Scottish Cup

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself and a few other Ross County fans (4 others in my group but there were a few more present in the ground) went along to the Edinburgh City vs Brora Rangers match, since County don't play until Monday night. Partly supporting the Highland team, partly to see some ex-County players (mainly Kettlewell), and a third part hoping to see a decent game.

I missed the opening goal but Edinburgh posed a threat until Brora snatched the third. Brora were fairly comfortable in the second half, without ever forcing the City goalkeeper into too many saves - they controlled the game, obviously knowing they had done enough to win. City's second goal was terrific though, a great finish from that distance, but I never thought they were going to snatch an equaliser (until Malin had that late fumble). They can probably count themselves unlucky for the second goal, a massive deflection by the looks of things, and the goalkeeper should have kept out the third (didn't seem to cover himself in glory).

Outstanding result from Spartans and Edinburgh City ran Brora close so well done to them too. Can't read too much into a couple or results as far as LL relative place in the sun goes, but surely we will get a bit more respect now. The league has only been in existence for one and a bit seasons and days like yesterday and the week to week internal competition , with all teams capable of a result bodes well for future progress.

Grim was on steward duty on his toes all day trying to keep the young spartans fans and the clyde nutters apart. Did a great job if he got a pint last night he earned it top man.

Wouldn't envy his task, as Clyde have picked up a few morons over the years with delusions of turning them into a certain other club's "Mini Me". If they move out of Cumbernauld, that should be the last they'll see of them however.

Pity about the sending off, as they could be doing with Siev' in the next round especially if they get a big draw, but well done anyway on a convincing win.

Myself and a few other Ross County fans (4 others in my group but there were a few more present in the ground) went along to the Edinburgh City vs Brora Rangers match, since County don't play until Monday night. Partly supporting the Highland team, partly to see some ex-County players (mainly Kettlewell), and a third part hoping to see a decent game.

I missed the opening goal but Edinburgh posed a threat until Brora snatched the third. Brora were fairly comfortable in the second half, without ever forcing the City goalkeeper into too many saves - they controlled the game, obviously knowing they had done enough to win. City's second goal was terrific though, a great finish from that distance, but I never thought they were going to snatch an equaliser (until Malin had that late fumble). They can probably count themselves unlucky for the second goal, a massive deflection by the looks of things, and the goalkeeper should have kept out the third (didn't seem to cover himself in glory).

Thought Brora won with a bit to spare. They had it wrapped up by half time p. In the second half they took their foot off the gas. Having seen the previous City tie against Talbot, Brora looked a class above the top juniors and played a more fluid game, able to vary their tactic. Didn't like the Broar no 11 - Greir I think- who seemed to fall in a heap when someone breathed on him.

Agree with what has previously been said in that Brora deserved to win and seemed to have a little lift in reserve during the second half. City have done themselves and the Lowland League proud and should now focus on winning the league to get another go at Brora in what would be a great double header at the end of the season.

Congratulations to Spartans on their win and I hope they get a favourable draw this afternoon.

Has Gim sobered up yet, great weekend for him?

Archived