St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

Another fan who thinks 'this is going to be easy'. :rolleyes:

You only scrapped a win today against St. Mirren, hardly a reason to jump on the high horse.

Have I actually said that? No. But your dross you spoke about other teams gelling is complete shite.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St. Mirren deserved to be punished for being utterly woeful in front of goal today. Dundee weren't great, but they didn't have to be really. They got better in the second half though, but St. Mirren also got more "dangerous" and the game really should have been gone before the McDonald goal. It wasn't though, and it's yet another defeat and still no goals for St. Mirren.

Need to compliment Hartley today.

As soon as he correctly hooked his duds (Harkins and Tankolic) Dundee looked a far more dangerous side, and they then won the game.

We have Dunfermline at home on Tuesday.... A loss in that one and it's going to get pretty ugly for Tommy Craig.

Lex, on 23 Aug 2014 - 18:25, said:

Need to compliment Hartley today.

As soon as he correctly hooked his duds (Harkins and Tankolic) Dundee looked a far more dangerous side, and they then won the game.

We have Dunfermline at home on Tuesday.... A loss in that one and it's going to get pretty ugly for Tommy Craig.

The earlier St Mirren get rid of Dear Tommy, the better chance they'll have. Although I don't know who is exactly out there, outwith the duds Dear Tommy seems to have signed, St Mirren have the likes of Kello, Goodwin, McLean, McGinn and Thompson which on paper shouldn't be slugging it out to avoid automatic relegation.

Today was Dear Tommy's 22nd game as a club manager and his 17th defeat.

Aye, they were both pretty shocking. I thought that if McDonald got on there, he could do something.

Or it might get better for us as our players gel, you know the team that has signed more players than any other team in the league? No Dundee fan is kidding themselves, this season is going to be a slog. We've three incredibly difficult games coming up where we might not pick up any points at all.

Sorry for Dundee fans having a bit of optimism though and sorry for Dundee fans lashing out as the team is being constantly undermined despite the fact we've got off to a strong start.

In summary, shut yer puss.

Experience counts for nothing then. :rolleyes:

The season we came up Butcher made a lot of changes to the squad I think it was almost half the squad changed and we hit the ground running, the team gelled fast, spending most of the season in the top six and then by December the other teams started to pull us back as they improved until we were hanging on by our fingernails to a top six place by March, then we were pipped in the last two weeks. Now what I've seen of Dundee so far you are doing similar but without scoring goals, you're grinding out results but your team looks to have already gelled faster than most of the other teams as have Hamilton. It stands you in good stead and a comfort zone before the teams below you get moving.

Now if Dundee can match that what we achieved you will get respect and the results to back up the hot air coming from some of your fellow supporters.

Aye, this is the season the trapdoor gets us, senior wankers Goodwin, Teale, Thompson and Craig fucked Danny over, got their own way and brought in the Newcastle based non league/Man City ball boys shite. all going to get what they deserve.

Are you honestly suggesting that neither of the City lads look good enough for us?

Away and f**k off back to Ibrox. :lol:

Have I actually said that? No. But your dross you spoke about other teams gelling is complete shite.

So you think what you see right now is as good as it gets for the likes of Aberdeen, St. Johnstone and Motherwell and Dundee will be better than them once your team gels?.

I take it this is your streetwise opinion and experience watching teams in the top division week in week out?

Oh dear. :huh:

Aye, this is the season the trapdoor gets us, senior wankers Goodwin, Teale, Thompson and Craig fucked Danny over, got their own way and brought in the Newcastle based non league/Man City ball boys shite. all going to get what they deserve.

I didn't realise Goodwin, Teale and Thompson played for Rangers.

So you think what you see right now is as good as it gets for the likes of Aberdeen, St. Johnstone and Motherwell and Dundee will be better than them once your team gels?.

I take it this is your streetwise opinion and experience watching teams in the top division week in week out?

Oh dear. :huh:

GTF you tedious fucking bore.

4 games unbeaten for Dundee so far, that puts them on the same number of unbeaten games as Dunfermline when they came up last time and their fans were like this, going on about how easy this is. Look what happened to them by Christmas. :rolleyes:

It will be all different once the other teams gel, get match sharp and suss out Hartley's tactics with those players with limited ability especially in the 2nd quarter of the season once everyone has played them once, I fear for Dundee this is not going to end well.

Celtic next. ;)

And just to remind Dundee fans we beat them today so Dundee should be able to beat them as well, after all Dundee fans don't rate Inverness. 8)

You're like a knock off version of BoredomGuy.

:1eye

Some of the chances we passed up today were unbelievable. On a positive note, I thought Goodwin and Plummer were superb.

Now if Dundee can match that what we achieved you will get respect and the results to back up the hot air coming from some of your fellow supporters.

Jesus fucking wept. I really hope we get your respect. Tell you what we will just take an easy point off you at your place instead - cheers for that you top league veteran that you are! lolz

I actually thought that was quite an exciting game to watch with some dece football from both sides. St Mirren looked more dangerous that I thought thought they would be and missed a few sitters!

Alamo was pretty good before with some boy running about bollock naked. Whatever the hell was going on there...

Great travelling support who sang the whole game. Couldn't see us scoring at the end there, would've settled for a point as St Mirren were pressing us. Delighted we pinched all 3 though. Off to the fringe closing party to get buckled, all in all a good day.

DDYB

Wasted too many chances. Need to start taking them soon or you'll realise it's not bad luck it's just the forwards are pish. Still too early to write them off but this is getting similar to the 2000/01 season when we had chances, didn't take them then were denied even a draw. Back then we lost our first three games and went down, although we had at least scored a couple of goals by this stage.

Dundee looked far better once Harkins went off. Typical Paisley performance from him. Left it to MacDonald to hurt us as usual.

Archived