St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lex seems very quiet on this thread, especially since he was sure Dundee had signed a load of duds and would be relegation fodder. You'd think he would be very confident going into this match.

He's still working out the respective budgets.

I would stick with The Tank and Peaso upfront for this one, no point chopping and changing all the time this early in the season. I can see them both scoring against this very poor St Mirren side which will boost confidence. Bring Wighton on the last half an hour to score a brace.

Looking forward to visiting Legoland.

Lex seems very quiet on this thread, especially since he was sure Dundee had signed a load of duds and would be relegation fodder. You'd think he would be very confident going into this match.

You seem very obsessed with what other people and clubs are doing.

Not a St.Mirren thread goes by where you don't make an appearance one way or the other.

Sad b*****d.

If St Mirren stay up this season it'll be down to Steven Thompson. They look absolutely atrocious from the highlights I've seen. They're managed by a proven dud and look to have brought in a good few duds too.

I'd certainly be twitching if my team were to rely on a striker coming to the end of his career that has missed the majority of pre season.

If St Mirren stay up this season it'll be down to Steven Thompson. They look absolutely atrocious from the highlights I've seen. They're managed by a proven dud and look to have brought in a good few duds too.

I'd certainly be twitching if my team were to rely on a striker coming to the end of his career that has missed the majority of pre season.

Did you see the highlights of the Motherwell game? We certainly weren't atrocious as you say, lacking a cutting edge but excellent performance.

It's quite funny hearing some of the pish on here. St.Mirren are a proven top flight club and will see diddies like Dundee come and go- you's might be lucky and get two seasons with the elite of Scottish football this time around but I wouldn't bet on it.

Can't see a very high scoring game. 1-0 either way I think. Saw the highlights from the Hamilton game and both goals are very soft. Would give Wighton a chance, think he earned it after Saturday - possibly alongside Stewart or The Tank as Peaso has missed some good chances the past two games. Wighton to play on the shoulder with Stewart/Tank dropping deep to get the ball. Hope Luka's confidence isn't too shattered already, still think there's a player in there. Is Goodwin back for this one? Seems like St. Mirren could do with his experience in there after a couple of poor results.

Based on the highlights of two games, one of which most of our fans have conceded was one of our worst home performances for years?

Alrighty then.

Go back through the last few seasons and look how many people were queuing up to tell us we were "certs" and "guaranteed" to go down. Yet we're still here much to their annoyance. (hiya Stan ;))

I sympathise with your point about the manager, he wouldn't have been my first choice, but you're guilty of trying far too hard by labeling him a "proven dud".

anyone know if I need to get a special jab from my doctor before going to paisley,i don't want to catch any mutant virus.

Nae injections for ebola.

I don't think we were atrocious v Motherwell. I thought we were a bit unlucky in that game, Twardzik made some decent saves.

Against Hamilton we were shite however. They had their tactics spot on, we were soft with no defensive midfielder and no width. I don't think we've bought too badly. I think Marwood looks decent as does Plummer and Tesselaar.

Undoubtedly we rely on Thompson a bit too much but he is a good player at his level, so it is understandable.

Hopefully Wylde, Goodwin and Thompson will be back.

Nae injections for ebola.

I don't think we were atrocious v Motherwell. I thought we were a bit unlucky in that game, Twardzik made some decent saves.

Against Hamilton we were shite however. They had their tactics spot on, we were soft with no defensive midfielder and no width. I don't think we've bought too badly. I think Marwood looks decent as does Plummer and Tesselaar.

Undoubtedly we rely on Thompson a bit too much but he is a good player at his level, so it is understandable.

Hopefully Wylde, Goodwin and Thompson will be back.

Whats thompsons injury and will he be fit for dundee,wont goodwin be done with his ban for this game.

Amuses me that Dundee claim they want to see Goodwin playing. We are far less likely to lose with him on the pitch. The thought of entering such a crucial game with no holding midfielder scares the shit out of me, TBH.

Regardless, I've got a bad feeling about this one, but my head says 1-1. Harkins inside 20 minutes, Thommo to equalise in the last 15 after coming on as a late sub.

