Harthill Royal J.F.C.

Sweeger - L.U.F.C.

I spent 14 years at harthill as a player/asst manager and then manager and its about time the people of harthill did something for the club. When i speak to people now they don't believe i won 2 league titles and 2 cups when i played there. Without backing from there own village it doesn't look too good for the royal.

A lot of clubs are in the same boat regards to backing from villages in West Lothian noone seems interested watching their local side.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant see Harthill fielding a team this weekend with no players.Cant see them playing for a few werks until they rebuild a team as the current squad are reluctant to answer any correspondance from the club.I just hope the ersjfa committee are sympathetic with them and allow this to happen dont want to another team in South League to fold like last season.

Surely they will. Common sense must prevail.

Cant see Harthill fielding a team this weekend with no players.Cant see them playing for a few werks until they rebuild a team as the current squad are reluctant to answer any correspondance from the club.I just hope the ersjfa committee are sympathetic with them and allow this to happen dont want to another team in South League to fold like last season.

I agree, Harthill should perhaps be given a couple of weeks to get themselves sorted, that said, surely there has to be some sort of sanction for being unable to field a team ie. game awarded 3-0 to the opponents.

These players want to take a long hard look at themselves and dont get dictated to by the former manager,cos if these guys are under pro contract i would be letting them rot and stop them playing football for rest of the season.Good luck to Harthill and i hope they get it sorted out.And if Stoneyburn had any decency they shouldnt be trying to claim the 3 points.

These players want to take a long hard look at themselves and dont get dictated to by the former manager,cos if these guys are under pro contract i would be letting them rot and stop them playing football for rest of the season.Good luck to Harthill and i hope they get it sorted out.And if Stoneyburn had any decency they shouldnt be trying to claim the 3 points.

Aye, no doubt that would help right enough. Just keep them all registered and try to put a squad together with a limit of 25 players. And they'll soon regret their actions when they see their empty wage packets. I suspect this is a wee bit more complex than you suggest.

There was no dictating we as a squad agreed that our manager and his backroom staff had been in our eyes unfairly treated and so no longer felt we could play knowing what had went on at the club. People here throwing allegations about I would like to advise them to find out the facts first before critising anyone involved.

it's amazing how many comments come on here when they dont know half that goes on at that club and as for pro contracts and wages they boys will probably be paying for training and giving money out there pockets to help run the club all the way through pre season

Last season the lads paid for £3 a head training plus brought in £5 on a Saturday.took their own cars to away games without expenses,except a couple of games,Dunbar being one.

That is just a couple if things!!!

Not to mention fundraisers!!!

This year I've had lads travelling from hamilton,bellshill,Falkirk and even edinburgh!!!

All of who signed without any mention of wanting money as they knew/sorry thought there was no money!!!!! As we all did!!!!!

Do don't sit there and bring down lads who don't want to play for a man who lied to them!!!!

A few keyboard warriors on here. FACTS that's right get your facts first before you start saying people should hang there head in shame. Morton/McAllister/Carmichael did nothing wrong. The amount of hours and own money these guys put into the club should prove that. These lads brought in a great squad of players. Gave us first class training and had us all super fit. They way they have been treated by one man is shocking. Harthill isn't a club it is just one man running the show. The management had big plans for the club, they wanted to bring football back to the community and get the club up to other big community clubs standards having us players coach younger. Never to take over the club. They also had a few big sponsorship deals to come in but they wouldn't touch the club as one man was still in place. I feel sorry for these guys and loved working under them as a player any team would be lucky to have them as there management team.

A few keyboard warriors on here. FACTS that's right get your facts first before you start saying people should hang there head in shame. Morton/McAllister/Carmichael did nothing wrong. The amount of hours and own money these guys put into the club should prove that. These lads brought in a great squad of players. Gave us first class training and had us all super fit. They way they have been treated by one man is shocking. Harthill isn't a club it is just one man running the show. The management had big plans for the club, they wanted to bring football back to the community and get the club up to other big community clubs standards having us players coach younger. Never to take over the club. They also had a few big sponsorship deals to come in but they wouldn't touch the club as one man was still in place. I feel sorry for these guys and loved working under them as a player any team would be lucky to have them as there management team.

And you are?

Last season the lads paid for £3 a head training plus brought in £5 on a Saturday.took their own cars to away games without expenses,except a couple of games,Dunbar being one.

That is just a couple if things!!!

Not to mention fundraisers!!!

This year I've had lads travelling from hamilton,bellshill,Falkirk and even edinburgh!!!

All of who signed without any mention of wanting money as they knew/sorry thought there was no money!!!!! As we all did!!!!!

Do don't sit there and bring down lads who don't want to play for a man who lied to them!!!!

