Mark Millar to Peterhead

He is so woeful that I would even be willing to trade him to Ayr for Scott McLaughlin. He really is that bad. :thumbsdown

He was great for Falkirk for spells but then would lose interest and sulk around for a bit. When he was up for it he dominated the midfield and drove everyone forward. Sounds like you got the sulky version.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if he has really got clear of injury since early in the season has really hampered him getting really involved in games for us or not but most games seem to pass him by without him doing anything that we would expect from any of our players as a minimum. He came with a reputation that maybe led us to believe he would add real class to our midfield but that has not happened. He has been given plenty game time when available but as mentioned we have other players that can contribute at least as much as Mark has managed & are probably going to be around longer term.

He was great for Falkirk for spells but then would lose interest and sulk around for a bit. When he was up for it he dominated the midfield and drove everyone forward. Sounds like you got the sulky version.

If when you say "a bit" you actually mean about 10 games then, yes, I would say you are right. :(

I would happily take that trade , McLaughlin is a complete McLaughlin

That could be one of the reasons for your managers failure & eventual loss of his job, we got rid of McLaughlan for creating problems in the dressing room don't know if he has been up to the same at Ayr or not.

That could be one of the reasons for your managers failure & eventual loss of his job, we got rid of McLaughlan for creating problems in the dressing room don't know if he has been up to the same at Ayr or not.

No it seems to be the opposite, he is one of the popular ones in there, Marko should have been sacked before he got the chance to sign Scotty anyway

There probably is a good player hiding in him he has just not shown it with us, maybe needs full time to keep him interested. Thought he would have pushed himself to try & get a contract at a higher level going by what was being said when he came but has not sold himself very well in his time with us.

Hopefully not us!

I wouldn't be surprised!!! Seems to be one of those players that the manager can't see past and the fans can't stand.

I am surprised how poor he has been for us given his reputation and the fact he needs to earn a contract somewhere.

Millar's been a good player at a higher level than this. I don't know what the issue is at the moment but if someone could get even his Falkirk form from last season out of him then he'd be a good signing for any team at this level.

Millar's been a good player at a higher level than this. I don't know what the issue is at the moment but if someone could get even his Falkirk form from last season out of him then he'd be a good signing for any team at this level.

Agreed, he was brilliant for Falkirk in the Championship so I don't see why he wouldn't be good at this level. Obviously something isn't right with him at Peterhead maybe he doesn't suit their playing style or isn't being used correctly. I'd still have him at Morton regardless of his poor season so far.

Agreed, he was brilliant for Falkirk in the Championship so I don't see why he wouldn't be good at this level. Obviously something isn't right with him at Peterhead maybe he doesn't suit their playing style or isn't being used correctly. I'd still have him at Morton regardless of his poor season so far.

Send up the registration form and I'll make sure it gets signed.

If he was so great at Falkirk - how come McPherson didn't manage to 'sell' him to Duffy when he became available. I wondered this at the time. Also - why did Falkirk let him go in the first place. I don't pretend that I know anything about Millar but, on this occasion (unpopular as it may be) Duffy appears to have called it right.

Edit to add... I was told tonight that the BMM was training with Thistle atm. He's a pal of Archibald apparently ?

If he was so great at Falkirk - how come McPherson didn't manage to 'sell' him to Duffy when he became available. I wondered this at the time. Also - why did Falkirk let him go in the first place. I don't pretend that I know anything about Millar but, on this occasion (unpopular as it may be) Duffy appears to have called it right.

Edit to add... I was told tonight that the BMM was training with Thistle atm. He's a pal of Archibald apparently ?

He was only on loan at Falkirk last season. He went looking for another top flight club after leaving Dundee utd and seemed to miss any chance of signing on again at Falkirk.

When he signed for Peterhead it was rumoured on our forum that he would be coming to Morton in January. Don't know how much truth there was in it.

I may have said that on the .org forum. The guy who told me was adamant at the time. I've spoken to him again and he was guarded this time. Think he's looking higher than League 1.

He was only on loan at Falkirk last season. He went looking for another top flight club after leaving Dundee utd and seemed to miss any chance of signing on again at Falkirk.

He didn't get on with Houston from their time together at Dundee Utd.

Archived