Scottish Cup

...However my mood lightened when I saw the result from Meadowbank. Well done City, you did us proud. That result will silence a few voices from the those who choose to stay outwith the pyramid.

Better performances from Selkirk and Dalbeattie would have been needed for that, because the complaint is more about the overall quality in depth, but Talbot getting knocked out should be a reality check for those that don't realise that the very top of the LL and HL is comparable in quality to the very top of the juniors.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better performances from Selkirk and Dalbeattie would have been needed for that, because the complaint is more about the overall quality in depth, but Talbot getting knocked out should be a reality check for those that don't realise that the very top of the LL and HL is comparable in quality to the very top of the juniors.

Spot on. Hopefully though the 'pyramid' will allow the strength in depth to develop. Dalbeattie would be in on merit but selkirk? Not sure.

First of all well done to Edinburgh City on a fantastic result !

Sickener for Gretna so late on.

Great effort from the Whitehill boys today and it's hard to believe we managed to lose it. Were well on top especially in the second half and got hit on the break for the Shire goal there first shot in the 2nd half. Great finish though. Bryan Young then made 2 great saves to keep us in it then just couldn't get equaliser. Wayne hit the bar with a header then saw another effort with his napper somehow headed off the line very late on.

Not got the official crowd yet but must have been pushing 300.

Crowd was 573. About two-thirds of them from Talbot.

Thanks Scrooge. Did city have to employ security guards for the game as a result of the casuals issues a few seasons ago? Read in paper that u18s had to be accompanied by an adult- it's a game as I'm sure with such a big youth set up some of the younger players wouldn't have been able to attend.

Can I also mirror the e-City sentiments from all on here, I've never seen Talbot but I've heard shit-loads about them & foolishly believed they were supposed to be good, more fool me eh? I've seen e-City shit-loads of times but unfortunately didn't make their game at ours this season.

When's the draw for R3? Looking forward to seeing who we/Kilby get in the next round. FFS please don't be e-City (yet).

Grimbo

Can I also mirror the e-City sentiments from all on here, I've never seen Talbot but I've heard shit-loads about them & foolishly believed they were supposed to be good, more fool me eh? I've seen e-City shit-loads of times but unfortunately didn't make their game at ours this season.

When's the draw for R3? Looking forward to seeing who we/Kilby get in the next round. FFS please don't be e-City (yet).

Grimbo

2pm on Monday Grimbo. The big yin is doing it at the Usher Hall apparently. Sadly he won't be pulling our name out the hat.

First of all well done to Edinburgh City on a fantastic result !Sickener for Gretna so late on.Great effort from the Whitehill boys today and it's hard to believe we managed to lose it. Were well on top especially in the second half and got hit on the break for the Shire goal there first shot in the 2nd half. Great finish though. Bryan Young then made 2 great saves to keep us in it then just couldn't get equaliser. Wayne hit the bar with a header then saw another effort with his napper somehow headed off the line very late on.Not got the official crowd yet but must have been pushing 300.

Fitba can be a cruel game rab.

Proud of the lads effort today.

east stirling looked very nervous at times.

I've seen better LL teams this season but best of luck to shire,enjoyed their wee sing songs from a tropical rosewell (well it was that hot some fans had their tops off :D)

Absolutely gutted we did nae take anything from the game.

Disappointing for Star. Eventually well beaten but never a 5-1. Had the better of the first half, played some good stuff, but Linlithgow are a top side.

Killer was conceding barely a couple of minutes after getting it back to 2-1. Not many teams will want to face going there in next round.

2/3 of the crowd is from Talbot? How can a LL team raise their crowds? Worrying when top of LL only get 50/100 every 2nd week. I imagine rest of LL is the same bar the odd game.

They were playing in opposition to the Hibs game five minutes down the road which brought in just under 10,000.

Maybe makes City's achievements all the better this season that they have done it with such a small support.

Well done e city best draw for them in the next round would be a home tie against nairn ek/spartans linlithgow boness or brora at home

I'd probably put hurlford in there too or even someone like the shire although perhaps given the choice, the players and committee ( there don't seem to be many 'fans') would like newco at ibrox...

Personally I'd love to see City get Rangers at home, for the simple reason that I doubt the stand at Meadowbank has been anything approaching full since the Commonwealth Games almost 30yr ago and it would be nice to see it so before it gets razed (whether that be in a few years or a few decades). That'd still represent an excellent earner for City, too, albeit less than Ibrox.

Brora, Linlithgow and Hurlford are very decent outfits... I think most teams wanting the best draw in terms of progression will be looking for Nairn, winner of EK v Spartans and Forres v Elgin replays, Clyde, and perhaps Bo'ness.

Archived