour Street Station. It's a spoons so cheap booze (£2.20 a pint) and does meal deals (Beer and a burger and chips for £5 etc). Family friendly and pretty big as well if you're in a group. If you just want to get bladdered then go to the Bull Inn which is a 5 minute walk from the station. 7 Girraffes on tap and since the place is tiny you'll be forced to mingle with the legions of buddies that congregate there on match day. Friendly atmosphere though so I wouldn't worry about being a Dee. Enjoy the trip! :)

cheers for that

McAlister is a good player, was fine yesterday, but he's a bit over enthusiastic at times, to the detriment of the team shape.

Cheers

Fans looking for pubs.

If you are traveling by bus best bet would be the Alamo on St James street. Just further up the road from our old stadium. They give out free pies and a £10.00 to the best dressed away fan normally a child.

Team for Saturday.

Letheren

McGinn McPake Konrad Dyer (if fit)

Thomson (if fit)

McAlister McGowan

Harkins

Wighton

Tankulic

Go with Tankulic and see how it goes. Bring on Stewart if struggling. Get McAlister and MacGowan out a little wider and have the wing backs come in a little.

Bring on Ferry and Boyle if required. A lot depends on Thomson and Dyer being fit. Not sure who to play left back if Dyer is out.

Aye, let's try and keep away from personal insults, talk about the football. Doubt that will happen but worth a try.

I like that side, could be a bit too narrow though you c**t.*

*only joking trippy. 8)

If we play a diamond it'll be a bad move, our full backs aren't even close to being decent wing-backs imo, i'll be happy if we play a 4-2-3-1 and sit McAlister out on the left for this one and have a lone striker backed up by the 3 behind them.

Letheren

McGinn/Irvine Konrad McPake Dyer/McGinn

Thomson/Ferry McGowan

Boyle Harkins McAlister

Peaso/Stewart/Tank/Wighton.

or if Thomson is definitely fit go for sheer blistering speed up front:

Letheren

McGinn/Irvine Konrad McPake Dyer/McGinn

Thomson Ferry/Harkins

McGowan Harkins McAlister

Boyle

What's with the new rule of the date's getting added to the thread title by a mod? Not that I'm bothered, just wondering like.

I imagine it's an investment in the future. Pain in the arse when you're trying to look up a game from three seasons ago and have to look at 12 threads all titled "St Mirren vs Motherwell" or something. Longevity n aw that.

If we can stick to football chat there's no need for the thread to shitfest.

Key battles will be Thompson v McPake, if he's fit . Goodwin v McGowan and McGinn v McGinn.

With McAusland and McPake playing there is a chance of a slip up for both teams.

Goodwin and McGowan are both hot heads who will know exactly how to push each other's buttons .

Hoping to see 2 teams who want to play football go for the 3 points

I never thought about Goodwin vs McGowan. That's going to be a bit tense. Will be excellent to see the McGinn's play off against each other too.

This game isn't going to be a shitfest, whatever happens. I expect at least 4 goals, a sending off, BOOOOOOOO and seagulls galore.

Hope McGowan gets a decent reception. Didn't part on the best of terms but he's still a cup winning legend who played a vital role in that victory.

Despite not seeing the best of him the last season I still felt some of our best performances were when he was in the mood and controlling the game.

Archived