St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

rumple, on 23 Aug 2014 - 19:32, said:

Definitely onside. We were in line. The defence was charging out while Peaso was racing in. Lack of concentration.

It's certainly not the fault of Kenny who's doing it these days.

Kenny Ross? Excellent author on all things Dundee, perhaps getting too into the game rather than writing descriptive updates on time? I don't blame him, I would too. But according to the updates for example, absolutely nothing happened after Peaso scored and then the full time whistle was blown.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hartley on the game today:

"We're away from home and we had to grind out the result"

"They had some good chances, our keeper had to make some great saves, but we'll take the three points.

Hartley insisted the level of quality from his players in recent games was of a higher standard than the win against St Mirren, but was reluctant to complain about the outcome.

"I thought we worked hard, but I think we can play better in terms of our possession and passing of the ball," he explained.

"We've maybe not had the results recently, but the performances have been good.

"I thought this was our worst performance in terms of passing the ball and the intensity of our play, but we got the win and I think that's the vital thing.

"We're working all the time and I think we'll get better - we've had a solid start to the season."

Good analysis from the gaffer.

Kenny Ross? Excellent author on all things Dundee, perhaps getting too into the game rather than writing descriptive updates on time? I don't blame him, I would too. But according to the updates for example, absolutely nothing happened after Peaso scored and then the full time whistle was blown.

Good report today as usual Rumple. You just forgot to mention Jimmy Mac's yellow card. Given that from the away end I thought it was a 50-50 ball entered into without malice by both players giving their full commitment, I am sure your oversight reflected your surprise at the referee's decision.

How fucking fat was the number 16 for St Mirren? He looks like he ate Gary O'Connor ffs!

Konrad and McPake are solid at the back. St Mirren could play until tomorrow without taking a chance and Peaso is still class. That's my summary.

St Mirren will struggle this season, that was by far the worst we've played all season (to be expected with so many out injured) yet here we are 6 points ahead with a decent manager.

No shit - the day a draw against wee diddy clubs like Inverness is a big achievement is the day I stop watching Dundee.

Wee diddy club that is top of the league for the second successive season and continually finishes ahead of clubs end of season with much more resources, bigger spending budgets and thousands more supporters. ;)

There's little reason Dundee can't finish top 6 this season given we have done it 2 seasons in a row probably on smaller wages than this Dundee team and with half as many supporters going to games. Hartley comes across as a smart cookie and has your team organised and set up not to lose goals which gives a good foundation for survival in this league.

The thing is, St Mirren have a decent squad and should be sitting comfortably mid table each season. Albeit a cup win, the current and the previous manager are/were poor. St Mirren need an upcoming young manager to take the club forward.

Wee diddy club that is top of the league for the second successive season and continually finishes ahead of clubs end of season with much more resources, bigger spending budgets and thousands more supporters. ;)

I will give your club the respect you deserve once you win a trophy - until then you are a wee diddy club :)

The thing is, St Mirren have a decent squad and should be sitting comfortably mid table each season. Albeit a cup win, the current and the previous manager are/were poor. St Mirren need an upcoming young manager to take the club forward.

Ian Murray would be a good shout.

Oh you fucker.

I called it a must win game and we did. Our worst performance of the season by some distance with a lot of injured 1st team players and still coming back to Dundee with 3 precious points.

I thought st Mirren were decent, just as I thought from highlights against Motherwell, but if you can't beat your expected relegation rivals at home when they are at their worst you have serious problems.

2 man city boys look decent and Goodwin played very well but if your reliant on loanee kids and a certifiable loony then,again, you have serious problems.

Great support (as per) and great 3 points.

The level of arrogance on display from supporters of the clubs we've played has been pleasing and still shows no sign of easing off. We don't have a divine right to be here but most Dundee fans have a pretty good memory of their team playing regularly in the top flight and have a fair idea what it takes.

3 big games coming up that will give us an idea of our place in this league but at this point I don't think we are a bottom 2 team.

Mcpake and Konrad could be what keeps us up despite being consistently told by more knowledgable fans of more established clubs that 1 is not good enough whilst the other is unproven but from a poor standard and won't cut it.

Delightful.

Really pleased to get the win. Thought McPake, Konrad and McAlister were very good. Irvine constantly made me nervous.

Harkins is unbelievably frustrating. You know he's a player that can produce a moment of magic that wins you a game, but when he has a day like today he's just a passenger.

Nice finish from Peaso. I thought he was going to f**k it up :lol:

St Mirren's finishing was woeful. At least three gilt-edged chances where it looked easier to score, including the cross of the season low across the goal early in the second half.

Just back. Not quite sure how we won it but I'm delighted. Some of the chances St Mirren were missing were beyond belief and when Thompson come on I was fearing the worst - but luckily their chances seemed to dry up after he come on. Goal was brilliantly taken by Peaso and the first touch was sublime. Standouts for me were our 2 centre backs - both fantastic - St Mirren's chances were no fault of theirs as it was all coming from shite play from our full backs. Tank was a wee bit better today but still didn't do enough and Peaso changed the game - won every header and held it up perfectly. Great result, still unbeaten, happy days.

And you, my friend, have summed up the malaise which has troubled St.Mirren for a good few years now.

That's hardly an exclusive club considering our awful home record.

Today's win was only our 3rd home win in the league under Hughes since he became our manager.

Drawing 0-0 was not a massive achievement for you.

It was for your mob though ..... :1eye

How the f**k did we lose that, but at the end of the day goals win games . To be frank though Dundee will struggle this season on that showing, Hamilton were far better. That's 2 games out of 3 we've been by far the better team and lost, all we're missing is goals but now Thompson is back I reckon we will be ok.

Dundee will struggle this season though, they were very poor to be honest.

How the f**k did we lose that, but at the end of the day goals win games . To be frank though Dundee will struggle this season on that showing, Hamilton were far better. That's 2 games out of 3 we've been by far the better team and lost, all we're missing is goals but now Thompson is back I reckon we will be ok.

Dry yer eyes mate, FFS.

post-32505-14088216233196_thumb.jpg

Archived