St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

De beers is my mates pub. He's a huge St Mirren fan and used to own the burger van (the one with the mark yardley breakfast) across the road from the ground, before selling up and buying the pub.

Shows all the football and has a really friendly atmosphere - will also get some good banter from Roy who is probably the most opinionated barman / person you'll ever meet - good value though!

Table tennis is also a nice touch as well.

Edit: after showing him original posts the Polish barmaid who is in fact his fiancée wants it to be known she is Slovakian, not Polish!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was going to have a look at somewhere, Paisley would be the last place i'd do it. Worst place i've seen in my life hands down. The pubs in Paisley are houffing of shite. Sportsters idea of a nice welcome is being served by a bearded woman with two teeth. Everything(!) shuts at 7 oclock in order for the pondlife to take over the streets.

Sporsters hasn't existed for years. The pub in quastion is now the Bankhouse and is fine. Plenty Saints fans, football on TV, decent grub and away supporter friendly (assuming you are the well behaved type)

Shows all the football and has a really friendly atmosphere - will also get some good banter from Roy who is probably the most opinionated barman / person you'll ever meet - good value though!

Has Dickson got a part-time job using his middle name?

Looks like God is still out but Wylde is fit. Reckon it'll be 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Goodwin in for Brown. Only big questions are who out of Marwood and Drury (and possibly Caldwell) plays wide right and who starts up front. Would imagine it'll be Ball.

Looks like God is still out but Wylde is fit. Reckon it'll be 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Goodwin in for Brown. Only big questions are who out of Marwood and Drury (and possibly Caldwell) plays wide right and who starts up front. Would imagine it'll be Ball.

It's like we have an embarrassment of non-goalscoring riches.

I'd still go Marwood - Ball - Wylde up front, with a view to bringing Drury on for Marwood and Caldwell for Ball, if the starters aren't performing.

With our first choice three in midfield, though, you'd hope we'll be a better side than the one that played Accies.

De beers is my mates pub. He's a huge St Mirren fan and used to own the burger van (the one with the mark yardley breakfast) across the road from the ground, before selling up and buying the pub.

Table tennis is also a nice touch as well.

Edit: after showing him original posts the Polish barmaid who is in fact his fiancée wants it to be known she is Slovakian, not Polish!

Where the hell is that?

harry94, on 20 Aug 2014 - 16:53, said:

Referee for the match is John Beaton. Dundee have never lost a match with him in charge, St Mirren have lost once. Gives Dundee the edge IMO.

How many times has he refereed for us before? If it's once and the match was a draw then I'll just not bother going.

How many times has he refereed for us before? If it's once and the match was a draw then I'll just not bother going.

Oops turns out we have lost under him.

Refereed:

Dundee 1-1 Queen of the South (10th April 2012)

Celtic 2-0 Dundee (22nd September 2012)

Motherwell 1-1 Dundee (10th November 2012)

Dundee 0-0 Kilmarnock (27th January 2013)

Dundee 1-0 Hearts (27th April 2013)

Raith 0-0 Dundee (24th August 2013)

Alloa 0-3 Dundee (26th April 2014)

Dundee fans seem to be basing St Mirren being shite on 1 bad performance against Hamilton, hopefully their players are thinking the same. We won't be that bad again that's for sure, and I reckon the smaller of the Dundee clubs are in for a pumping this Saturday, I can't wait!

Luther G Presley, on 20 Aug 2014 - 17:31, said:

Dundee fans seem to be basing St Mirren being shite on 1 bad performance against Hamilton, hopefully their players are thinking the same. We won't be that bad again that's for sure, and I reckon the smaller of the Dundee clubs are in for a pumping this Saturday, I can't wait!

Nah, can't see it, Ross County look abysmal.

StandFree03, on 20 Aug 2014 - 18:16, said:

Tempted to put a few quid on 3 or 4 nil to Dundee. Can see this being a rout tbh.

You better not be jinxing us!

Harkins is 9/1 first goal and 7/2 anytime - almost worth a punt that. McGowan is 10/1 first time and 4/1 any time.

Bet 365 also reckon Thomas Reilly is more likely to score for us than McLean or McGinn :blink:

Archived