So if this true then,why did you stick around and become manager you were at the club last season,if this man is as bad as you say he is why didn't you leave when Robbo left.And i hardly think Harthill would have a biscuit tin with thousands of pounds in it.As for changing name to Polkemmet Juniors i can hardly see the locals flogging back to Gibbshill park because of that.Good luck finding a new job back in amatuer football atleast you will have your sheep to follow you where ever you go.

Reason I stayed to become manager is because we didn't quite know the scale of what was going on till recently,and it was a great step for me and my team,we merely put it down too slight mis management of funds,same as at home,,incoming and outgoings are tight but we still have the nights outs,takeaways etc,cut them out and things are easier.but like all these things once you start peeling back the layers it very quickly becomes apparent as tho the scale of it!!!!

And when we did we asked the question of the man about what we knew,and his answers were to walk out and say he was resigning!!! Now if they was me I'd be straight home for books etc to prove my innocence,instead he went under the radar for a week then had a committee ONLY meeting as at which we were sacked,no evidence was showing at any point of his innocence.the man didn't even have the guys to have us at the meeting,instead I got A TEXT next day telling me a letter would follow.

As for the name change.

If you were a decent player in your day then you should know if you take the blinkers off,lift your head and then you see the bigger picture.like many businesses that are not doing well,they re brand!...the name would stick with it's history as the club came from polkemmet amateurs,this could POSSIBLY,no one said it would definitely work,bring in new sponsors or committee,as guys who used to play for the club or their children etc may have their own business now and think,I'd like to help them out or go on the committee or simply come along,and with a couple doing that it can snow ball very quickly.

If it didn't work then we were only in the same place,nothing to loose at that point,harthill still has the potential to get back on it's feet if the right people are there.

And just for the record,see if the person had came back evidence proving his innocence then sacked us,then we would be having this debate as I'd agree that I could no longer carry on as the relationship was over anyone who asked I'd tell them that all the rumours of goings on were not true and move on!!!!

I look forward to your witty tho slightly arrogant response new mania,I've nothing to hide and everyone now knows who I am on here. And in fine with that.

So if there has been financial mis management have you reported it to the appropriate authorities?

If players are on a contract (even for no wage) surely they have to fullfill their contractual obligations ie keep playing or they could find themselves in a difficult position ie potential breach of contract?

Whatever the ins and outs I hope it gets sorted as always had a good welcome and last time I went they did a lovely pie.

Reason I stayed to become manager is because we didn't quite know the scale of what was going on till recently,and it was a great step for me and my team,we merely put it down too slight mis management of funds,same as at home,,incoming and outgoings are tight but we still have the nights outs,takeaways etc,cut them out and things are easier.but like all these things once you start peeling back the layers it very quickly becomes apparent as tho the scale of it!!!!

And when we did we asked the question of the man about what we knew,and his answers were to walk out and say he was resigning!!! Now if they was me I'd be straight home for books etc to prove my innocence,instead he went under the radar for a week then had a committee ONLY meeting as at which we were sacked,no evidence was showing at any point of his innocence.the man didn't even have the guys to have us at the meeting,instead I got A TEXT next day telling me a letter would follow.

As for the name change.

If you were a decent player in your day then you should know if you take the blinkers off,lift your head and then you see the bigger picture.like many businesses that are not doing well,they re brand!...the name would stick with it's history as the club came from polkemmet amateurs,this could POSSIBLY,no one said it would definitely work,bring in new sponsors or committee,as guys who used to play for the club or their children etc may have their own business now and think,I'd like to help them out or go on the committee or simply come along,and with a couple doing that it can snow ball very quickly.

If it didn't work then we were only in the same place,nothing to loose at that point,harthill still has the potential to get back on it's feet if the right people are there.

And just for the record,see if the person had came back evidence proving his innocence then sacked us,then we would be having this debate as I'd agree that I could no longer carry on as the relationship was over anyone who asked I'd tell them that all the rumours of goings on were not true and move on!!!!

I look forward to your witty tho slightly arrogant response new mania,I've nothing to hide and

everyone now knows who I am onhere. And in fine with that.

Well said Baz

As for the name change.

I look forward to your witty tho slightly arrogant response new mania,I've nothing to hide and everyone now knows who I am on here. And in fine with that.

I was told he did prove his innocense thats why he sacked you after your accusations,but im starting to doubt my source.

There is a lot of tit for tat here and its clear there must be two sides to this.......but can anybody actually update us with the current status as to the likelihood of the club fulfilling its fixture obligations this weekend and beyond?

There is a lot of tit for tat here and its clear there must be two sides to this.......but can anybody actually update us with the current status as to the likelihood of the club fulfilling its fixture obligations this weekend and beyond?

Its just a pity that the other said party wont come on p n b and give us the his version.

Archived