Scottish Cup

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching the game yesterday, East Stirling are the easiest draw possible, they were murder!! Keeper dropped the ball constantly and they defended as if they were the lower league team 1-0 up and defending for their lives, punting the ball anywhere!! Brutal

Yet they've won without conceding against a previously undefeated team- and it's a sign of a good(or better) side to play poorly and still win, particularly with a clean sheet.

They may have just had an off day, but there are a huge number of managers who wish their team had been murder and got a win this weekend.

After 20 minutes . Shocking decision .

It did seem a very harsh sending off.

But Talbot were pretty awful first half , persisting with high balls up front, to a city defence that lapped it up. Joseph Mbu in particular!

Upped their game a bit second half, but a poor performance all round.

Just been on Willie Hill to see if there's any Spartans footage, I missed Kilbies 2nd goal cos me mate moved in front of the camera to get a better view but obliterated my camera shot. I see Gretna 08's & Threave's games are up but not ours ffs!

Grimbo

Yet they've won without conceding against a previously undefeated team- and it's a sign of a good(or better) side to play poorly and still win, particularly with a clean sheet.

They may have just had an off day, but there are a huge number of managers who wish their team had been murder and got a win this weekend.

This is a fair point yep!

East Fife V Berwick Rangers

Forfar Athletic v Cowdenbeath

Edinburgh City v Brora Rangers

Stenhousemuir v Brechin City
Hurlford v Stirling Albion
Arbroath or Montrose v Nairn County

Elgin City or Forres Mechanics v Bo'ness

Ayr United v Alloa Athletic
Spartans or East Kilbride v Clyde
Peterhead v Stranraer
Dumbarton v Rangers
Queens Park v Albion Rovers
Morton v Airdrie

Annan Ath v Livingston
East Stirling v Dunfermline
Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

East Fife V Berwick Rangers

Forfar Athletic v Cowdenbeath

Edinburgh City v Brora Rangers

Stenhousemuir v Brechin City

Hurlford v Stirling Albion

Arbroath or Montrose v Nairn County

Elgin City or Forres Mechanics v Bo'ness

Ayr United v Alloa Athletic

Spartans or East Kilbride v Clyde

Peterhead v Stranraer

Dumbarton v Rangers

Queens Park v Albion Rovers

Morton v Airdrie

Annan Ath v Livingston

East Stirling v Dunfermline

Linlithgow Rose v Raith Rovers

Have city been given a bye?

Correct. As things stand this would be the pyramid play-off come the season's end.

Having been on FitbaNorth (equivalent of P&B for HL clubs), it surprises me that some of their fans think Brora should eliminate City pretty easily... Others do regard it as a tricky tie, however.

...if Brora get around to upgrading their floodlights and actually participate in the playoffs. Maybe not the thread for discussing this in any depth but Fitba North is worth a visit to find out how the HL types view that particular issue. Very different outlook from the top LL clubs.

I'm a bit underwhelmed- no disrespect actually to Brora it's just I'd have preferred a weekender up there if we had to play them. As it is I'm sure they'll bring down a good crowd and the whiskey will flow.

I'm underwhelmed because having overcome a tricky tie against the West Superleague Champions, to get the best team in the Highland League is a bit annoying! I'd rather have been pumped in front of a decent crowd at Rangers, Raith or Dunfermline for example. Still, our record against Highlanders hasn't been too bad in recent years..

Correct. As things stand this would be the pyramid play-off come the season's end.

Having been on FitbaNorth (equivalent of P&B for HL clubs), it surprises me that some of their fans think Brora should eliminate City pretty easily... Others do regard it as a tricky tie, however.

Yeah, rather like some at Beechwood Park thought all they had to do was turn up as well. This game will be even tighter than the last round.

I'm a bit underwhelmed- no disrespect actually to Brora it's just I'd have preferred a weekender up there if we had to play them. As it is I'm sure they'll bring down a good crowd and the whiskey will flow.

I'm underwhelmed because having overcome a tricky tie against the West Superleague Champions, to get the best team in the Highland League is a bit annoying! I'd rather have been pumped in front of a decent crowd at Rangers, Raith or Dunfermline for example. Still, our record against Highlanders hasn't been too bad in recent years..

On the other hand, get by this & the chance of a SPL side. Personally I'd sooner see get as many easier ties as possible, the further you get in the contest the better it looks to potential fans.

Yeah, rather like some at Beechwood Park thought all they had to do was turn up as well. This game will be even tighter than the last round.

On the other hand, get by this & the chance of a SPL side. Personally I'd sooner see get as many easier ties as possible, the further you get in the contest the better it looks to potential fans.

Could you point to the fact that the Talbot felt that they only had to turn up?

Could you point to the fact that the Talbot felt that they only had to turn up?

What I said was "some at Beechwood Park thought" - I know reading comprehension tends not to be P&B Bot fans forte lest it get in the way of another orchastrated row with RRG, but do try harder elsewhere.

Since you ask however for examples:

Sore one to take as I'm sure we would beat city 9/10

That plus Isabel's usual routine of turning into The Incredible Sulk every time Bot lose to what she/he regards as "lesser" clubs, & the "bigger pitch" excuse nonsense currently doing the rounds is symptomatic of the sour grapes of those who spouted "will show every respect" before the game but dropped their masks when the game didn't go according to their delusions that Bot are somehow light years ahead of all in the LL.

Saturday was your ilk's long overdue wake up call.

Haters gonna hate Lurker! Our man shot himself in the foot because as you say the goalposts have been moved. Also Isa is something else he's still ranting on about the referendum on my facebook. My ideal finish to last Saturday would have been Isa being earmarked at Waverley Station by some Hibs Casuals. RESULT!

"Some at Beechwood Park" could easily be read as referring to the club rather than the fans. Think you are moving the goalposts a wee bit.

It would only "easily be read" by someone whose vision is that obtuse they believe in garbage such as the Orange Order is some cuddly working class men's club rather than a rabble of vicious bigots. :whistle

Dry your tiny tears, the "inferior" LL side won, & all the whataboutery in the world isn't going to change that it was the right result. Like I said, a wake up call.

Archived