Scottish Cup

Definitely seems determined to have an argument that none of the genuine LL or Talbot fans on here seem to be interested in having. Edinburgh City pumped Shotts Bon Accord 4-1 a couple of seasons back. Think most people who follow the juniors closely would have remembered that scoreline and would have grasped that they were no pushovers.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edinburgh City have won more Scottish Cup ties than any other non-league club since the reorganization of the Scottish Cup. They have a great record against clubs from the Highland league.

If they are odds against when they play Brora, a very good side, then that will be value.

Edinburgh City have won more Scottish Cup ties than any other non-league club since the reorganization of the Scottish Cup. They have a great record against clubs from the Highland league.

If they are odds against when they play Brora, a very good side, then that will be value.

Gonna trust you on that but it surprised me as they've not exactly been league high fliers during that time.

Bookies should have Brora big favourites though- think they are the one non league team who would always be favourites against another non league team wherever they play. He'll, they were a shade favourite to beat east fife in the petrofac.

So it's a big well done and congratulations to Edinburgh City who can now look forward to their tie against Brora Rangers. Meadowbank should get a good crowd for this and City with home advantage will quietly fancy their chances.

East Kilbride and Spartans can once again pit their whi'ts against each other with the eventual winners hosting Clyde. Again this would be a tie with home advantage that either of the Lowland League teams would be looking to win.

Good luck to Edinburgh City, East Kilbride and Spartans, keep the Lowland League flag flying.

As for the other teams that participated, unlucky especially Gretna 2008 who fell to a 92nd minute deflected goal. Better luck next year.

What a strange person!

Definitely seems determined to have an argument that none of the genuine LL or Talbot fans on here seem to be interested in having.

Wait, what? You mean the Bot fans & you that have ONLY ever come on here to noise up the LL people, say how crap the clubs are, "non-pyramid that won't last", etc. Any other occasion no one will see you for dust. There's a reason why Juniors posters are regarded (unfairly) as the forum remedial cases, & it's exactly this sort of shitgibbonry where your ilk ONLY bother interacting with other sections looking for bother.

Or to put it another way, why don't Linlithgow Rose fans - a club as successful as Talbot - not draw the same reflex chorus of "just f**k off" the moment they appear outside the Junior section. :whistle

Aye, truth hurts.

Getting more bizarre by the post.

Oh that's good to hear that you now are embracing the pyramid & support the Lowland League, see leopards can change their spots, well done Lurky ol lad.

Grimbo

Am I right in saying Spartans have never beaten East Kilbride since they came into the Lowland League? If so can any Spartans or EK fan tell why the hell Skybet has EK priced at a very generous 9/5 at home this Saturday?

IMO a very tasty price that I might well jump on!

Am I right in saying Spartans have never beaten East Kilbride since they came into the Lowland League? If so can any Spartans or EK fan tell why the hell Skybet has EK priced at a very generous 9/5 at home this Saturday?

IMO a very tasty price that I might well jump on!

Because Spartans are League Champions & it stands to reason that the law of averages we will win this time. ;)

Grimbo

I'm thinking of going to the Edinburgh City v Brora game in the next round as Hearts aren't playing that weekend. Should be interesting to see especially as these could be the teams that end up in the promotion playoffs at the end of the season.

I'm thinking of going to the Edinburgh City v Brora game in the next round as Hearts aren't playing that weekend. Should be interesting to see especially as these could be the teams that end up in the promotion playoffs at the end of the season.

I would have liked to have been at that game too but unfortunately we will be playing Clyde on that day. ^_^

Grimbo

• 2 weeks later...

Brora's chairman doesn't seem to think much of City. In an interview on their website he thinks they'll beat them and is already looking toward the R4 draw!!

http://www.brorarangersfc.co.uk/club/267420/News/view/865385

Champions; Chairman eyes more Silverware 20 Oct, 2014

Following the victory over Elgin City and retaining the North of Scotland Cup, Chairman John Young spoke to us and made it clear he feels there is more to come from the Cattachs.

“A great achievement and hopefully it wont be the last trophy we will be winning this season. We have a fantastic team here and if we can keep them together we will certainly win more trophies.”
“Elgin, to my opinion today, were very disappointing. They are really a Highland League team and if that is the standard of League 2 we have nothing really to worry about.”
“I cant see us winning the Scottish Cup but I think we will get past Edinburgh City and get a good draw in the next round.”

Brora's chairman doesn't seem to think much of City. In an interview on their website he thinks they'll beat them and is already looking toward the R4 draw!!

Hopefully we'll get them in the next round & we'll show him & 'em.

Grimbo

What a tube- has he never heard of teams pinning that kind of crap up on the dressing room as motivation? Not a scholar of the School of Philosophy of that ancient thinker Michaelus of Lawsonii obviously!

I won't be the slightest bit surprise come 17.00 on Saturday to see that both Edinburgh City and Spartans have both progressed to the next round of the Scottish Cup.

Good luck to both and may they continue to fly the flag for the Lowland League for a few more rounds.

What might be more shocking is the pictures in the papers, was at AP today & saw 3 of our stars dressed up holding the Cup whilst being shot by a couple of photographers, I took a sneaky couple of shots too, ha ha, all will be "revealed" later.

Grimbo

Archived