Ayr United v Forfar Athletic

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Templeman still with Forfar? Can't think we'll see much football from our visitors if he is.

Always a few goals between Ayr and Forfar though....would love to be unbeaten going into Tuesday night.

Same old shite about Templeman from someone who probably hasn't seen him for years. Playing some great football with Templeman in the side thank you.

Same old shite about Templeman from someone who probably hasn't seen him for years. Playing some great football with Templeman in the side thank you.

Seen him three times last season. not much football to behold. but i'm sure that has changed...

I always thought Templeman was a good player - one of these big guys who hated getting the ball fired towards his head all the time. Actually Forfar always seem to play their best football against us, in the midst of games either side where they apparently play hoof-ball shite. It's quite annoying.

Has Dick realised Templeman is great if you play it to feet instead of making him run the channels to get a sniff?

Has Dick realised Templeman is great if you play it to feet instead of making him run the channels to get a sniff?

'tis true. If our midfield and wingers play well Templeman looks good, if they don't or the opposition boss them then we, too easily, fall back on the hoofball.

Ayr United - Hutton Devlin Donald McKinlay Murphy Gilmour Forrest McLaughlin Donnelly McGovern McGill

Subs - Newman(GK), McArthur, Roberts, Muir, Shirkie, McKenzie

Interesting that Campbell isn't even on the bench.... being rested for Tuesday?

Ayr United - Hutton Devlin Donald McKinlay Murphy Gilmour Forrest McLaughlin Donnelly McGovern McGill

Subs - Newman(GK), McArthur, Roberts, Muir, Shirkie, McKenzie

Interesting that Campbell isn't even on the bench.... being rested for Tuesday?

Roberts said in the paper this week Campbell was working saturday but wouldnt have played anyway so he would have been rested

Roberts said in the paper this week Campbell was working saturday but wouldnt have played anyway so he would have been rested

Ah I see, I would probably go with the same team on Tuesday, don't want to unsettle the back 4 after a clean sheet.

Superb display today. A few squeaky bum moments with our passing around in defence. Good goal and a deffo penalty.

Bambi Templeton was up to his usual and lucky not to see a red for a lash out.

Sums up the harmony in the camp when everyone headed to the dug out to celebrate the opener!

Just seen the Stenny result and beginning to wonder if Lithgow was the weak link last year!

The "harmony in the camp" moment was what struck us too.

I know our Capt and Marko are thick as thieves, but good psychology from Scott to head where he did if indeed it was thought about.

Marko is going to have to go some to win back even the majority of our hard core fans, but have to say the way of going about his business this season does seem to be an improvement on the last. Maybe he is really learning his trade? Three games in it is too early to tell. We are permanently two injuries from a crisis at the moment so until the squad is complete I'm going to hold off on overreacting. I worry, for instance, is that Hutton's injury from the end of last season is still with him and he really needs an op, but as he is self employed he cannot afford the time off to get it done. Can we really rely just on Newman if it comes to the crunch?

Nice football so far though which ,as a Spurs fan, is the way I would prefer it. Dunfermline and Morton are surely still favorites to finish top two come the end of the season but if the remaining money is spent wisely I see no reason we should not reassess our realistic prospects as being top 4 again.

Pleasing.

My predicted top three were Pars, Morton, Ayr and I'd expect that to take shape before too long. I doubt we'd even win the play-offs if we got to them but it would be good to have a comfortable and enjoyable season.

There are a couple of players still to bring in, so hopefully we can bring in a couple of bodies that will see us keep the leaders within some kind of sight.

Archived