St Mirren vs Dundee FC - 23/08/14

Can imagine this thread will go swimmingly...

St Mirren look absolutely dire and offer nothing up front meanwhile we look very good, but also offer nothing up front. Looking forward to it and would love for us to get our first 3 points on the board!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Thompson will be back for this game...so we may not be entirely useless up front.

Also, I don't remember our threads last time yous were up being that bad...but maybe I've just blocked them from my memory.

No idea how this one will go. Play like we did against Motherwell with better finishing and we'll probably win. Play like we did against Accies and we'll get pumped. We really missed a bit of experience on Wednesday, so hopefully Goodwin (or another holding mid who I'm hoping we bring in) and Thommo will be back.

Will be first game of the season for me, looking forward to it.

Hopefully a vast improvment on last time out or we're likely to struggle. Desperately need God back for this one.

No doubt Gowser and XL Harkins will be fired up, probably Paul McGinn too will have a point to prove.

Is this German striker in danger of being binned already? Hope Wighton plays, would like to see him in action.

AberdeenBud, on 17 Aug 2014 - 00:05, said:

Will be first game of the season for me, looking forward to it.

Hopefully a vast improvment on last time out or we're likely to struggle. Desperately need God back for this one.

No doubt Gowser and XL Harkins will be fired up, probably Paul McGinn too will have a point to prove.

Is this German striker in danger of being binned already? Hope Wighton plays, would like to see him in action.

Don't think he's in danger of being binned. Looking at him overall, he looks to be by far our best striker. We've seen he's got what it takes, but since the season has started he's not looked a patch on the player he did pre-season. If Wighton plays (And it'd be hard to deny him a start after his performance yesterday) then we'll be going for our more 'traditional' formation of 4-2-3-1. I hope we do tbh, as we looked brilliant when we switched to that formation whereas we struggled massively without Thomson before that point.

Looks like next Saturday will be the tale of the Thom(P)son's. Both clubs need theirs back to be an effective unit.

fraser_smfc, on 17 Aug 2014 - 00:26, said:

Sorry, let's be serious and get this thread back on track.

1) Dundee United are a bigger and more successful club than Dundee.

2) Dundee have loyalist connections and are supported by Rangers sympathisers.

Discuss.

3) Fraser is a Dundee fan after letting his missus wear the boots for too long and take him to more than a few Dundee games.

Discuss.

Archived