Scottish Cup

No problem at all with the price just curious. It's good that they're making hay while the sun shines by getting a few extra quid out of guys like myself who don't normally go. The cash will come in handy for a push to get into League 2.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem at all with the price just curious. It's good that they're making hay while the sun shines by getting a few extra quid out of guys like myself who don't normally go. The cash will come in handy for a push to get into League 2.

& guys like me too, the season ticket doesn't cover the Cup games.

Grimbo

Quite right to charge that they are representing the lowland league and should be able to make some money out of it well done Spartans for getting this far are other teams telling me that they wouldn't do the same of course they would imo

Do both clubs not have to agree the price for cup games? May well be Morton who have influenced the charge being made.

If I remember correctly there is a minimum charge for each round or both clubs can agree on a higher amount. If they cannot agree on an admission charge, the usual admission charge for the ground applies or the minimum for that particular round. I am not sure what the minimum is for round four.

If I remember correctly there is a minimum charge for each round or both clubs can agree on a higher amount. If they cannot agree on an admission charge, the usual admission charge for the ground applies or the minimum for that particular round. I am not sure what the minimum is for round four.

£8

we've actually had quite a lot of positive feedback on twitter that the prices are good. You're the first I've seen who feels this is too much, but appreciate that everyone has differing opinions. We do all we can to provide affordable football. We sti have one of the cheapest season tickets in the LL.

We are one of the few too who will be allowing all under 12s in for free. Prices must be agreed by both sides in this so it's not that we've just decided a price.

£12 for a spartans game isn't fair enough at all it was 8 last round why not stay at 8 or put it up 1 or 2 pound extra, I would hate to see the prices if they got one of the old firm

£12 for a Morton game is less than the going rate however and I don't see too many complaints from our side.

Whilst football in this country is overpriced in general, this is far from the worst instance of fleecing fans.

£12 for a spartans game isn't fair enough at all it was 8 last round why not stay at 8 or put it up 1 or 2 pound extra, I would hate to see the prices if they got one of the old firm

They would have to agree the price with Morton who I think normally take £15, Clyde obviously agreed to £8 as they charge less and are a division below Morton.

Don't really see the problem here. If they'd gone halfway between what Spartans normally charge (£6) and what Morton normally charge (£15), that would have been £10.50. Obviously, you wouldn't charge something ending 50p, for convenience... so basically the prices are only £1 more than if it was exactly halved. Given it's a Last 32 tie, that seems fairly reasonable. Plus letting primary kids in free won't happen everywhere.

£12 for a 4th Round tie is fair enough,

Of course Edinburgh City fans my have to get used to paying that next season for their League games.

Not necessarily, tbf... Annan asked under £10 when first promoted. Annan, Albion Rovers and East Stirlingshire currently charge £10 flat. Elgin charge £10 with an extra £2 to sit. If anyone from LL goes up they could probably happily charge something like £8.

Whereas in Gretna we could charge an extra £2 to stand up and a pound every time you nip out for a fag. £50 on the gate just from Irishmen!

Fair enough, as long as I'm not charged extra for going to the bar.

Could be quite expensive!

Archived