St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

How did Wighton play?

Big win as its the type of game you need to win to do well in this league. 2 goals conceded (free kick and 25 yard screamer?) Not conceded away from home yet and still unbeaten. Will take 10th now though!!

I thought Wighton did well enough.

Quiet first half but had some nice touches.

More involved in the second half especially once The game started to stretch. Should have had a penalty but the ref was a homer!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it mattered we won the league the same season you won the Challenge Cup, can't see why you would think the wee cup mattered more. Especially after all that money your club splashed out on that gamble to win the league that season. Nearly finished your club of a second time.

?

Reaching the Scottish Cup semi final for the first time was a great achievement at the time for a club our size and remember we were a division below you and with Dundee an established SPL side with some very good players on many times the wages our players were on. We played very well that day and only lost out to a single goal. Very proud of our players.

We have come a long long way since both these games, how far have Dundee progressed since then?. Of course congratulations on coming out of administration..... twice.

You make BoredomGuy sound exciting. Seriously though, WTF are you doing on here?

I think saints will be fine once Thompson is fit.

Goodwin was excellent as was plummer and they passed the ball well and closed us down. Mccausland, marwood and ball were pish though.

For dundee letheren konrad mcpake mcalister davo and peaso had good games. Ggh tank and McGowan were poor.

Saints were the better team overall but a great finish from peaso won it for us. I think he deserves a start ahead of tank.

Dundee will struggle this season though, they were very poor to be honest.

We heard this pish after every game last season and were promoted as champions.

Obviously my only hope this season is finishing 10th or above so I hope we struggle like this every week

Wighton's touch is class and once he fills out a bit will be a quality player. Peaso took his goal fantastically well but wouldn't have moaned if we got a draw today. Thought Irvine did well once he settled down at lb, Goodwin played well today and gave us a lot of work in midfield today. Drury will be a great signing some of his balls in were quality and Thompson will get on the end of a good amount of them

I thought Wighton did well enough.

Quiet first half but had some nice touches.

More involved in the second half especially once The game started to stretch. Should have had a penalty but the ref was a homer!

Oh aye, forgot about the penalty shout. Will want to see that again as it did look like a foul. He didn't even make the slightest claim though, so I'm not sure.

Watching the highlights and St. Mirren seemed to get plenty of chances in the penalty box but just seem to lack of composure. Dundee playing further forward and getting forward in numbers more often than when they played us.

Watching the highlights and St. Mirren seemed to get plenty of chances in the penalty box but just seem to lack of composure. Dundee playing further forward and getting forward in numbers more often than when they played us.

Interesting. Thanks for your input.

Not sure why a caley fans so bothered about this.

Watching it on alba now no idea how St Mirren didn't score.

Lack of composure and some good goalkeeping accounting for that, but watching this St. Mirren look like a team that if they took their chances turn some team over. That's a lot of opportunities for a team that has yet to score a league goal.

Lack of composure and some good goalkeeping accounting for that, but watching this St. Mirren look like a team that if they took their chances turn some team over. That's a lot of opportunities for a team that has yet to score a league goal.

Agree about them creating chances it seems like it was all St Mirren. I hope for our sake that they keep missing these chances, although the last couple of seasons suggest they'll come good eventually.

Archived