St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

I seem to remember Lennon was hanging on for dear life to his job at this point last season?

After two games? No. After six games he was under pressure and a couple more bad results would have seen him sacked but he managed to turn it around.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After two games? No. After six games he was under pressure and a couple more bad results would have seen him sacked but he managed to turn it around.

He was also coming off the back of a terrible end to the season before as well, where we only finished something like 11 points off relegation, which had ramped up the pressure considerably.

I think it'll be really hard on Saturday. I'd take a draw just now to get us off the mark. We could do with scoring a goal as well.

RE Matchday pubs, I put this in the Dunfermline thread last week.

Away fans have two options really. One is to drink in Glasgow and get a train to Paisley St James - which is right across the road from the stadium. That's boring though!

The other is to get a train to Paisley Gilmour St and walk the 15 minutes or so from there to the ground and stop at pubs en route. There's a couple of routes you could go to the ground from PGS. You could exit rear of station and walk along St Jamss St/Underwood Road stopping at the Argyll Bar, the Court, The Alamo etc, (don't go to the Wig and Pen it's a Celtic bar) It's a shorter walk but not as interesting.

I'd recommend the more scenic and slightly longer walk through the west end. Exit station and walk up Gilmour St which is right infront of you and stop at Sportsters for a cheap and cheerful first drink.

Then turn right at the war memorial and walk up the pedestrianised high street. Just shops here no pubs. After the pedestrianised zone you can turn left down New Street and sample The Bull Inn and Paddy Malarky's. Two Paisley institutions which will be full of home fans on a matchday. Then back up to the road where you came from and turn left, the first pub you'll come to is the Wee Howff. Doesn't look much from the outside but is a Paisley classic and definitely worth a visit. Then exit and turn left, go a few doors down to De Beers. Not really a football pub but has some quality bar maids and a table tennis table.

Then turn left again and past the uni and into the fabled west end. In about 5 minutes you'll be at 3 pubs within a 20 yard radius. The Craigielea Bar, Rafferty's and The Tartan Rose. If you have time try all 3, if you have time for one go for the Tartan Rose if you have time for two go for the Tartan Rose and Rafferty's. Then it's a 10 minute downhill walk to the ground. Hope this helps!

This is an away trip, not Elton John's day out to Paisley. I don't want to be traipsing around Paisley seeing the sights. I'll be frequenting the first watering hole present and subsequently drinking. Maybe two pubs at most.

Are you saying the pubs in Paisley are too classy for you?:lol:

Oh, i'll have to go to the pub with the table tennis. Sounds marvellous. A couple of croissants and orange squashes beforehand too. How spiffing.

It's worth going to just to see the Polish girl that works behind the bar :wub: . I think you'd like the Wig and Pen, make sure you go there and don't forget to wear your colours ;)

If I was going to have a look at somewhere, Paisley would be the last place i'd do it. Worst place i've seen in my life hands down. The pubs in Paisley are houffing of shite. Sportsters idea of a nice welcome is being served by a bearded woman with two teeth. Everything(!) shuts at 7 oclock in order for the pondlife to take over the streets.

Speaking of rough pubs, the worst I've been to in Scotland is the 4J's outside Tannadice.

Last time I was there I was offered class A narcotics twice by two separate individuals, and that was on a Sunday morning.

Speaking of rough pubs, the worst I've been to in Scotland is the 4J's outside Tannadice.

Last time I was there I was offered class A narcotics twice by two separate individuals, and that was on a Sunday morning.

How was the product?

Archived