Scottish Cup

Outstanding performance from Spartans on Saturday. They throughly deserved the victory and it was difficult to tell who was the SPFL side at times. Clyde were very disapointing, although great credit to Spartans for not alllowing them to play. Keith Mcleod had a great 60 or so minutes and gave Spartans a real outlet and Jack Beesley tormented the Clyde full back on more than one occassion.

Decent wee crowd at Ainslie Park, 611, which was more than was at a number of the other Scottish Cup games. Looking forward to the 4th round draw later!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself and a few other Ross County fans (4 others in my group but there were a few more present in the ground) went along to the Edinburgh City vs Brora Rangers match, since County don't play until Monday night. Partly supporting the Highland team, partly to see some ex-County players (mainly Kettlewell), and a third part hoping to see a decent

I missed the opening goal but Edinburgh posed a threat until Brora snatched the third. Brora were fairly comfortable in the second half, without ever forcing the City goalkeeper into too many saves - they controlled the game, obviously knowing they had done enough to win. City's second goal was terrific though, a great finish from that distance, but I never thought they were going to snatch an equaliser (until Malin had that late fumble). They can probably count themselves unlucky for the second goal, a massive deflection by the looks of things, and the goalkeeper should have kept out the third (didn't seem to cover himself in glory).

I don't quite get your quote "The goalkeeper should have kept out the third" I thought it was a good finish by the Brora player and most goalkeepers at any level would not have saved it.

Talking of GM. we were unlucky to lose at theirs in that other training cup thingy, but that was at theirs, it might not be a walk in the park at ours but it'll be a day to remember & my money will be on us to WIN.

& I was also at the AirieOnions game a few years back & how that game ever got played on that swamp of a pitch I'll never know, still we were unlucky not to get a draw there, so no fear about if they come to ours, mind you I suspect there's been a few personnel changes since then?

I will have to do another "lucky" 3 (part 2) episode when we know who we are facing, it obviously scared the bejezzus out of the Clyde.

Grim

I don't quite get your quote "The goalkeeper should have kept out the third" I thought it was a good finish by the Brora player and most goalkeepers at any level would not have saved it.

Must have been the angle I was at. Looked like it went through his hands. The highlights show that it was a pretty good finish (although I'm disappointed I missed the first City goal, that's a nice strike).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again HJ. Not a huge sum of money but didnt think going to the game at that level was so pricey. Have they upped the cost for the cup game?

All clubs at this level up the prices for the big Cup, which are agreed by both clubs. £12/£8 isn't extortionate is it? It was £8/£5 for the last round. 600 folk turned up to that one we don't get anywhere near that for our League matches which are cheaper still.

Grimbo

Archived