Yet another "briefed" politician sticks his oar in...

Confidemus

Slightly different in that Australia was colonised, Scotland was not. Scotland joined with England to build the UK.

Ah yes, when England wanted a Union pushed through fear of another foreign king on their throne (all through accident because their own line failed). That plus the decision making / corrupt Scottish politicians of the time being heavily bribed by their southern counterparts and going against the view of the Scottish public who were fiercely against any union by a huge majority.

300 years of union history starting with that followed by years of invasion, slave trading etc to build what was formerly powerful nation now falling on it's arse pretending otherwise. Well worth celebrating and using as a sentimental reason not to break up the Union.

Will next month be the first time in history that the Scottish people have been asked if they want anything to do with the union?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah yes, when England wanted a Union pushed through fear of another foreign king on their throne (all through accident because their own line failed). That plus the decision making / corrupt Scottish politicians of the time being heavily bribed by their southern counterparts and going against the view of the Scottish public who were fiercely against any union by a huge majority.

300 years of union history starting with that followed by years of invasion, slave trading etc to build what was formerly powerful nation now falling on it's arse pretending otherwise. Well worth celebrating and using as a sentimental reason not to break up the Union.

Will next month be the first time in history that the Scottish people have been asked if they want anything to do with the union?

A hundred or so gentlemen took us into the union, the same ones that gambled, lost then sold their souls to get their cash back.

Strange.

I don't seem to recall the same outrage when this happened :-

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2014/may/former-irish-minister-backs-yes

Any reason?

Welcoming this, SNP MSP for Kilmarnock and Irvine Valley Willie Coffey said:

“This is fantastic endorsement from a respected figure and friend of Scotland across the Irish Sea.

Strange.

I don't seem to recall the same outrage when this happened :-

http://www.snp.org/media-centre/news/2014/may/former-irish-minister-backs-yes

Any reason?

Welcoming this, SNP MSP for Kilmarnock and Irvine Valley Willie Coffey said:

This is fantastic endorsement from a respected figure and friend of Scotland across the Irish Sea.

Can you quote the part of this endorsement that says "BT are not friends of justice and freedom" If you can I shall be suitably outraged.

Can you quote the part of this endorsement that says "BT are not friends of justice and freedom" If you can I shall be suitably outraged.

Right.

So the concern isn't with foreign politicians sticking their oar in in general? You are OK with foreign politicians expressingthe view that Scotland should vote No?

Strange, I seem to remember similar outrage when Obama expressed a view. But not when this random Irishman decided to butt in.

Right.

So the concern isn't with foreign politicians sticking their oar in in general? You are OK with foreign politicians expressingthe view that Scotland should vote No?

Strange, I seem to remember similar outrage when Obama expressed a view. But not when this random Irishman decided to butt in.

There's nothing strange about it. You're employing weak whataboutery, which is nothing new.

Deflect away to your hearts content.

Right.

No I haven't any concern that someone has a rational opinion on independence. I am concerned that you haven't condemned Abbot for a view that is blatantly offensive no matter what side you maybe voting in September.

Right.

Which of these countries are in the British isles?

Which are thousands of miles away?

No I haven't any concern that someone has a rational opinion on independence. I am concerned that you haven't condemned Abbot for a view that is blatantly offensive no matter what side you maybe voting in September.

^^^^Good point. ^^^^

Are you standing shoulder to shoulder with his views on this HB?

Think HBs missing the Bairn doing his dirty work?

Abbott is a useful political weathervane. Essentially if you agree with him, you are in the wrong, no matter the subject. The No camp would actually gain more credibility if the ghost of Jimmy Savile was to rise from the ground and hand out No stickers.

But Savile was a yes supporter.

106691026_296395c.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28814936

Amongst his "not for a moment do I presume to tell Scottish voters which way they should vote, but..." chat we get Australian PM Tony Abbott coming out with these little gems:

"hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland"

Those who would like to see the UK break up were "not the friends of justice... [or] freedom"

"But as a friend of Britain, as an observer from afar, it's hard to see how the world would be helped by an independent Scotland.

"I think that the people who would like to see the break-up of the United Kingdom are not the friends of justice, the friends of freedom, and the countries that would cheer at the prospect... are not the countries whose company one would like to keep."

You can almost hear Westminster whispering in his ear. Clearly briefed by them, these are some of the most idiotic comments yet.

he can "piss off" as well nothing to do with him, only thing this will do is cause a abundance of "seethe" among the "Yessrs"

Archived