St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

Wonder if we will start Goodwin and Osbourne? Some on BAWA are advocating it.

Would mean we'd certainly win the battle in the middle, but would result in us losing creativity in there and primarily relying on our full backs to start our attacks. Would also mean either McLean or McGinn would need to be shifted out wide, so not for me.

With the two new signings it's pretty tough to judge how we will line up. Brown will certainly drop out, and I think Marwood should too. I reckon we will look something like:

Kello

Naismith

McAusland

Plummer

Tesselar

Osbourne

McGinn

Drury

McLean

Wylde

Ball

Interesting line-up. I actually think McGinn could get at either of the Dundee full backs. Dyer is a solid first division player but is a liittle out of his depth at this level. McGinn will take time to settle and Irvine although more experienced is pretty shite.

I can't see Ozzy and Goodwin starting at home unless Uncle Tommy uses them as a platform for three attack minded players in front of them supporting the front man.

Osbourne Goodwin

McGinn McLean Wylde

This should take pressure off of the sieve at the back and get players into positions that could hurt the Dundee backline.

Dundee may look to bring some muscle into their midfield otherwise they could be over run as Tankulic struggles to hold the ball up.

I think St Mirren could break their league duck for the season with a 2-0 or 3-1 win.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, I've just skimmed through this thread and a large percent of the Dundee fans have shat themselves here. The meltdown, the tears and the snotters that will result from a St Mirren victory is going to be hilarious.

Anyone would think you were a St. Mirren fan soupy CB.

No Surrender

Does anyone remember the 'Dundee Derry Boys' thread?

It was started by Captain Sensible in about 06 I think. I'm sure it got to about 50 pages and was one of the best threads I've ever read on here.

Can't find it though :(

I hope Osbourne starts tomorrow instead of Goodwin and Drury starts on the right. I've not been impressed with Ball so far so I'd drop him and play Caldwell or Marwood up front and then look to bring Thompson on later in the second half.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kelly coming on and getting a shot on the left wing, I think he could do well there.

Interesting line-up. I actually think McGinn could get at either of the Dundee full backs. Dyer is a solid first division player but is a liittle out of his depth at this level. McGinn will take time to settle and Irvine although more experienced is pretty shite. I can't see Ozzy and Goodwin starting at home unless Uncle Tommy uses them as a platform for three attack minded players in front of them supporting the front man. Osbourne Goodwin McGinn McLean Wylde #9 This should take pressure off of the sieve at the back and get players into positions that could hurt the Dundee backline. Dundee may look to bring some muscle into their midfield otherwise they could be over run as Tankulic struggles to hold the ball up. I think St Mirren could break their league duck for the season with a 2-0 or 3-1 win.

The only thing I'll pick up on your view of Dundee fullbacks is that Dyer had a poor game against you, he's come on leaps and bounds and has generally been better than you saw at Dens last weekend. I'd agree with the rest and to be honest I don't know enough about St. Mirren to comment but you seem to know your stuff (not taking the piss). Its always good to get a more dispassionate view of the team, cheers (I think with that score prediction :( ).

You are a tedious troll the rubbish you post offends my eyes please f**k off from Dundee threads. You are like an annoying younger sibling looking for some kind of acknowledgement. So take this post as a patronizing pat on the head and run along now there's a good chap!

lf9bQ10.gif

Anyone would think you were a St. Mirren fan soupy CB.

I honestly think this is the first time I've commented on anything to do with St Mirren. As I've already stated on several occasions if I had an allegiance to any Premiership team it would be Thistle. I think you've been reading a little too much Agatha Christie.

lf9bQ10.gif

I honestly think this is the first time I've commented on anything to do with St Mirren. As I've already stated on several occasions if I had an allegiance to any Premiership team it would be Thistle. I think you've been reading a little too much Agatha Christie.

Well that's good enough for me. If I recall correctly, you were more about the rules of the game and who was in charge.

But you see, I'm not saying we won't lose. I think Dundee might win on Saturday, I'm certainly not confident enough to bet anything on the result either way.

You're the one that says 'we won't lose'. You're the confident one.

So... Retire for good if you do? Or are you not that confident?

Chicken.

:lol:

http://dundeetactics.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/st-mirren-v-dundee-preview/

There's the DT preview.

I reckon if anything, you boys should focus your attacks down your right on Gary Irvine who is gonna play there tomorrow at LB for us.

Midfield wise is gonna be the interesting part as it has been so far this season for us. We need oto see more high pressure.

There's the DT preview.

I reckon if anything, you boys should focus your attacks down your right on Gary Irvine who is gonna play there tomorrow at LB for us.

Midfield wise is gonna be the interesting part as it has been so far this season for us. We need oto see more high pressure.

Well that was a load of shite.

How many players has "dirty" Jim Goodwin injured in the last couple of seasons.

Us lining up without McGinn? Doubtful.

Deestruction, on 23 Aug 2014 - 00:32, said:

There's the DT preview.

If Dyer misses out, I reckon McGinn will play LB and Irvine will slot in at RB.

Interesting line-up. I actually think McGinn could get at either of the Dundee full backs. Dyer is a solid first division player but is a liittle out of his depth at this level. McGinn will take time to settle and Irvine although more experienced is pretty shite.I can't see Ozzy and Goodwin starting at home unless Uncle Tommy uses them as a platform for three attack minded players in front of them supporting the front man.Osbourne GoodwinMcGinn McLean Wylde#9This should take pressure off of the sieve at the back and get players into positions that could hurt the Dundee backline. Dundee may look to bring some muscle into their midfield otherwise they could be over run as Tankulic struggles to hold the ball up.I think St Mirren could break their league duck for the season with a 2-0 or 3-1 win.
The only thing I'll pick up on your view of Dundee fullbacks is that Dyer had a poor game against you, he's come on leaps and bounds and has generally been better than you saw at Dens last weekend. I'd agree with the rest and to be honest I don't know enough about St. Mirren to comment but you seem to know your stuff (not taking the piss). Its always good to get a more dispassionate view of the team, cheers (I think with that score prediction :( ).
Nae bather Roots, I'm pretty poor at score predictions so don't worry about that, and my thoughts are based on last week and watching the biddies four times last season and the brief highlightsa few times A bit of a worry that Dyer is out as he is defin your best option at left back. Our own Jordy McMillan is out for a few weeks too after doing his hamstring last week. St Mirren are far from unbeatable and are perennial bottom sixers so as alluded to by a few of the biddies I wouldn't be shocked if Dundee took a positive result back to Tayside. Enjoy the game!

Archived