Third Round

Sat 06 Dec - Heriot-Watt 0-3 Leith

Sat 07 Feb - Whitehill v Lothian Thiste

Tue 10 Feb - Spartans v Edinburgh City

Vale of Leithen v Gretna

Semi-Finals

Tue 24 Feb - Leith v Spartans/Edinburgh City

Whitehill/Lothian v Vale/Gretna

Vale v Gretna there is no date set for this yet.

if you look at the post correctly

each game has a date attached to it

the two Gretna fixtures have not,

so as yet are still to be arranged

Yes I know.

However one person has already asked me about it, referring to this post on P&B. It obviously caused them some confusion so rather than condesendendly point out the layout of the post and question their reading skills, I thought that I would clarify the post. Just in case there were some other poor unfortunates who perhaps do not have our clarity of understanding of HJ's original post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooft :o. Must be a while since City humped their derby rivals by 3 goals at their place. City's second win at AP this season, too.

Third Round
Tue 10 Feb - Spartans 0-3 Edinburgh City
? Vale of Leithen v Gretna

? Whitehill Welfare v Lothian Thistle

Semi-Finals
Tue 24 Feb - Leith Athletic v Edinburgh City
? Whitehill/Lothian v Vale/Gretna

It was a comprehensive City performance and win tonight. Spartans looked jaded from Saturday...though in fairness it was two goalkeeping howlers which gave City the HT lead.3rd goal was a brilliant long range effort.Spartans did have the ball in the net twice 2nd half, but ruled offside...Ref was card happy throughout.

Oooft :o. Must be a while since City humped their derby rivals by 3 goals at their place. City's second win at AP this season, too.

Third Round

Tue 10 Feb - Spartans 0-3 Edinburgh City

? Vale of Leithen v Gretna

? Whitehill Welfare v Lothian Thistle

Semi-Finals

Tue 24 Feb - Leith Athletic v Edinburgh City

? Whitehill/Lothian v Vale/Gretna

Although I notice that you failed to mention that they have also been beaten by us as well, I think we are the only team outside of the top 4 leagues to have notches a victory against them.

Our main focus is now on the potential Edinburgh derby against the team but a stones throw away from the mighty Meadowbank!

Grimbo

Although I notice that you failed to mention that they have also been beaten by us as well, I think we are the only team outside of the top 4 leagues to have notches a victory against them.

Our main focus is now on the potential Edinburgh derby against the team but a stones throw away from the mighty Meadowbank!

Grimbo

Brora and Spartans are the only teams to have beaten City this season.

Would have thought Spartans main focus would have been getting passed Berwick not who they might play in the next round.

Brora and Spartans are the only teams to have beaten City this season.

Would have thought Spartans main focus would have been getting passed Berwick not who they might play in the next round.

Oh yeah I forget about Brora.

I would say our focus to getting the derby is 1st of all beating Berwick too, my I am a scatter brain eh?

Grimbo

Oh yeah I forget about Brora.

I would say our focus to getting the derby is 1st of all beating Berwick too, my I am a scatter brain eh?

Grimbo

So has Spartans cup game on sat been cancelled or are you just giving up on the last real chance to win a trophy this season?

Newky do you mind & leave my trumpet alone, You don't hear me blowing yours eh?

;)

Grimbo

Apologies grim,still in with a chance in league cup to. Nae need for calling me a trumpet tho lol. Was only wondering why ur main focus isn't on your next game that's all. I would imagine dougie would want to play a reasonably strong team as well as resting some of his important players like beesley and bremner.

Apologies grim,still in with a chance in league cup to. Nae need for calling me a trumpet tho lol. Was only wondering why ur main focus isn't on your next game that's all. I would imagine dougie would want to play a reasonably strong team as well as resting some of his important players like beesley and bremner.

It was Newky I was calling.

I'm sure Sammy will have his plans afoot on how to maintain ALL our cup pushes.

Brucey got his 1st game in last night & Sivey was there at 1/2 time kicking a ball & Herdy is about as well, so yeah not only do we want to win some Cups we've got players we need to get back to fitness, so Sammy will make sure that as many of our players are available as possible.

Luckily we've still got Cup matches there to keep the lads match fit.

Grimbo

Grimbo

aye, but you won't be playing Leith Athletic in the semis now, will you?! :P

Haven't worked out the area covered by the two senior Leagues, but it's nice that the two leaders play less than a hundred yards apart.

I was just about to post it must be the closest derby in the world eh?

Grimbo

Archived