I also hope Gowser gets a good reception. Harkins, on the other hand, could go f**k himself, if only he could be bothered.

Amuses me that Dundee claim they want to see Goodwin playing. We are far less likely to lose with him on the pitch. The thought of entering such a crucial game with no holding midfielder scares the shit out of me, TBH.

Regardless, I've got a bad feeling about this one, but my head says 1-1. Harkins inside 20 minutes, Thommo to equalise in the last 15 after coming on as a late sub.

I also hope Gowser gets a good reception. Harkins, on the other hand, could go f**k himself, if only he could be bothered.

I certainly would rather Goodwin didn't play. He's clearly important to the way you play, and St. Mirren fans obviously rate him. Both goals you conceded to Hamilton came from a similar position on the edge of the box, and although the defending was awful, I'd imagine Goodwin wouldn't have let someone run at your back four the way the Hamilton player did for their first goal.

Be interesting to see if we play the same diamond formation how much space Harkins will get in the hole behind the strikers. Without Goodwin you might be vulnerable there.

I certainly would rather Goodwin didn't play. He's clearly important to the way you play, and St. Mirren fans obviously rate him. Both goals you conceded to Hamilton came from a similar position on the edge of the box, and although the defending was awful, I'd imagine Goodwin wouldn't have let someone run at your back four the way the Hamilton player did for their first goal.

Be interesting to see if we play the same diamond formation how much space Harkins will get in the hole behind the strikers. Without Goodwin you might be vulnerable there.

At the risk of uttering the most famous of last words, I'd be reasonably confident of Goodwin containing Harkins, and I think it'd be a contest worth watching. You rightly point out, though, that without JG sitting in, Harkins will probably have the freedom of SMP.

Goodwin will play, without him I'd expect a doing. Without a holding midfielder v Hamilton we were so soft and I think Goodwin would have helped the performance. He would probably not have let the Hamilton midfielders have the freedom of the park for the goals but also not let Alex Neil hammer everything that moved and stop McLean and McGinn playing.

It's one of the things I was raging about when he got stupidly booked at Motherwell, we need him in the middle and he can boss games at this level so the suspension hurt us v Hamilton and we turned in a shocker.

I suspect Harkins will have a blinder- fully expect him to score and be using the full box of tricks.

Either elbow or forearm is a red card offence so it's a moot point anyway. Unlucky.

Even worse when you consider he's supposed to be part of the coaching staff. What an excellent example to set to the rest of the squad.

It's not a moot point at all: I was mocking you for a basic failure to name body parts which, in the context, was entirely relevant.

Speaking of moot, though, I see your ongoing campaign of needily scrabbling for relevance in other teams' threads continues unabated.

Did your mum not hug you enough? Or did your dad hug you a bit too much? I can think of no other reason for the way you crave attention so desperately.

At the risk of uttering the most famous of last words, I'd be reasonably confident of Goodwin containing Harkins, and I think it'd be a contest worth watching. You rightly point out, though, that without JG sitting in, Harkins will probably have the freedom of SMP.

Flooding the middle of the park is definitely the best way to nullify any threat from us. Our lack of width was painfully exposed by Thistle in the first half last week. They knew that we try to play through the middle a lot and they got bodies around Harkins and McGowan. Particularly Osman, who played really well.

From the feeling on this thread it appears both teams play in a similar style, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a low scoring game with both teams cancelling each other out. I'd give Boyle a run out and drop one of our front two. Get him wide and running at your back four. Hopefully it'll give you lot something else to worry about!

Shut it you arsehole.

Show no mercy here Dundee. f**k these c***s, and don't stop till they're waving a white flag and bowing to their superior opponents. Old Tommy better have his inhaler at the ready, cause this ones a rout.

To Paisley we shall ride. Tommy's tears will make a tide. Goodwin and Turkey man in charge. Trouble looms large. We'll pump these Paisley tits. Put them along with the County, right in the shit. Then to the shitehouse shop opposite the away end. For a victorious kedge as to Dundee we tend. non deluded dee 17/08/14

giphy.gif

Archived